HELLO SOX FANS!

HELLO!!!!

After 22 weeks of training being in the US Army, I finally have the chance to get back on the board and say 'hello' to all of you.

Before I forget, I want to wish my fellow posters a merry x-mas.

I see some changes have been made to the board and it looks really cool. Keep up the good work.

Glad to hear you will not be in harms way!  Good luck buddy, and look forward to talking with you again.

Not so fast, what about all the fried penis-eating cannibals over there?

I'd be more afraid of them than terrorists.

Keep your eyes peeled, and if someone over there asks to have you over for dinner, make sure you know EXACTLY what they're referring to.

HELLO!!!!

After 22 weeks of training being in the US Army, I finally have the chance to get back on the board and say 'hello' to all of you.

I see some changes have been made to the board and it looks really cool. Keep up the good work.

Hey BEV, you're back!

Not so fast, what about all the fried penis-eating cannibals over there? 

I'd be more afraid of them than terrorists.

Keep your eyes peeled, and if someone over there asks to have you over for dinner, make sure you know EXACTLY what they're referring to.

That is too funny. That is also probably the most disturbing thing I've ever heard.

HELLO!!!!

Glad to have you back with us,,,,from one soldier to another.

HELLO!!!!

Merry Xmas Bev. Good to hear that your safe and best of luck to ya :cheers

Nuke, I am not sure what unit I'm going to, but I am going to be w/the 1st Armored Division, that's about the extent of what I know so far.

what unit are/were you in?

Before I forget, to everyone else, hope you all have a wonderful holiday season

1st Armored huh? Good deal for you. They are almost done with their Iraq tour so looks like you wont have to go. What will happen is that you'll be on the units rear detatchment while you await their return (this March or April) then you'll join the rest of your comrades.

Another side note. I've heard a lot of talk that 1st Armored Div may be transferred back to the U.S. sometime late next year. If thats true then your tour in Germany may not last very long.

As for me I was in 3d Infantry Division my 1st 5 years in. I went into Iraq back in the spring and got out of there when the rest of our guys did back in August. Now I'm in 2ND Infantry in S. Korea. Not a bad assignment, just really cold over here. If you need some help with something Army related let me know cause I can probably help.

Happy holidays.

Now I'm in 2ND Infantry in S. Korea. Not a bad assignment, just really cold over here. If you need some help with something Army related let me know cause I can probably help.

You are in Korea, huh? I was looking to go there, but I guess I have to wait till I get to my unit to ask to get transfered there if I still want to.

Nuke, would it be difficult in my situation going to be going to Germany and go airborne? I want to go airborne, but I guess I am trying to find out how difficult it is once I get to my unit.

You are in Korea, huh? I was looking to go there, but I guess I have to wait till I get to my unit to ask to get transfered there if I still want to.

Nuke, would it be difficult in my situation going to be going to Germany and go airborne? I want to go airborne, but I guess I am trying to find out how difficult it is once I get to my unit.

That depends on your job. Generally if you dont go right out of basic its pretty tough cause most units dont want to pay to send you. If you stay in then your best shot is to re-enlist to go there. As for Korea its not too bad but sometimes Korea seems like a place where people compete to see who can be the biggest asshole (at least in my unit anyway). Enjoy whatever time you have in Germany then go back to the US.

If you have some questions about stuff that's Army related feel free to hit me up on the PM or on the boards. If I'm not in the field or otherwise tied up I'll be happy to help you with whatever you dont feel like talking to your NCO's about.