I just saw LOTR Return of the King

HighHeat45

:o

is all i have to say about this movie: i laughed, i cried (trust me, you will too ) and i loved every second of it. This movie no doubt won the best special effects in the oscars next year and will win more than that.

***SPOILERS***

Now about that crying part, i havent cried in a movie since i was little and i had no intention of crying (now unlike PA i didnt start bawling but a tear did form in my eye) but these are 3 parts that people will cry at

1- When frodo tells sam to go home

2- When they are laying on the rock outside of mount doom with the lava flowing everywhere

3- When frodo leaves his friends to go with Bilbo

There were also some funny parts that you have to see or you wont get it.

5 stars from me :headbang

You forgot the part with Eowyn and her father as he was dying. I totally lost it at that part. *sniff* That and the part when Sam was crying after Frodo told him to go home. Definitely the best one of the three.

kick ass movie though....and where the hell did whitesox56789 get off by ripping on me? I did get teary eyed though.

I really thought every part of the movie was great. I think you have to see the extended versions to fill in all the blanks....there's alot about ferrimir and his dad in the second film only in the extended versions.

kick ass movie though....and where the hell did whitesox56789 get off by ripping on me? I did get teary eyed though.

i thought you would ask that, well heres the thing

2 rows behind me there was this guy that kinda looked like you in that pic that used to be your avatar (with miss soxforlife) and during the part when frodo leaves, this guy was bawling he was crying so loud the entire theatre was looking at him. It wasnt a rip, i just thought id tell ya that if ya asked

I just saw this movie last night and it now is hands down my favorite movie of all time. The battle scenes were just incredible as was everything else about the movie. My one and only complaint is that they cut out the scouring of the Shire, but it didn't seem like a big deal because they did such a good job telling the rest of the story. Minas Tirith was so much cooler looking than I ever could have imagined it. I almost came to tears when the movie was over just because I didn't want it to end.

My one and only complaint is that they cut out the scouring of the Shire, but it didn't seem like a big deal because they did such a good job telling the rest of the story.

yeah, that's what I've heard from most people who've read the books.

Minas Tirith was so much cooler looking than I ever could have imagined it.  I almost came to tears when the movie was over just because I didn't want it to end.

totally agree. The white city was just freakin' cool looking. I was glad that they had the epilogue in the movie. you get attached to the characters, so you DEFINITELY want to see what happens to them after the great battle

Yep, when Frodo sent Sam home I heard a lot of whispering. I figured I'm old and forgetful. ;)

3.5 hour movie and I couldn't believe it ended so fast.

At the end I was talking with my son and pointed out that the movie started with Bilbo's birthday party and slowly arrived at a dark place. I can't wait for the extended DVD, it will be what 5 hours?!