Looks Like the Sox will Go with a young Bullpen

maggsmaggs

This is how I think our bullpen will end up:

CL-Marte ( I Think he will be given every opportunity to thrive in the role)

LS-Wunsch (We just resigned him)

RS-Koch (unless he is traded, then it will be Jose Santiago)

Middle Relief-Felix Diaz/Arnie Munoz (This young duo will either be the start of something great or another bunch of young prospects that bust)

Mid Relief- Jose Santiago (if Koch isn't traded)

Long relief-Danny Wright (could be very valuable out of the pen)

By the looks of this pen, I am a little skeptical especially with a current rotation of:

1-Buerhle

2-Loiaza

3-Garland

4-Cotts

5-Rauch

I am just a little a worried

This is how I think our bullpen will end up:

CL-Marte ( I Think he will be given every opportunity to thrive in the role)

LS-Wunsch (We just resigned him)

RS-Koch (unless he is traded, then it will be Jose Santiago)

Middle Relief-Felix Diaz/Arnie Munoz (This young duo will either be the start of something great or another bunch of young prospects that bust)

Mid Relief- Jose Santiago (if Koch isn't traded)

Long relief-Danny Wright (could be very valuable out of the pen)

By the looks of this pen, I am a little skeptical especially with a current rotation of:

1-Buerhle

2-Loiaza

3-Garland

4-Cotts

5-Rauch

I am just a little a worried

I got a good feeling that you are way off.

Koch is probably in the right spot. Marte would not close because then we don't have a lefty setup guy. Wunsch can't set up because he CANNOT get righties out. They hit like .350 off of him, while lefties hit like .110. He is used to get a tough lefty out when needed to, not to set up. I'm not even going to discuss your other 3.

It's still December....cool the hell down. KW still probably has a few trades that he wants to get done yet, and remember, the Colon deal last year did not get done till about January 15th.

Koch is probably in the right spot. Marte would not close because then we don't have a lefty setup guy. Wunsch can't set up because he CANNOT get righties out. They hit like .350 off of him, while lefties hit like .110. He is used to get a tough lefty out when needed to, not to set up. I'm not even going to discuss your other 3.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6440

This site shows that righties hit wunsch at .153 average. I'd say that's pretty good and lefties hit .127 off him. What's wrong with him being a lefty set-up, he gets both righties and lefties out at great rates. Also, who would close, Koch deserves a shot but only after Marte who proved himself worthy to get a chance last year. And I agree with Chisoxfn that Grilli will probably be in there, he has got some stuff and isn't injured this year, he looks like a steal.

Guest Hex Rudler

Kenny still scares me. I hope he doesn't make any major trades. Every time he does, he gets fleeced. The only trades of his that worked out are the Colon and Marte trades, and he might have just gotten lucky on Marte. The Colon deal was laid out for him and it was a no brainer. Three years in a row he has made a major trade all with same result: Wells, Richie, Koch. All of his 2003 in season trades were awful. The Rangers, Mets, Angels, and Reds all took advantage of him. I wish Kenny would take a two month nap.

Kenny still scares me.  I hope he doesn't make any major trades.  Every time he does, he gets fleeced.  The only trades of his that worked out are the Colon and Marte trades, and he might have just gotten lucky on Marte.  The Colon deal was laid out for him and it was a no brainer.  Three years in a row he has made a major trade all with same result:  Wells, Richie, Koch.  All of his 2003 in season trades were awful.  The Rangers, Mets, Angels, and Reds all took advantage of him.  I wish Kenny would take a two month nap.

Wells back was injured. If he pitched like he had the two years after KW traded for him, it would have been a steal. Bierne, Sirotka, and Simmons will never play major league baseball again. The Ritchie trade was horrible, but he went right back to Pittsburgh and got Marte for Guerrier, another steal. He also got Yan in that deal who may turn into a ballplayer.The Colon trade was great, not a no brainer. The Yankees could have found other partners for the trade. The Koch trade was bad, but a lot of people on this site thought is was great at the time, and are still down on Foulke. Since none of the players KW gave up last summer have yet to play in the major leagues for a significant amount of time, its hard to say he got taken. Every White Sox prospect has been a future Hall of Famer before they got to the big leagues, and most have flamed out. The chances that all of the guys KW gave up last summer being successful is pretty freaking slim.