Too bad Ryno

chosk8

He's not a first ballot anyhow, not surprising to me....

:fthecubs

A lot more than you would think don't make it on the first ballot. It's like the voters have to prove something to the players and try to use it as a statement, like "no one gets in on the first ballot". Probably a way for the writers to get back at the players for being pricks while they were playing.

Dawson should make it. He was dominating. I think Ryno should too. I'm glad to see the voters don't have their heads up their asses and voted 13 people ahead of Don Mattingly (who was a good player, but not nearly as good as his reputation, since he was a Yank). There are some great players there who should probably make it in, but probably never will (Morris, Blyleven and Trammel being my three choices besides the two I mentioned above). Of course, I never got to see some of those guys play, so I don't know their games. They may deserve it more than I think.

my opnion

no to Dawson

yes to Sandberg

Molitor deserved it

Eck did not

my opinion never counts

Eck did not deserve it?!?! :o Now that I am shocked of, even though it is your opinion. :) I question more of monitor. The guy had more than 1,000 hits at the DH position. ;) (and mr. Eck still holds alot of records for closers [100 comp. gms and 100 svs] the only 1 to do it) But I think both of them really deserved it as both were very versitile. I think ryno might get in by 05 or 06. If he dosent get in by 06...he wont be getting in by 07. I guarantee that (gwinn, ripkin jr., mcwire (sp?) are definitely getting in.)

I can't believe Bert Blyleven isn't in. No body had a better curve. Alan Trammell should be there too. I guess he needed to do cartwheels before games to get noticed. There weren't too many double play combo's better than him and Whitaker offensively and defensively. As much as I hate the cubs Santo should be there too.

Is Eck's 0.62 ERA of the early 90s(taking a total guess here, I'd say 1992) the record for the lowest ERA of any pitcher of all time(inlcuding relievers too, because I know Gibson's ERA of 1.12 in like 68 or 69 is the record for starters)?

Yes, that is still the record. He also holds two other records in that same year I believe.