My complete opinion on the KW-MB crisis

Soxplosion

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HSC and GetUpGuy know the Buehrles a lot better than me, and of course I can't speak for them no way in hell, but we did have an interesting exchange of emails yesterday and got to keep confidence with them of course.

But I think it is safe to say they like Sox fans a whole lot.

Better to stay quiet and let people think you are a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.  

Section 113....that was a good post...but I gotta ask....do you know who is quoted as saying that first? Because it is a very good quote to live by

Actually, I believe this quote, or a very similar form of it, can be attributed to Benjamin Franklin. I am not totally sure of this, though.

If I'm thinking right....I believe it is Abraham Lincoln.

I did a little research on the internet.... it was actually Mark Twain.

Better to stay quiet and let people think you are a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.  

Section 113....that was a good post...but I gotta ask....do you know who is quoted as saying that first? Because it is a very good quote to live by

Actually, I believe this quote, or a very similar form of it, can be attributed to Benjamin Franklin. I am not totally sure of this, though.

If I'm thinking right....I believe it is Abraham Lincoln.

I did a little research on the internet.... it was actually Mark Twain.

Darn! You beat me to it!! Twain is one of my all time favorite Americans.

One more question.. your what 15, 16 years old...? Just curious as to what your first memory of the Sox (that didn't have to be told to you, or watched on ESPN classic) is...

Well, Im 15 and I have to tell the story of my favorite White Sox moment ever. This is excluding the games hwere I was actually at Comiskey because in those games no matter what happens are better. I spent the entire 2000 season (and others) in Rota, Spain so I hardly ever got to see the Sox on TV (when I did Id have to stay up to like three in the morning). When I learned that my grandma was dying of cancer my family went to West Virginia to be with her in her final days (late July 2000). She had some pretty cool neighbors and I saw that the Sox were playing the Angels one nite on TV. Just so I didnt bother my grandma I went to the neighbors and watched the game with them. The game was not going well until about the eighth inning. They were down 6-2 going to the top half of that inning. We scored two runs and then went to the ninth down by two and facing the Angels top notch closer, Troy Percival. With one man out, one run in and a man on second, Ray Ray doubled and tied the game. He later scored and we took the lead. We blew it in the bottom half but in the top of the tenth we scored four runs and took the game for good. That is my favorite White Sox moment ever...

One more question.. your what 15, 16 years old...? Just curious as to what your first memory of the Sox (that didn't have to be told to you, or watched on ESPN classic) is...

Well, Im 15 and I have to tell the story of my favorite White Sox moment ever. This is excluding the games hwere I was actually at Comiskey because in those games no matter what happens are better. I spent the entire 2000 season (and others) in Rota, Spain so I hardly ever got to see the Sox on TV (when I did Id have to stay up to like three in the morning). When I learned that my grandma was dying of cancer my family went to West Virginia to be with her in her final days (late July 2000). She had some pretty cool neighbors and I saw that the Sox were playing the Angels one nite on TV. Just so I didnt bother my grandma I went to the neighbors and watched the game with them. The game was not going well until about the eighth inning. They were down 6-2 going to the top half of that inning. We scored two runs and then went to the ninth down by two and facing the Angels top notch closer, Troy Percival. With one man out, one run in and a man on second, Ray Ray doubled and tied the game. He later scored and we took the lead. We blew it in the bottom half but in the top of the tenth we scored four runs and took the game for good. That is my favorite White Sox moment ever...

I was at that game. Great game. I miss Ray... :(

I was at that game. Great game. I miss Ray... :(

you wouldnt believe the major brouh - ha - ha that started on the white sox board that nite....ill never forget it...we were up to 5 in the morning...a bunch of us were ragging on manuel and then when they won an couple posterscalled us out ..man was that fun that nite..

ill miss ray too.. a lot...i think ray's game will be much more appreciated now that he is gone..it will be hard to replace...it took 30 years to find an adaquate replacement for nellie fox...lets it doesnt take the same for ray-ray

Jerry Dzybinski wasn't an adequete enough 2nd baseman for you?  :D

What about Julio "The Juice" Cruz? :D

i like him. for me he was a exciting player to watch.

The only memory of Julio Cruz that sticks out in my mind is the way he touched home plate with both feet after Harold Baines' sac-fly to clinch the '83 AL West Division Title. I'll never forget that. Most of '83 is a blur to me today because it happened so long ago and due to the fact that I was only 8 at the time.

Jerry Dzybinski wasn't an adequete enough 2nd baseman for you?  :D

What about Julio "The Juice" Cruz? :D

i like him. for me he was a exciting player to watch.

The only memory of Julio Cruz that sticks out in my mind is the way he touched home plate with both feet after Harold Baines' sac-fly to clinch the '83 AL West Division Title. I'll never forget that. Most of '83 is a blur to me today because it happened so long ago and due to the fact that I was only 8 at the time.

ok was that a crack at my age?

:headbang :bringit

Ok "old roman", I dont know where you get off ripping on Mark that way. You know nothing. Not a damn thing. Your just one of those lonely people that have nothing better to do, than sit around getting off stirring the s***pot. I was with Mark at the what you call the "Cardinals dinner". It's actually called the St. Louis Chapter BBWAA 45th dinner. Add that to your know it all book. It has nothing to do with the CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!! It's 1 of 3 AWARD SHOWS held in the nation. He recieved an award from the BBWAA. Here let me spell that out for you. BaseBall Writers Association of America. I dont see Cardinals dinner in there anywhere, do you? KirK Rueter of the Giants was there also. I guess he's a bad guy now isn't he? Oh yeah, Isaac Bruce of the Rams was there too. I guess he's gonna quit football because the Cardinals want him to,huh? Get your facts straight, before running your mouth. OK now about the money. Do you work? Do you want more money? Yes 8 million would be nice to you and I for what we do. What Mark does is his job, and whether you like it or not they get paid alot of money for what they do. They want a guaranteed deal for 4 years, not three. Thats why he didn't sign,i guess you already new that though! How do I know what I'm talking about, because Mark's my brother, those are the facts. Keep writing the funnt s***, so I can keep laughing at you along with everybody else!!!!!!!!!!1

Hey 56, if you are Jason, we met and I'm the guy who got your autograph on my program a few times - if you're not Jason, then we still met but only once and I am sure neither one of us remembers the other's name anyway -

your bro is great...

I'm planning to have much cold Busch on hand for opening day tailgate - see ya then -

Ok "old roman", I dont know where you get off ripping on Mark that way. You know nothing. Not a damn thing. Your just one of those lonely people that have nothing better to do, than sit around getting off stirring the s***pot. I was with Mark at the what you call the "Cardinals dinner". It's actually called the St. Louis Chapter BBWAA 45th dinner. Add that to your know it all book. It has nothing to do with the CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!! It's 1 of 3 AWARD SHOWS held in the nation. He recieved an award from the BBWAA. Here let me spell that out for you. BaseBall Writers Association of America. I dont see Cardinals dinner in there anywhere, do you? KirK Rueter of the Giants was there also. I guess he's a bad guy now isn't he? Oh yeah, Isaac Bruce of the Rams was there too. I guess he's gonna quit football because the Cardinals want him to,huh?  Get your facts straight, before running your mouth. OK now about the money. Do you work? Do you want more money? Yes 8 million would be nice to you and I for what we do. What Mark does is his job, and whether you like it or not they get paid alot of money for what they do. They want a guaranteed deal for 4 years, not three. Thats why he didn't sign,i guess you already new that though! How do I know what I'm talking about, because Mark's my brother, those are the facts. Keep writing the funnt s***, so I can keep laughing at you along with everybody else!!!!!!!!!!1

LMFAO!!!!!!! I was waiting for that. Welcome to the boards! :headbang

Guest hotsoxchick1
Ok "old roman", I dont know where you get off ripping on Mark that way. You know nothing. Not a damn thing. Your just one of those lonely people that have nothing better to do, than sit around getting off stirring the s***pot. I was with Mark at the what you call the "Cardinals dinner". It's actually called the St. Louis Chapter BBWAA 45th dinner. Add that to your know it all book. It has nothing to do with the CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!! It's 1 of 3 AWARD SHOWS held in the nation. He recieved an award from the BBWAA. Here let me spell that out for you. BaseBall Writers Association of America. I dont see Cardinals dinner in there anywhere, do you? KirK Rueter of the Giants was there also. I guess he's a bad guy now isn't he? Oh yeah, Isaac Bruce of the Rams was there too. I guess he's gonna quit football because the Cardinals want him to,huh?  Get your facts straight, before running your mouth. OK now about the money. Do you work? Do you want more money? Yes 8 million would be nice to you and I for what we do. What Mark does is his job, and whether you like it or not they get paid alot of money for what they do. They want a guaranteed deal for 4 years, not three. Thats why he didn't sign,i guess you already new that though! How do I know what I'm talking about, because Mark's my brother, those are the facts. Keep writing the funnt s***, so I can keep laughing at you along with everybody else!!!!!!!!!!1

ahh finally..... welcome aboard hon...or hons... you know me i keep your busch cold and your margaritas hot..........see ya opening day ........... :D we tried to potty train old roman there but he keeps missing the paper.......we have really got to make sure we get a shorter leash for him........hes definately over run his boundries.......anyhow WELCOME ABOARD..........

oh boy, first let me say this. welcome on board and the kid is learning. he is 15 yrs old. remember how we are when we are that age.

second. pls do not read my other post. :headbang