Rick White

whitesox247

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so now im expecting we trade away one of our unproven relievers? like ginter or somedin?  :rolleyes:

I suppose, but we won't get much for them....unless we plan on trading for Javier Vazquez...and you think that we'll get him for cheap? I don't...the most we'll get is prospects...I'd trade Ginter, Porzio and Sanders for a couple good prospects about now....if anyone has a decent 1B prospect and a decent catching prospect(in this case, it means that Olivo is a good catching prospect....decent is a catcher that could play like Mark Johnson) that they'd deal for 3 pitchers that may or may not be good. We may need some people in those positions.

That would be a good deal, IMO.

Ginter will spend the season in AAA.

The Sox's bullpen now looks like:

Koch

Damaso

Gordon

White

Glover

Wunch

KW said they'll carry 11 pitchers, but i would rather have them carry 12. (the 12th being Almonte)

Exactly my thinking mac...but I don't really care whether or not we carry 11 or 12....I'd rather carry 11, so our bench could be a bit deeper(as we didn't have much of a bench last year), but either one is fine....if someone goes down, than Almonte/Sanders takes their spot, unless it's in the rotation, in which case White/Stewart takes their spot....God, I hope none of our starters goes down. If our starting rotation is healthy all year, I will say that we will win the division.

Ginter will spend the season in AAA.

The Sox's bullpen now looks like:

Koch

Damaso

Gordon

White

Glover

Wunch

KW said they'll carry 11 pitchers, but i would rather have them carry 12. (the 12th being Almonte)

Exactly my thinking mac...but I don't really care whether or not we carry 11 or 12....I'd rather carry 11, so our bench could be a bit deeper(as we didn't have much of a bench last year), but either one is fine....if someone goes down, than Almonte/Sanders takes their spot, unless it's in the rotation, in which case White/Stewart takes their spot....God, I hope none of our starters goes down. If our starting rotation is healthy all year, I will say that we will win the division.

but a lot of sports writers and from the sox management team that munoz can come up and play by mid-season if he doesn't break with the team in spring training.

LDF....who do you leave off the roster than? Koch, Gordon, Wunsch and White are locks to make it because they are signed to contracts, Marte and Glover are because they have proved they are good pitchers in the past....there is no one there to leave off.

I think he'll be in AAA and if one of the lefties goes down, then he comes up first(not Sanders...my bad)...I assume what he's doing in AAA is simply stretching out his arm to gain stamina....he's only 21 or so, so he's got plenty of time to do it. As long as he isn't traded or blows out his arm, we are OK...and I think he's got a pretty good idea of what he's doing...so he won't blow it out.

Munoz has been really overused this past season. That and the Sox's would like to turn him into a starter. I think he'll start slow in either AA or AAA, then get a few starts in both AA and AAA, but unless the Sox's really need bullpen help i dont think he'll be more then a Sep. call up.

LDF....who do you leave off the roster than?  Koch, Gordon, Wunsch and White are locks to make it because they are signed to contracts, Marte and Glover are because they have proved they are good pitchers in the past....there is no one there to leave off. 

I think he'll be in AAA and if one of the lefties goes down, then he comes up first(not Sanders...my bad)...I assume what he's doing in AAA is simply stretching out his arm to gain stamina....he's only 21 or so, so he's got plenty of time to do it.  As long as he isn't traded or blows out his arm, we are OK...and I think he's got a pretty good idea of what he's doing...so he won't blow it out.

all good points, i personally would like to have him start in AAA, as you said to build up. however, i am just reporting what is being said. maybe just maybe kw has learned not to rush anymore pitchers. like he did with rauch.

Rauch wasn't really rushed, as he had had a couple years experience and no one knew how he was going to pitch coming back from his injury, but he was forced into the rotation....coming out of ST, the Sox had intended on using Glover out of the pen and Parque as a minor league pitcher....and that left us with 5 starters. I think he's learned that maybe we should try out more starters than 5 or so.

Sanders won't make the team unless he beats out Jon Rauch for the job, which he won't. If the Sox do indeed carry 11 pitchers, forget about Almonte or Munoz making the squad, if they take 12, Almonte gets the job. This bullpen is pretty stacked, but I have to ask, how are they paying for all of this?

To be honest, even if the Sox can't resign Colon, Koch, Gordon, White, etc. it'll still be nice to see the Sox give it their all to try and go all the way this year.  The Good Guys are BACK!

then why stop there, go out and sign cruz to help in the cf

If we look like the Yanks, then the Cubs look like the Mets....because atleast we will be good after all of our offseason moves! :D

and with all the positive moves that kw has made and if they pan out. i guess i will have to think nice of him. :o