Rick White

whitesox247

i know one thing, i guess it would not be nice to charge the mound on white. here is what i got from espn scouting report on him.

Pitching, Defense & Hitting

White showed he could handle the setup role and bounce back quickly after Valentine began limiting the righthander's outings to a maximum of two innings. That approach enabled White to throw his entire repertoire, including a four-seam fastball in the 92-MPH range, a sharp slider and a decent changeup, curveball and splitter. He loves to challenge hitters and is not afraid to pitch inside, which shouldn't be surprising considering he's a former bar bouncer. He also is a decent fielder and holds runners well for a righthander. A lack of experience has contributed to his development as a poor hitter.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will someone please tell me what 2 runs in 6 innings equals in era? i cant count.. :ph34r:

its not what it equals, it more of when the game was on the line in a very big situation and he gave up some runs, esp if it was a close one.

like kevin millwood rep that he can't win in the playoff or in the cold weather.

It sounds like white will be a set up man.  If that is true, where does marte go.  A spot closer or do we trade him.

White = 6th inning man

Marte = 7th/8th inning man

Gordon = 8th/7th inning man

Koch = 9th inning man

Glover and Wunsch are used when the time is right....Glover when White or Gordon had worked on about 2 nights in a row, Wunsch when either Marte has worked the same as Gordon/White or when there is a lefty that we need to get out. I think we're going to have an incredible bullpen this year - one of the best in the league, if not the best in the league. I can't wait for the season to start.

Either he or White will be the 6th inning guy...or they may share that role as well.....with Jerry the Tinkerer, we could have Rios come in and pitch during the 6th inning this year....who the hell knows with JM.

Regardless...call it wishful thinking, but I think our pen will once again be the best in the league.

I think Glover is going to be a force outta the pen.

I think before he joined the rotation last year he era was in the 2's

Glover has a 1.21 ERA working out of the pen.

That was in limited time, however.

Regardless...that's incredible. That also tells me how bad he sucked as a starter, considering his ERA was around 4.50 or so for the year.

I think Glover is going to be a force outta the pen.

I think before he joined the rotation last year he era was in the 2's

Glover has a 1.21 ERA working out of the pen.

That was in limited time, however.

Regardless...that's incredible. That also tells me how bad he sucked as a starter, considering his ERA was around 4.50 or so for the year.

i agree that he make a better rp then he does as a starter.

It sounds like white will be a set up man.  If that is true, where does marte go.  A spot closer or do we trade him.

White = 6th inning man

Koch = 9th inning man

Glover and Wunsch are used when the time is right....Glover when White or Gordon had worked on about 2 nights in a row, Wunsch when either Marte has worked the same as Gordon/White or when there is a lefty that we need to get out. I think we're going to have an incredible bullpen this year - one of the best in the league, if not the best in the league. I can't wait for the season to start.

I was thinking KW said White would take on Rocky Biddle's role in the pen.

It sounds like white will be a set up man.  If that is true, where does marte go.  A spot closer or do we trade him.

White = 6th inning man

Koch = 9th inning man

i see it the ame way cali does..lets hope jerry the tinkerer can figure it out to...no more closer by committee

White = 6th inning man

Koch = 9th inning man

u mean long reliever?

Rick White got absolutely tatooed last year with the Colorado Rockies. He was throwing line drives all over the place, so they cut him, and the Rockies were absolutely desperate for bullpen help. He would have made Ritchie look good. We have all these promising pitchers in the minors, so we should give them a chance to win the job. The staff ERA just went up.