Your 2003 Chicago White Sox

Guest wsc425

SP's Mark Buehrle

Bartolo Colon

Jon Garland

Dan Wright

Jon Rauch

RP's Kelly Wunsch, Billy Koch, Rick White, Tom "Flash" Gordon, Gary Glover, Matt Ginter, Damaso Marte

1b-Paul Konerko

2b-??? (Either D'Angelo Jimenez or Willie Harris

ss-Jose Valentin

3b-Joe Crede

lf-Carlos Lee

cf-??? (Joe Borchard, Armando Rios, or Aaron Rowand)

rf-Magglio Ordonez

c-Miguel Olivo

dh-Frank Thomas

Bench:Tony Graffanino, Sandy Alomar, Jr., Armando Rios, Willie Harris/Josh Paul.

I am beginning to think we are playoff caliber once again. Our week points is CF, 2b, and C.

Tony Graffanino tore his ACL, he wont be ready for the start of the season.

Matt Ginter wont be on the team, the Sox's will only carry 11 pitchers according to KW.

according to the article i posted on the health of the sox, it was said that he is ahead of schedule and may be ready.

My friend tore his ACL, they always tell you your ahaed of schedule, but when you go out and try to play you can't get s*** done. So even if he's healthy he'll need a good 100 AB's or so in AAA to get back to a decent hitter.

good point and i agree, but it really depends on the tear. i did mine and boy i had some major rehad. it is still f*** up. i give a lot of credit to these sports players.

do you remembe dan hampton, he came back in what 3 weeks after a knee surgery.

If we take 12 pitchers, Almonte, not Ginter, will be the 12th man.

Jimenez will be the 2Bmen

If you want a CFer who is a sleeper in making the team starting, go with Willie Harris....he had a good winter....I wouldn't be surprised to see Rowand and Harris platoon in CF....but I'm expecting Rowand out of ST.

If Graffy isn't ready, expect newly acquired Jorge Nunez or Tim Hummel to take over the utility IF/pinch hitter for us until Graffy is ready(if he isn't ready by Opening Day)

Both Harris and Paul will make the roster....or atleast Harris will. If Paul is cut out of ST, then he has to clear waivers before he can go back down to the minors and with catching as weak as it is offensively and Paul being decent offensively, some team will pick him up. I'd say either Paul makes the team out of ST, or he is gone from the system....which is why I find it almost crucial to pick up either Eddie Perez or Tom Lampkin to a minor league deal....have them start in the minors and if and when Alomar goes down, then we use Perez/Lampkin as the backup. Simple as that.

After that, I'd have a bench of Nunez/Hummel(until Graffy is ready), Rios, Harris, Alomar, someone who can play 1B(other than Thomas)....maybe Tony Clark if he comes cheaply(which he probably should)....he has hit well in the past, but would mainly be used as a defensive guy who would give Konerko an off-day every now and then. If he could hit well off the bench for us(maybe .260 7 30 or something like that) then it would be really nice....great teams have very deep benches....and we could still use some depth to our bench....and he's left-handed. Sign him for maybe $500,000 with the possibility of making anywhere between $750,000-$1 million or something like that.

After that, I'd have a bench of Nunez/Hummel(until Graffy is ready), Rios, Harris, Alomar, someone who can play 1B(other than Thomas)....maybe Tony Clark if he comes cheaply(which he probably should)....he has hit well in the past, but would mainly be used as a defensive guy who would give Konerko an off-day every now and then.  If he could hit well off the bench for us(maybe .260 7 30 or something like that) then it would be really nice....great teams have very deep benches....and we could still use some depth to our bench....and he's left-handed.  Sign him for maybe $500,000 with the possibility of making anywhere between $750,000-$1 million or something like that.

I agree that the bench could use more depth but I'm not to sure about Tony Clark, it would be nice to find someone with a little more versatility. Is VanDerwal still available?

I agree that the bench could use more depth but I'm not to sure about Tony Clark, it would be nice to find someone with a little more versatility. Is VanDerwal still available?

Yeah, Vander Wal is still around....he could come cheaply as well...and I know he can play the corner OF positions as well as 1B....and he may be able to play CF as well.

I'd like either pickup(Clark or Vander Wal)....however, if I'm not mistaken, Orlando Palmeiro can play 1B as well....maybe we could sign him as well.

Guest hotsoxchick1

those killer g's and the w in the rp column is what scares me most......thats about the most iffy spot we have right now....ginter,glover, gordon and wunch.. sounds more like moe, larry, curly, and shemp..........scarry........but then again im not too impressed with our 3,4,5 in the rotation either......oh well............cant have it all i guess.........

what about david justice??...id almost take him because its almost a sure bet whatever team he plays on wil lgo to post season...its uncanny with that guy

Not to mention all his off the field issues would keep the Sox in the news....