tom brady = joe montana??

.Manning will always be blocked by someone from michigan.

Yeah ok.... :lolhitting

Manning will never be the best as long as Tom Brady is playing.

Brady is Derek Jeter to Manning's Nomar Garciappara. The former has got the hardware, but the latter is and will be better. The only difference is that Garciappara might never win anything, while Manning will have a couple of SuperBowls by the time he is done thanks to the wonderful world of NFL Parity.

Dan Marino was TWICE the QB Brady is, so please spare me the "Greatness is measured in SuperBowls" malarkey......Perhaps in your world it is, but in my world we realize that football, unlike say tennis, is a TEAM game, and that Brady "winning" two SBs by a total of 4 points while playing on a team with awesome defense and offensive line is NOT an automatic testament of his greatness......Brady is a good QB, on his very best day he might actually be a a Pro Bowler, but it will take 10 more years of EXCELLENT numbers before anyone could mention him anywhere NEAR Elway, Favre, Young, Montana, Unitas or Marino......Hey, where was Brady's super-dooper Greatness when Patriots didn't even MAKE it to the playoffs in 2002? I thought so.

Kasay kicking it out of bounds just helped speed the process

What helped speed the process is Panthers' poor time-managing strategy and their field position-screwing penalties. What helped speed the process was Rickey Manning Jr and the strong side safety slipping down every time Brady lobbed an unspectacular pass in a key situation. Finally, what helped speed up the process was that moron kicker kicking it out of bounds and putting Brady just 25 yards from a GW FG range-- considering the game was won with only 5 seconds to go, if the kicker just does his job, Pats lose.

All this Very Brady Greatness! garbage makes me want to root against NE and for Indy and I SO don't want to do that.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You and I think a like.  I knew when the Panthers left New England a minute and then some on the clock that it was over.  Kasay kicking it out of bounds just helped speed the process.

clock management is a lost art in football...i just cant believe how many times i see teams do that...and its such an easy thing to do...just wait to call the time out...how can coaches who spends so much time preparing for games that they actually have to move a bed in their office to sleep there keep missing this part of the game during preperations???...especially when clock management is probably more important than any other aspect of the game

Brady is average at best IMO. He is way overhyped by morons on ESPN like Berman and Salisbury. If I had a defense and O-Line like he did I could probably throw for 400 yards :bang

I'm just sick of everyone talking up Brady. I agree with the above post, where were all the Brady lovers when they didn't make the playoffs last year? Sitting at home like him during the playoffs perhaps? :D

clock management is a lost art in football...i just cant believe how many times i see teams do that...and its such an easy thing to do...just wait to call the time out...how can coaches who spends so much time preparing for games that they actually have to move a bed in their office to sleep there keep missing this part of the game during preperations???...especially when clock management is probably more important than any other aspect of the game

Time management might not mean much when one team is clearly better than the other one....but when two equals meet, time management is EVERYTHING.

And it goes beyond mere Monday morning armchair QB rhetoric....I am talking about HIGHLY paid professionals missing the SIMPLEST of concepts that would be true for any style, in any era.

Brady is average at best IMO.

No, he is most definately a good QB. Solid arm, excellent reads.

But there is a WORLD of a difference between being good and being GREAT. And Brady is not even close to great.... couple of 3-point Superbowl wins or not.

What you morons fail to realize is that when you say Brady is not as talented as other QB's, he just has help, you are only enhancing the Montana comparison. Montana wasn't the most talented QB either, Brady is actually taller with a stronger arm. And you say he has plenty of help, well Montana had some help too. Do the names Roger Craig, Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Dwight Clark, Harris Barton, Jessie Sapuolo, Michael Carter, Charles Haley and Ronnie Lott ring a bell?

You talk about New England's great offensive line, I bet some of you still couldn't even name one player on it.

The bottom line is they both win games like few have in the history of the game, and to ignore that is to do a disservice to your own intelligence. I mean, just because Montana and Bill Walsh agree with the comparison, that shouldn't count for anything because what do they know about football...