Talking Baseball on ESPN 1000 am right now:

CSF

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Levine reported A-Rod and Manny Ramirez trade may not be dead yet.  Same for Mags to Boston deal.

I'm not saying this toward you, but WHO F'IN CARES? I think they have kicked the crap out of that story, will they just please LET IT DIE?!?!

If they trade, great, that means the rest of baseball can get on with their collective lives. If they don't, great, that means the rest of baseball can get on with their collective lives.

I'm not saying this toward you, but WHO F'IN CARES?  I think they have kicked the crap out of that story, will they just please LET IT DIE?!?!

If they trade, great, that means the rest of baseball can get on with their collective lives.  If they don't, great, that means the rest of baseball can get on with their collective lives.

Hey man, I'm just reporting what I'm hearing. Who knows what they plan on doing?

Hey ChiSoxFan, are you still listening? Can u give us update on what has been said specially for our SOX.

Yeah. They're talking to Don Cooper right now. He's hoping Schoenweis steps up and takes one of the remaining starter's spot.

Cooper said that Rauch is healthy and ready to compete.

He also said the Sox have to use the farm system, and cited players like Wing & Honel to succeed. He said they're not in the same mindset as the Yanks, O's or Red Sox.

Finally, he said Cotts simply needs to throw more strikes and he'll be fine.

John Rooney said he was disappointed that the Sox weren't making moves, but he cited the Cubs lack of movement early on, but when they started competing on how more moves were made. He also said he believes a deal will be made before Soxfest.

Hopefully with our inactivity to land 2 starting pitchers, people in our system steps up. We need guys like Willis and Becket of the Marlins to have the same impact. I hope Cotts/Rauch/Diaz can cut it. Its been a while we keep hearing them so we need to see them now in the majors.

John Rooney said he was disappointed that the Sox weren't making moves, but he cited the Cubs lack of movement early on, but when they started competing on how more moves were made.  He also said he believes a deal will be made before Soxfest.

Did he sound excited on his voice when he said we are going to make a move? The division is up for the taking and we arent doing anything. We have the same team and we have lost the division 2 consecutive years now so definitely we need a change.

A caller brought up Damian Moss. Levine said he struggled after he was traded from SF to BAL, so that might be a reason no one has signed him. Rooney said someone will sign him.

Levine also said Colon wasn't interested in the deferred money offered by the Sox.

Did he sound excited on his voice when he said we are going to make a move? The division is up for the taking and we arent doing anything. We have the same team and we have lost the division 2 consecutive years now so definitely we need a change.

He didn't sound resigned, but there was a sense of frustration in his voice. He more or less said that this was the economics of the game, but again said he knew KW was doing all he could and would again try to swing a deal before Soxfest.

Levine was talking about the Cubs payroll (90M+), but then he mentioned, and I quote, "the Sox will be at 63".

So HE says the Sox budget will be 63 million.

John Rooney said he was disappointed that the Sox weren't making moves, but he cited the Cubs lack of movement early on, but when they started competing on how more moves were made.  He also said he believes a deal will be made before Soxfest.

If that supposed "deal" he was talking happens, it would be great for soxfest and fans. That's pretty much what everyone will be talking about and kinda blocking other situations concerning the team (somewhat ;) ) And i'm glad there working with that 63 million budget. thx Chisoxfan. :headbang :cheers