Interesting Rumor

Chisoxfn

Off the top of my head:

I like Bird

I really like Burrel, huge upside.

Rollis is iffy but young and fairly talented

I saw Wolf shut down Cubs COLD, could be a solid 5th starter.

Valentin is making too much money and so is Magglio. Unless the prospect is Reed or Honel, let's do it!!!

Wolf would be da 3rd starter minimum in this rotation, he's one of da best control finesse lefties in da major leagues rite now, plus I think he's still only bout 26. And I would be really excited bout gettin Rollins here as well, I'm sure Ozzie could really make him inot a player if he can increase his OBP and use that speed of his more on da bases.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Israel4ever went to Rogers Elementary school. In regards to Mags being a rent a player for one year, I tend to agree, and that is the reason that I would make this trade as well. If I remember correctly, towards the end of the baseball season, one of the two major newspapers in Chicago mentioned that Mags would be leaving Chicago for San Diego when he becomes a free agent. I don't know what San Diego has to offer the players (baseball wise), but it seems as if many players want to go there. I believe they cited the weather and the Hispanic community. :fthecubs

I'm pretty sure that if, by some minor miracle this deal went through, that Wolf would be the 3rd starter.

I mis-tope-- I meant 4th.

But based on 2001-2003, adjusting for our hitter's park park and offense-heavier AL, Wolf's 4.15 ERA is closer to 4.40+ ERA.....which is Jon Garland land. Judy has to step up just a little and he will beat for #3.

Wolf being called a good #3 is akin to Milton being a good #3 is akin to Ponson being a good #2 is akin to Millwood being an ace.....All are incorrect assumptions.

I mis-tope-- I meant 4th.

But based on 2001-2003, adjusting for our hitter's park park and offense-heavier AL, Wolf's 4.15 ERA is closer to 4.40+ ERA.....which is Jon Garland land.  Judy has to step up just a little and he will beat for #3. 

Wolf being called a good #3 is akin to Milton being a good #3 is akin to Ponson being a good #2 is akin to Millwood being an ace.....All are incorrect assumptions.

Well Wolf did win 16 games last year and in the two years prior to that he had ERA's in the low to mid 3's. He also has some pretty high strikeout numbers for a lefty.

Not to far from me.... Although I never went to mather. I live off of California and Granville.

So, like, you buy food in Aldi and jewelry from Hindu peeps on Devon?

I hear Mather is whack, so I am afraid we have an uneducated DoD agent looking out for our safety. Yikes.

I hear Mather is whack, so I am afraid we have an uneducated DoD agent looking out for our safety. Yikes.

Yah, Mather is a mess.... not as bad as amundsen.. but pretty bad. I go outside the city for highschool.

Ya know.... believe it or not.... we do shop at aldi from time to time. Nice Bargains.

Have you been to the neighborhood lately.... Lincoln Village has totally been renovated... it's not a bad place to live if you dont mind a melting pot of people.

Ya know.... believe it or not.... we do shop at aldi from time to time. Nice Bargains.

Have you been to the neighborhood lately.... Lincoln Village has totally been renovated... it's not a bad place to live if you dont mind a melting pot of people.

Yeah, I hear they close two of the 3 cineplexes over along with the K-Mart a few years back and now off with the Dominks on Pratt.

Melting pot is right. I was one of the "ingredients" myself. :lolhitting