Late Move suprises for SoxFest

Guest wsc425

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rowand is behind schedule according to the MLB boards.

Just because a guy isn't ready for ST doesn't mean he can't be ready for the season.

ST is 6 weeks long....you don't think someone could get back into baseball shape if they played baseball for 6-8 hours a day for 2 weeks(assuming he came back then)?

I'd still go with Rowand as the leading candiate....with only Borchard and Harris competing(unless we signed Cruz Jr or Palmeiro).

If we signed Cruz Jr....would you guys trade Lee, West and Sanders for Jay Gibbons of the Orioles? Maybe give them another decent bat for their lineup instead of West and Sanders from the minors.

Nixon isn't available anymore...he's the Red Sox RFer, Damon's the CFer and Giambi's the LFer....they're decent in the OF.

So we need someone better than Paul......... Delesandro is the answer?

when is the soxfest?

Next friday through sunday. go to whitesox.com for further details.

So we need someone better than Paul......... Delesandro is the answer?

maybe nunez the guy we got in the trade. i don't know, but this i do know, joe b is not ready

right on

Rowand is behind schedule according to the MLB boards.

Just because a guy isn't ready for ST doesn't mean he can't be ready for the season.

ST is 6 weeks long....you don't think someone could get back into baseball shape if they played baseball for 6-8 hours a day for 2 weeks(assuming he came back then)?

I'd still go with Rowand as the leading candiate....with only Borchard and Harris competing(unless we signed Cruz Jr or Palmeiro).

If we signed Cruz Jr....would you guys trade Lee, West and Sanders for Jay Gibbons of the Orioles? Maybe give them another decent bat for their lineup instead of West and Sanders from the minors.

Nixon isn't available anymore...he's the Red Sox RFer, Damon's the CFer and Giambi's the LFer....they're decent in the OF.

Yeah well, how did Thomas play when he got back? Horrible. So remember what we did? We got Canseco.

Yeah well, how did Thomas play when he got back? Horrible. So remember what we did? We got Canseco.

We didn't get Canseco to replace a returning from injury Thomas. We got Canseco to fill the DH hole left by Thomas' injury.

and he did ok, not great.

however do you think big frank will come back like he did before the injury?

We didn't get Canseco to replace a returning from injury Thomas. We got Canseco to fill the DH hole left by Thomas' injury.

and he did ok, not great.

however do you think big frank will come back like he did before the injury?

I have a feeling....... that Frank is gonna tear up the AL this year.

310 35 120

i'd like alex ochoa...just as a backup outfielder..but then we got rios...so forget dat..so i would let borchard start at center if rowands not ready

no way, he is not ready. he is a sp player in the making, lets not ruin him by rushing him.

how about 400 74?

:D

I think that would get Frank his 3rd MVP regardless of what Giambi did -

and it would be way cool!

But that may be a tad bit high.

damn it, cause it would be so cool!

If he hits .400 with 74 dingers... that should get him somewhere around 195 ribbies, wouldn't you think? :lol:

wsc425: I try not to get into it with other fans, but I refuse to sit by & let it go when someone like you slams a White Sox player.

Your comment "piece of crap Rowand" was totally uncalled for as far as I'm concerned. Exactly what provoked you to make such a remark?

Then it looks like you turned around a post or 2 later & said "I like him in CF too". Weren't you speaking about Aaron Rowand then too?

Regardless, I will no longer give credibility to anything you say.

Aaron does tend to be too agressive for his own good at times & should have known better to be dirtbiking if he valued his major league career. I guess that's just part of his gung ho personality. Aaron has probably learned his lesson about being more careful in the off season. I'm hopin' he will be ok & "Ready to Play" come Spring Training.

Aaron Rowand may not be one of the better centerfielders in baseball yet or ever, but he doesn't deserve to be called "piece of crap" either.

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING????

Put me down as a CLee fan.

As baggio has pointed out to his chagrin elsewhere, year in and year out everyone talks of trading him and yet he continues with us, and in my opinion, gets better each year. He had arguably the catch of the year last season. And if we lose him I am afraid of the numbers he will put up. And he beats the scrubs.

I just want him to wear his sunglasses on his face, as opposed to on his cap, during day games at Comiskey.

And he is the only Sox player whose autographed baseball I got who is still on the Sox.