Kerry Campaign in Trouble?

Purdue129

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know how much validity there is behind this, but it'll be interesting to follow:

CAMPAIGN DRAMA ROCKS DEMOCRATS: KERRY FIGHTS OFF MEDIA PROBE OF RECENT ALLEGED INFIDELITY, RIVALS PREDICT RUIN

http://www.drudgereport.com/

Add to that the fact that he was a traitor to his country appearing at the same antiwar protests with the infamous "Hanoi Jane" Fonda and rooting for a communist victory in the war.

Don't know how much validity there is behind this, but it'll be interesting to follow:

CAMPAIGN DRAMA ROCKS DEMOCRATS: KERRY FIGHTS OFF MEDIA PROBE OF RECENT ALLEGED INFIDELITY, RIVALS PREDICT RUIN

http://www.drudgereport.com/

If this is True, that locks up the nomination for edwards. somehow though i don't believe it becuase if Dean knew there is no doubt that he would have used this to his advantage by now. It's just to fishy. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :ph34r:

Story on Viet Nam thing

Please note this in the story:

Kerry, a Massachusetts senator and probable presidential challenger to Bush in November, became a leader of the anti-war movement after returning from Vietnam where he was decorated with a Silver Star, a Bronze Star and three Purple Hearts.

What is treason?  Treason is defined as "providing aid and comfort to the enemy in a time of war".  Isint that punishable by the death penalty?

How in hell is opposing a war (after fighting in it no less) treason when all he did is stand up and speak against it?! :huh: I didn't see anywhere in there that he was handing weapons over to the enemy or telling them secrets or any such thing...

i would say that hanoi jane committed treason because she actually went over to north vietnam and spoke out against the US...thats providing aid and comfort to the enemy..

kerry , although not a favorite of mine did serve his country when called upon and after his service exercised his constituational rights (which he just got through fighting for) to protest the actions of our governemnt...thats far from treasonist activity imo (unless something comes out where he did go to north vietnam or sent them money or something)

According to internet reports (I happened to catch a local talk show guy here that was talking about this), John Kerry has apparantly had an affair with an AP intern that they are trying to cover up.

According to what they were saying on the radio, Kerry asked that this girl go away for a while and she did last year. Apparantly, there's pics, letters, and the whole nine yards.

Another source said that the Gore campaign was looking at Kerry as a running mate in 2000 and they didn't pick him because of this issue and of course Gore wanted to distance himself from this sort of thing because of the "Clinton" image.

Now who the hell knows what will become of this story, but isn't it interesting that all this comes out now that Kerry is so close to wrapping up the nomination?

Here come the "right wing conspiratory" accuisations out of no-where!!

:ph34r:

According to internet reports (I happened to catch a local talk show guy here that was talking about this), John Kerry has apparantly had an affair with an AP intern that they are trying to cover up.

According to what they were saying on the radio, Kerry asked that this girl go away for a while and she did last year.  Apparantly, there's pics, letters, and the whole nine yards.

Another source said that the Gore campaign was looking at Kerry as a running mate in 2000 and they didn't pick him because of this issue and of course Gore wanted to distance himself from this sort of thing because of the "Clinton" image.

Now who the hell knows what will become of this story, but isn't it interesting that all this comes out now that Kerry is so close to wrapping up the nomination?

Here come the "right wing conspiratory" accuisations out of no-where!!

:ph34r:

Yeah, anyone who bears the party affiliation of the jackass is a saint to some of these people around here.

So that makes Kerry an adulterer and a traitor and we havent even hit March yet.

What is treason?  Treason is defined as "providing aid and comfort to the enemy in a time of war".  Isint that punishable by the death penalty?

explain why Nixon's justice department never charged him -

becuase it is bullshiut, Nuke, bullshirt

he dissented big time against the war. Beyond that, this whole treason thing is bulls***.

Ahh, internet reports. I should have known Drudge Report written all over it.

I hate to say it but usually he gets this sort of stuff right.

But having said that, I agree, it's just simply a non issue.

And it wouldn't surprise me if all this does is steamroll Kerry right through because now he'll get sympathy, AND more then that, everyone will talk about this and not the issues. This guy's voting record is insane from what I can tell when I went online and did some research on it.

explain why Nixon's justice department never charged him -

becuase it is bullshiut, Nuke, bullshirt

he dissented big time against the war.  Beyond that, this whole treason thing is bulls***.

Just about the reaction Id expect from such an ardent Democrat. Kerry has more dirt on him than a 5 year old in a mud puddle and you guys cant deal with it.

As did Gephardt (sp?).

I still want to know why this is supposed to be such a threat to his campaign - it's not our business - that is for him and his wife to sort through.

Fan,

This is meant to be in the most nuetral way possible, I promise. But, why should it NOT matter that a person is unethical, immoral, adultrous, etc. when running for POTUS?

Everyone's human, but it gets me when people (I'm not trying to label you, I'm really not but you raise the issue) say "oh, THAT's none of our business". Adultry matters to me in the sense that he can't keep a committment to those who are closest to him, why would he keep any sort of committment while in office?

And to those that will use this as a vice against GW, I agree. This is a two way street. Choices of a personal nature like this matter, or at least they should, when you decide that you want to lead the most powerful country in the world. So if GW did crack, committed adultry, etc. I'd say the same thing. But let me make one HUGE distinction here. Whenever something like this comes out from Democratic circles, they spin it like there's no tomorrow by saying just what you say. It's just SEX, it doesn't matter. Well, I guess Republicans do too but not as much as Dems do that I have seen.

Our countries moral's have been so degraded and we've all been so desensitized. And it sucks. Our judgement, collectively, will come. I for one hope I'm not around to see it.