Money shake down for A-Rod trade

Mr. Showtime

From the AP:

Texas will wind up paying $140 million for three seasons with Rodriguez. The Yankees will owe him $112 million for seven years.

Under the deal, the Yankees pay Rodriguez $15 million in each of the next three seasons, $16 million each in 2007 and 2008, $17 million in 2009 and $18 million in 2010, according to contract information obtained by the AP from player and management sources.

In each of the first four years, $1 million will be deferred without interest, to be paid in 2011.

Texas will pay $43 million of Rodriguez's salary over the remaining seven years: $3 million in 2004, $6 million each in 2005 and 2006, $7 million in 2007, $8 million in 2009 and $6 million in 2010. In addition, the Rangers will pay the $24 million remaining in deferred money from the original contract, with the interest rate lowered from 3 percent to 2 percent.

All the deferred money owed by Texas -- $36 million including salaries from 2001-03 -- will be lumped with the original $10 million signing bonus, of which $4 million is still owed. The payout schedule will be pushed back to 2016-2025 from 2011-20.

In exchange for the alternations, which devalue the contract slightly, Rodriguez will receive a hotel suite on road trips and have the right to link his Web site to the Yankees' site.

f***ing Payrod. This guy is Exhibit A for everything thats wrong with baseball today. I dont care how many homeruns and RBI he has, no man is worth that much money for his services. He can take his hotel suites and his websites and his s*** attitude and go f*** himself.

:fyou Payrod

f***ing Payrod.  This guy is Exhibit A for everything thats wrong with baseball today.  I dont care how many homeruns and RBI he has, no man is worth that much money for his services.  He can take his hotel suites and his websites and his s*** attitude and go f*** himself.

would you turn down 252 million to play baseball???

f***ing Payrod.  This guy is Exhibit A for everything thats wrong with baseball today.  I dont care how many homeruns and RBI he has, no man is worth that much money for his services.  He can take his hotel suites and his websites and his s*** attitude and go f*** himself.

if he has a good enough agent and someone is dumb enough to pay him that much why not??? it's not his fault that Hicks is an idiot and signed him to that contract, i can't speak for anyone else here, but i sure don't think any of us would ever turn down that kind of money

if he has a good enough agent and someone is dumb enough to pay him that much why not??? it's not his fault that Hicks is an idiot and signed him to that contract, i can't speak for anyone else here, but i sure don't think any of us would ever turn down that kind of money

I would... :D

From the AP:

Hell, I would take on ARod for $112 over 7 years. That's $16 mill a year, and while that is a lot, it would be worth it.

Why the hell didn't Kenny Williams get on the phone...say we'll take ARod....take Maggs, have Jon Garland, make us pay only $112 mill over 7 years, and hell, we'll even include a prospect or two, and you have yourself a deal.

Obviously it is just wishful thinking, but thinking none the less. :)