KW

Jim Fainter

I hope it runs out soon.

But to be fair, if we are improved this year, maybe he's not a complete zero.

He did add a lot of pieces that right now in the winter look reasonable.

He has a lot of making up to do, however. In my opinion at least.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Does anyone know the length of Kenny's contract?

Do GM's even sign contracts? Isn't it their position until resignation, retirement, or termination? :huh:

gm's do not have a contract which says your here till such and such time and then we can renegoitate or your outta here or whatever.... kw is here untill, 1. jr gets tired of him and ships him out, 2. he falls off the face of the earth or soxfans run him out of town which ever comes first, 3. untill kw decided that hes done and will be better off elsewhere....... so basically what killa said....r, r or t...........of course jr can always make kw take a salary cut.....lol ... but thats wishful thinking..........

in todays trib, jan 30, i saw an article about kw.

>>>> Land another lefty? Williams has been in touch with the agents for veterans Chuck Finley and Kenny Rogers, but both are believed to be too rich for the Sox's blood

i will give him credit and if they are too much then i agree with him on this one.

in the same article they mention that kw will give josh stewart a chance to beat out rauch as the 5 th starter.

in todays trib, jan 30, i saw an article about kw.

>>>> Land another lefty? Williams has been in touch with the agents for veterans Chuck Finley and Kenny Rogers, but both are believed to be too rich for the Sox's blood

i will give him credit and if they are too much then i agree with him on this one.

in the same article they mention that kw will give josh stewart a chance to beat out rauch as the 5 th starter.

how much can be too much???....no one else is gonna pay these guys more than a few million...is 2 or 3 million more to the payroll too much if it could mean the difference between first and second??...could imagine finley or rogers in the 5th spot??...

KW could also entice them with a performance based laden contract...offer 400k with a huge upside of a couple million more than any team will offer them...if both thee guys are stil confident in their abilities they would take that kind of deal to get the big bucks in a buyers market...and if they arnt..then we dont want them..means they have realized they are done and are looking for one more payday...

but if KW is sure either of these guys still has it...he should get one

Guest hotsoxchick1

the thought of finley here scares me.. espically if he gets back with that whacko.. i dont want to be sitting anywhere near her and her temper......lol....sorry had to put that little dig in there......honestly though i dont want either here... what have they got left? i still think kw should have gone after suppan when he had the chance........he would have been a better fit here..........

the thought of finley here scares me.. espically if he gets back with that whacko.. i dont want to be sitting anywhere near her and her temper......lol....sorry had to put that little dig in there......honestly though i dont want either here... what have they got left? i still think kw should have gone after suppan when he had the chance........he would have been a better fit here..........

thats true...suppan was my pick too...but if these guys have something left in the tank they bring something of value...experience in pennant races and the playoffs...both these guys , if they are team type players , not sure on either , could be a good influence on buehrle as he takes the next step towards superstar status...

its these types of decisions that will make or break KW...not the colon type deals...and as far as free agents go the 5th spot is the only one we have left...any other position if we signed a free agent to fill we would have to cut someone who's gaurenteed a major league contract..

I may be wrong about this, but I think Rauch will be better than Finley or Suppan this year, and just might give Rogers a run for his money.

if we going with rauch i hope so..if he didnt tear up his shoulder i wouldnt be so worried...he looked good at the end of last season but one thing ive noticed about guys coming back from surgery is they get in streaks where they are their old self but then just as quick lose it for while...they get very inconsistent...how many pitchers coming from arm surgery, shoulder or elbow, actually get back 100%???..especially when they are that young and their arms arnt fully developed when the injury occurs..

Guest hotsoxchick1
I may be wrong about this, but I think Rauch will be better than Finley or Suppan this year, and just might give Rogers a run for his money.

hey ill be happy if "my sicence project"/rauch can throw the ball the way he did before he had surgery... as i recall last season he was still struggling a bit......i want him back 100%.....or as close to it as he can get.....

Baggs, Curt Schilling is one guy that comes to my mind about coming back from a previous surgery. Of course he was fully developed at the time. Eric Gagne seems to of done pretty good recovering from his very early surgery that occured in the minors.

As far as Finley goes, there is now one thing that scares the heck out of me about him and thats what kind of an influence he would be in the clubhouse. I don't know if this is true, as its from his ex wife, but I was reading a magazine and they were interviewing her about the whole incident.

First she said Finley gets high before every start and that he's been taking steroids for quite some time. Secondly, she said Finley hit her first and was very abusive.

Don't know what to believe, cause I never heard bad things about Finley and you know after that previous incident that she'd be mad.

I like Finley a lot as a pitcher, and being that I'm near Anaheim, where Finley pitched for almost his entire career and I've never heard one person say a bad thing about him.