Wood signed

BrandoFan

Wood won 14 games last year, and Buehrle won 14 games last year. 

Wood is a great "power" pitcher, but he has an iffy arm and an iffy back.  He's literally one pitch away from ending his career, and true - you can say that about ANY pitcher, but if someone is going to blow their arm out on any given pitch, I would definitately lean towards Wood over MB.

I think he has a very good chance of pullin a Chan Ho Park and missing long parts of seasons.

It was obvious that Prior was a 1st-ballot HOF'er in the making and I told you as much last off-season.  Injuries can always derail one's career, so I figured that much was assumed.   

That's still not obvious. Prior still has not had even one 20-win season. There are a lot of guys whose stats are of HOF quality who can't even get in period. To say at this very early stage that Prior is "1st-ballot HOFer" is ridiculous.

That's still not obvious.  Prior still has not had even one 20-win season.  There are a lot of guys whose stats are of HOF quality who can't even get in period.  To say at this very early stage that Prior is "1st-ballot HOFer" is ridiculous.

True.

You have to perform for a long time at a high level to earn that tag.

But to say he has "First Ballot HOF POTENTIAL" is not ridiculous at all.

Fact is, that team is setting themselves up to be very good for an extended period of time, and if he stays healthy, Prior will have more than a couple 20-win seasons and will continue to be seen as one of the game's premier pitchers.