Why I didn't renew my tickets this year.

southsider2k5

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys complained forever about how the $58 Mil. payroll was inusfficinet, so they raised the payroll but also had to raise ticket prices and parking fees to pay for it.  If you find the increases too much, then stop complaining about the payroll.

Owners who get into pro sports and take a vow of poverty to get the best team on the field at the lowest prices, exist only in fan fantasies. 

Next time any of you get the notion about posting about how Reinsdorf should sell the team to an "owner who will spend," better hesitate because any new owner who spends a lot more than what Reinsdorf did will also raises prices a lot more than Reinsdorf did too.

oh please....you can get bleacher seats at yankee stadium for 8 dollars in advance..10 dollars on game day

ill sneek in my own shooter bottles then..save even more money :lol:

:headbang :cheers

Being serious here.. they really do not allow drinking in the bleachers. When we went in '02 we almost got kicked out of the park for accidentally walking past the "no alcohol beyond this point" signs. They are crazy strict out there...

dude steff that one "according to my calculations, I own you" picture was hilarious man.  :lolhitting

I wish I could take the credit.. but Mikster passed it along to me. Laughed for about 15 minutes when I first saw it... :lol:

Well last year, ticket prices were the same for weekend, weekday and this year there's $5 added to weekend games and $5 added to each Cub/Sox game. The Sox are doing what the Cubs, Yankees and several other teams by charging more for the most popular dates. Although some of the upper deck seats are now cheaper than they were last year.

Well last year,  ticket prices were the same for weekend, weekday and this year there's $5 added to weekend games and $5 added to each Cub/Sox game.  The Sox are doing what the Cubs, Yankees and several other teams by charging more for the most popular dates.  Although some of the upper deck seats are now cheaper than they were last year.

Actually it's $4 more.. and an additional $5 for the 6-25, 26, and 6-27 games. So a weekday LBR is $24 on weekdays, $28 on weekends, and $33 for the Cubs/Sox games.

Good stuff...all I know is with all things considered, it's still a good deal compared to the north side. I intend to hit as many games as possible in the comfortable stadium.

As far as parking goes, historically it's been a steal there, considering they actually have it and how good it is. 15 seems right on to me. Having the misfortune of being brought up with the other team, I've always felt a little guilty knowing I had parking available so cheaply, thinking of it as a sort of "guilty pleasure" thrown in that I shouldn't have, but damn glad it was.

Parking was $14 last yr, I expected them to round it off to $15 but why add the extra $1? The attendants are going to have to start with a big wad of singles.

Yea the outer sections of the UD are less during the weekdays but they don't sell any of those except for a few half priced nights and btw there's only 4 half priced Monday games this yr.

Parking was $14 last yr, I expected them to round it off to $15 but why add the extra $1? The attendants are going to have to start with a big wad of singles.

Yea the outer sections of the UD are less during the weekdays but they don't sell any of those except for a few half priced nights and btw there's only 4 half priced Monday games this yr.

parking has been $25 at Comerica ever time I have gone

often in going to USCF I take the el - park and ride -

As I said last fall when they started removing seats, fewer seats meant higher costs.

the lost revenue has to be made up somehwere (and how long will it take someone to say "no one sat up there anyway" which is bull but I digress...)

cw, I submit to you that less seats will actually turn into more revenue for the Sox, not the opposite. It is somewhat of a backward theory, but in sports it works. The less supply, the more demand goes up. It may take time, and some crappy teams on the field will make it more difficult, but dynamics change when demand goes down.

I must admit, I'm not real crazy about the boost in prices either. I have a huge mortgage, and am just a factory laborer, but regardless of prices, I figure it this way, I get to go see and root for a team that I have enjoyed and built memories around for 40+ years. The excitement and anticipation never fades when it's game day that I'm going to. Not only that, but to enjoy all the surrounding fans and having a great time with them as well. It's like a 4 hour vacation 9 times per year! Do I have a lot of money??? Heck no! But when some is available, to me, my White Sox are worth spending it on. Read my sig. It just builds and gets better and grows as time goes on!!

Demand is independant of supply, but I get what you're saying.

I don't think it would really apply unless they were selling out.

I won't get into an economics debate here, but I assure you, supply and demand are certainly related when supply is not infinite.

The premise is, the lower the supply, the easier it is to work toward sellouts. I won't get too windy here, but a good read is John Spoelstra's book called "How to Sell the Last Seat in the House".