Hilarious Ozzie Interview

greasywheels121

I'm really happy with the way things are going so far...  The way this camp is being run reminds me a lot of the movie "little big league"... where everybody's just having fun and kicking ass at the same time.  i dunno, im really suddenly looking foreward to the season.  I think were gonna surprise some people

:lolhitting That's an awesome movie.

And I agree with you totally. I've said this before, this team will do GREAT in the underdog role, that's ozzie's specialty. I'm expecting nothing less than a division championship this year.

:lolhitting That's an awesome movie.

And I agree with you totally.  I've said this before, this team will do GREAT in the underdog role, that's ozzie's specialty.  I'm expecting nothing less than a division championship this year.

same here. I'm very happy with the team we have although we may have some shaky points i think things will shape up to be fine. a division title seems very realistic for us this year.

i mean, im still worried about up the middle with these younger guys, but i really think that ozzie will get them in shape. The problem with manuel is that i think the younger guys never really felt comfortable up here. Ozzie's a lot more personable and wont put as much pressure on the kids and i think it'll pay off

i mean, im still worried about up the middle with these younger guys, but i really think that ozzie will get them in shape.  The problem with manuel is that i think the younger guys never really felt comfortable up here.  Ozzie's a lot more personable and wont put as much pressure on the kids and i think it'll pay off

ya oz man will make the kids feel a little more comfortable when there playing. i think team chemistry will be better this year too.

i mean, im still worried about up the middle with these younger guys, but i really think that ozzie will get them in shape.  The problem with manuel is that i think the younger guys never really felt comfortable up here.  Ozzie's a lot more personable and wont put as much pressure on the kids and i think it'll pay off

The only one I'm worried about is Willie Harris. Rowand shown me enough that I think he'll be a real asset. Olivo just needs to keep progressing with the bat. He'll be more comfortable this year.

Dusty's good at managing people, but BAD at managing baseball!

He's THE reason why the (f***ing) cubs didn't make the Series last year, AND the reason why the Giants never won the "big one". He get's outmanaged, plain and simple.

Don't be like the "Cubune" and make Dusty out to be "Black Jesus"! He's like Gene Keady (at Purdue)...very good, up to a point (can't win when it counts!)

:headshake :headshake :headshake

You never get it, do you?

Without Alex Gonzalez's stone hands, the Cubs are in the World Series.

Without Rob Nen blowing a huge save, the Giants win the World Series.

Dusty Baker can't pitch for these guys, and he can't field...he can only make the decisions to put them in the game and for pitchers, when to put them in the game. He made NO mistakes in either the 2002 World Series or the 2003 NLCS. His players, on the other hand, did and it cost him probably two World Series rings.

:headshake  :headshake  :headshake

You never get it, do you? 

Without Alex Gonzalez's stone hands, the Cubs are in the World Series.

Without Rob Nen blowing a huge save, the Giants win the World Series.

Dusty Baker can't pitch for these guys, and he can't field...he can only make the decisions to put them in the game and for pitchers, when to put them in the game.  He made NO mistakes in either the 2002 World Series or the 2003 NLCS.  His players, on the other hand, did and it cost him probably two World Series rings.

Not using Clement and/or Zambrano out of the pen wasn't a big mistake???

When you manage in the playoffs, you have to manage every game like it's Game 7! (i.e. Marlins using Dontrelle Willis out of the Pen!)

Jack McKeon did, Dusty didn't, Jack won the Series, Dusty went home!!!

Not using Clement and/or Zambrano out of the pen wasn't a big mistake???

When you manage in the playoffs, you have to manage every game like it's Game 7! (i.e. Marlins using Dontrelle Willis out of the Pen!)

No it wasn't a big mistake. Prior had thrown 7 shutout innings, and would have thrown an 8th shutout inning, had Gonzalez made the play.

The obvious problem with managing like that is that every game is NOT game 7 until you are 1 game away from being eliminated. If, for example, the White Sox played the Astros in the World Series, you would not see Esteban Loaiza and Mark Buehrle both pitching for the White Sox in game 1 as well as you not seeing Andy Pettitte and Roger Clemens both pitching in game 1.

Jack McKeon managed every game from game 5 on like it was game 7 because it was in fact game 7 for the Marlins, with this game 7 meaning do or die time for them. This was not true with the Cubs.

The main point is that the Marlins were extremely lucky that they won the World Series. It was not Dusty's fault that the Giants did not win it all in 2002, and it is not his fault the Cubs did not go to the World Series in 2003. If you can't understand that, then you must have a problem understanding a lot of other things as well.

No it wasn't a big mistake.  Prior had thrown 7 shutout innings, and would have thrown an 8th shutout inning, had Gonzalez made the play.

The obvious problem with managing like that is that every game is NOT game 7 until you are 1 game away from being eliminated.  If, for example, the White Sox played the Astros in the World Series, you would not see Esteban Loaiza and Mark Buehrle both pitching for the White Sox in game 1 as well as you not seeing Andy Pettitte and Roger Clemens both pitching in game 1.

Jack McKeon managed every game from game 5 on like it was game 7 because it was in fact game 7 for the Marlins, with this game 7 meaning do or die time for them.  This was not true with the Cubs.

The main point is that the Marlins were extremely lucky that they won the World Series.  It was not Dusty's fault that the Giants did not win it all in 2002, and it is not his fault the Cubs did not go to the World Series in 2003.  If you can't understand that, then you must have a problem understanding a lot of other things as well.

Dude:

When you are in a "do or die" situation like the ScRubs were in Games 6 and 7, you pull out all the stops!

Were they saving Clement and Zambrano so they could have started Games 8 and 9???

After the Bartman situation and A-Gon's error, "Cy" Prior was rattled, and needed to come out! The best pitcher available at that time was Matt Clement! But, Dusty didn't have the "smarts" to even consider it...BALLGAME!!!

Clement stated in an interview this past week that he (still) doesn't know why he wasn't brought in in either Game 6 and/or 7. Additionally, when asked about why he didn't put in Matt or Carlos, Dusty declined to comment!

Dusty got outmanaged...Cubs Lose! Cubs Lose! Cubs Lose!

:fthecubs