Not all Sox happy

LDF

One thing bugs me, and it is about one of Manuel's decisions...why in the hell is he going to throw Colon on opening day? I want Buehrle to pitch then...not Colon. Buehrle's earned it over the last 3 years. Does Manuel not understand that without Buehrle, we wouldn't be where we are?

One thing bugs me, and it is about one of Manuel's decisions...why in the hell is he going to throw Colon on opening day?  I want Buehrle to pitch then...not Colon.  Buehrle's earned it over the last 3 years.  Does Manuel not understand that without Buehrle, we wouldn't be where we are?

buehrle said today on stage that he went to manuel and assured him that starting colon opening day was fine with him..that he considers colon an ace type pither and he is not one...said he didnt care if jerry put him in the 5th starters spot...whatever is best for the team is fine with him...

buehrle said today on stage that he went to manuel and assured him that starting colon opening day was fine with him..that he considers colon an ace type pither and he is not one...said he didnt care if jerry put him in the 5th starters spot...whatever is best for the team is fine with him...

I hope that statement will prove to Buehrle's detractors that he is a class act and a team player.

I think Mark is a very confident pitcher, just doesn't want to start something in the clubhouse. Also, I think the Sox are very serious at picking up another starter or going with possibly Josh Stewart and carrying 2 lefties in the starting rotation, and if they do that, then Buerhle would have to be the 2, cause JM doesn't want to throw 2 lefties back to back.

I think Mark is a very confident pitcher, just doesn't want to start something in the clubhouse.  Also, I think the Sox are very serious at picking up another starter or going with possibly Josh Stewart and carrying 2 lefties in the starting rotation, and if they do that, then Buerhle would have to be the 2, cause JM doesn't want to throw 2 lefties back to back.

opening day is for the best pitcher and in this case, i think it is colon

I think Mark is a very confident pitcher, just doesn't want to start something in the clubhouse.  Also, I think the Sox are very serious at picking up another starter or going with possibly Josh Stewart and carrying 2 lefties in the starting rotation, and if they do that, then Buerhle would have to be the 2, cause JM doesn't want to throw 2 lefties back to back.

thanks for bringing tht up...someone asked about finley or rogers for the 5th spot....KW said that he is pretty tapped out ( i thought that was kinda funny after the ox just picked up 68 million) and unless either of those guys wanted to come here for the league minimum it wasnt gonna happen

I hope that statement will prove to Buehrle's detractors that he is a class act and a team player.

The only detractor I know of is OldRoman :D

Still, i don't like the attitude of "I've always said that I wasn't an ace", he should think of himself as an ace, since he's a damn good one.

Buehrle's contrite..... always has been. His bro said that MB thinks he stunk up the place when he throws a 4-hit CGSO because the opposition got 4 hits. Buehrle is not cocky or arrogant. Buehrle is a class act who wants what's best for the team.

I agree.

Let MB say what he wants. He's been great and is a team player.

It would be nice for Colon to start and dominate on opening day, but all in all, I agree

Mark B deserves it.

We should reward our ace and make Colon earn his Sox stripes.

Think about it.

Mark B has been here; Colon has not.

Honestly, I think this is going to be the Jack McDowell saga all over again, except this time, playing the role of Jerry Reinsdorf: Kenny Williams. Buerhle is an excellent pitcher, & I know about 30 some odd teams that would take him in a heartbeat. Let's get him signed so he can continue throwing on the South Side!

It looks more and more likely that it will be Colon starting on opening day cause the Sox have a great shot at landing Kenny Rogers, and Manuel wants to split up the lefties.

Think of it this way. Rogers is a soft tosser with a ton of experience, I think he could teach Buerhle a bit more things. He also has good numbers against the Twins and teams that face Rogers and Colon will see soft tosser that mixes pitches and then Colon the guy with gas. Then if they also face Buerhle, you go to a lefty that also throws softer, but has different pitches.