Preston Wilson

MurcieOne

What would you guys think of acquiring Preston Wilson, and throwing him in center field.

I know he strikes out alot...... but I think he plays a great centerfield...... can steal 30 bases....... drive in 90+ and hit 25+ hr's

I know that he's available, and with CLee on his way out after this year, and Joe B on his way in....... I figure why not?

This way you can put PWIL in center......Maggs in Left........ and Joe B in right where that cannon be truly utilized.

What would you guys think of acquiring Preston Wilson, and throwing him in center field.

I know he strikes out alot...... but I think he plays a great centerfield...... can steal 30 bases....... drive in 90+ and hit 25+ hr's

I know that he's available, and with CLee on his way out after this year, and Joe B on his way in....... I figure why not?

This way you can put PWIL in center......Maggs in Left........ and Joe B in right where that cannon be truly utilized.

I like it, and if we can get Castillo from them too, that would be sweet.

If we got Beltran from KC it would be good also. It goes either way.

I've got news for you.  Preston Wilson is on the Colorado Rockies.  Luis Castillo will NOT come with him.

I do love the idea of him in our outfield, though.

I forgot about that Hampton Deal....... I was looking at CBSSPORTSLINE.... they still have him listed as a marlin

Both Hampton and CJ had trade clauses....Hampton waived his immediately without thinking, I presume, to get out of that hell hole that is Colorado, but CJ apparently had family in the FLA area or something like that...and he didn't waive his no-trade clause. But after thinking it over, he did finally waive his no-trade clause.

If we could get him for next to nothing, and not give up much in return, I'd make the deal....but he'd only be a stopgap for Reed or Webster.

Hell, if we had to give up Lee....I'd actually have to think hard about it. Wilson is due over $10 mill a year for the next two years and Lee will make $4.2 this year and what not else next year....and Lee's bat is better than Wilson....however, Wilson is faster, is a better baserunner(stating the obvious), better defensive(stating the obvious) and has a better arm.

In the end....I'd have to say no....we don't need another frickin right-handed hitter in our lineup....give KC 5 prospects for Beltran...hell, the 5 prospects can even be somewhat decent(decent being a guy like Josh Stewart or someone like that and on down....no Malone's or Borchard's or Honel's....those are players we should not give up at all for whoever)

Mags in left, Preston in center, Borchard in right. Quite possibly could be the most dominant OF in baseball. If that could happen, we could run the table. And yes, I'll be more than happy to take Preston's happy K swing to go with that power & defense.

Don't forget the thirty steals he gives.  Speed on the bases is very nice.

How could I forget. Between the 3 of them, you have your 5 tool players out there. Wish we could swing that trade. That would really make the boys in New York pissed!

Just as long as it doesn't come out of my wallet.

Let's just sit back for a second and think about what it would be like if the Sox were one of the team's who routinely had a $100 million payroll.

If that were the case, I'd still try to find a better way to spend the money, say Vladdy. He's a free agent at the end of the season.

I'll take Carlos Beltran in center over Wilson.  Beltran is awesome.

Beltran will want the same type of money Wilson got, and the Sox's wouldn't dish that kinda of money out. According to the Sox's budget there financially strapped, so it's extremely unlikely they'll even consider trading for a high price outfielder. Signing Colon should be there top priority, we have enough young OF's for now.