KW making another trade?

Cerbaho-WG

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sporting News Radio is reporting a rumor, that the Sox would deal Jon Rauch and Jose Valentin to Philadelphia for Jimmy Rollins.

Discuss, and remember, 'TIS A RUMOR PEOPLE!

I'd like that trade if it were Jose for J-RO straight up.

I like the idea of batting him first then D'Lo

I dunno......we'll see.

The Sporting News Radio is reporting a rumor, that the Sox would deal Jon Rauch and Jose Valentin to Philadelphia for Jimmy Rollins.

Rollins is a great player but giving up a potential ace in Rauch is not worth it. Signing Rogers wont change my mind either. Rogers has maybe a year or two left while Rauch could be our ace for the next ten. How bout, Dan Wright and Val for Rollins?

You gotta like Rollins....the kid's only 24 with a tremendous amount of upside...can steal bases (46 last year only caught 8 times)...walked a respectible 55 times and can still hit with some power (15 dingers)...hits from both sides pretty evenly and can throw the leather as well (.980 last year with only 14 errors)..the question is: is he worth Jose and Rauch?.....all depends on Rauch's potential....we know what Jose can do and if I were the Phils, I wouldn't do that deal straight up....no way....but would the sox be willing to give up on someone who can potentially get you 20 wins a season....it could be another chance for KW to ship one of our babies to PA just to watch them grow up and be the goods.....we just might be giving them too much.....

If we sign Rogers I'd do this trade. I'd hesitate, but I'd do it. I love Rollins. With him we get a legit shortstop and then have Jimenez at 2nd. Our infield would be young, fast and talented as would the top of our order.

Jimmy has insane speed and will make the Sox so much more exciting at the top of the lineup. Oh ya, this deal would be one I'd do, although I'd love getting them to take someone like Malone or Stewart instead.

Could this really be true?

I see why the Sox would do it. They get a infielder of the future and present that gives them a legit leadoff hitter and then with Jimenez in the 2 hole the Sox also have a more legit 2 hitter. They also save 4 mill or so this year, meaning they could afford bringing in Kenny Rogers.

I'd absolutely drool over this deal if we gave up someone other then Rauch, either way I like it though, because I think it makes us a way better team this year and with all the depth we have in the minors, we could lose a pitcher and be alright.

Then again, Rollins is young and should only get better but hes proved what he can do, unlike Rauch. But I do believe anyhow that Rauch will be good. So how do you measure talent? With our killer offense I think the only weaknesses we should concentrate on CF and C. So Im sticking with what I said. Theres just no point in switching shortstops (even tho they are of a different genre, one is power and one is contact and speed) and losing a potential ace in the process.

Sign Rogers, give Rauch one more year (but come to think of it hes 24 so he should be here this year) and leave the rest of the team alone. Unless we get a CF, which I dont think we need drastically...

Then again, Rollins is young and should only get better but hes proved what he can do, unlike Rauch. But I do believe anyhow that Rauch will be good. So how do you measure talent? With our killer offense I think the only weaknesses we should concentrate on CF and C. So Im sticking with what I said. Theres just no point in switching shortstops (even tho they are of a different genre, one is power and one is contact and speed) and losing a potential ace in the process.

Sign Rogers, give Rauch one more year (but come to think of it hes 24 so he should be here this year) and leave the rest of the team alone. Unless we get a CF, which I dont think we need drastically...

The biggest reason I want Rollins is it answers what may be my biggest fear, the lack of a real good leadoff hitter, one thats proven himself. It also gets Manos out of Chicago, something I can't complain about and opens up our infield. The defense will be much much better, making the pitching staff better.

I do love Rauch though. It could turn out bad for the Sox, but I do think Rollins is one of the best shortstops in baseball and he should only get better.

The biggest reason I want Rollins is it answers what may be my biggest fear, the lack of a real good leadoff hitter, one thats proven himself. It also gets Manos out of Chicago, something I can't complain about and opens up our infield. The defense will be much much better, making the pitching staff better.

I do love Rauch though. It could turn out bad for the Sox, but I do think Rollins is one of the best shortstops in baseball and he should only get better.

I think Jiminez should do fine in that role but insurance is never a bad thing to have. I just would rather not have it at that price...

Rollins isn't insurance. He's simply one of the better leadoff hitters in the majors. Jimenez hasn't proven a thing yet, and its tough not knowing what your leadoff hitter can do. I think we all learned this year how important a leadoff hitter is. When Lofton was struggling the team stunk. Then Jimenez arrived and played really good, but he's never proven a thing over a full season.

Plus, a top of the lineup with Rollins and Jimenez would be one of the best in baseball, which would be really good for one of the best middle of the orders in the majors.

Then the Sox could just let Borchard come up for good or put Harris in the 9 hole adding even more speed. Either way, it really completes the lineup.

I would definately miss Rauch though. I'd much rather find a way to give them another prospect.

If we sign Rogers, then look for this deal to go down though. Or if this deal goes down first, then look for the Sox to add Rogers.

Rollins isn't insurance.  He's simply one of the better leadoff hitters in the majors.  Jimenez hasn't proven a thing yet, and its tough not knowing what your leadoff hitter can do.  I think we all learned this year how important a leadoff hitter is.  When Lofton was struggling the team stunk.  Then Jimenez arrived and played really good, but he's never proven a thing over a full season. 

Plus, a top of the lineup with Rollins and Jimenez would be one of the best in baseball, which would be really good for one of the best middle of the orders in the majors. 

Then the Sox could just let Borchard come up for good or put Harris in the 9 hole adding even more speed.  Either way, it really completes the lineup. 

I would definately miss Rauch though.  I'd much rather find a way to give them another prospect. 

If we sign Rogers, then look for this deal to go down though.  Or if this deal goes down first, then look for the Sox to add Rogers.

If it was Wright and Val I would say sure but I dont like this trade. Were givin up too much...

I'm changing my tune a bit. Either we do this for Stewart and Jose or Jose and Ginter or something along those lines or the Sox don't do it at all.

Rollins numbers have went down and he wasn't too hot last year. He's still got loads of potential, but his obp is very low. I like the fact that he walks, but he also strikes out a lot.

This guy isn't already there; he still has a ton of room to grow. I'd be pissed if we dealt Rauch for him. I wouldn't deal Rauch straight up for Rollins.

Rollins isn't insurance.  He's simply one of the better leadoff hitters in the majors.  Jimenez hasn't proven a thing yet, and its tough not knowing what your leadoff hitter can do.  I think we all learned this year how important a leadoff hitter is.  When Lofton was struggling the team stunk.  Then Jimenez arrived and played really good, but he's never proven a thing over a full season.  

Then the Sox could just let Borchard come up for good or put Harris in the 9 hole adding even more speed.  Either way, it really completes the lineup.  

I would definately miss Rauch though.  I'd much rather find a way to give them another prospect.  

If we sign Rogers, then look for this deal to go down though.  Or if this deal goes down first, then look for the Sox to add Rogers.

If it was Wright and Val I would say sure but I dont like this trade. Were givin up too much...

I wouldn't even do that. Boy have I changed my tune quickly.

Now if they want to do Jose, Rauch, and Stewart for Rollins and Brett Myers, we got a deal. :D

Rollins isn't insurance.  He's simply one of the better leadoff hitters in the majors.  Jimenez hasn't proven a thing yet, and its tough not knowing what your leadoff hitter can do.  I think we all learned this year how important a leadoff hitter is.  When Lofton was struggling the team stunk.  Then Jimenez arrived and played really good, but he's never proven a thing over a full season.  

Then the Sox could just let Borchard come up for good or put Harris in the 9 hole adding even more speed.  Either way, it really completes the lineup.  

I would definately miss Rauch though.  I'd much rather find a way to give them another prospect.  

If we sign Rogers, then look for this deal to go down though.  Or if this deal goes down first, then look for the Sox to add Rogers.

I wouldn't even do that. Boy have I changed my tune quickly.

Now if they want to do Jose, Rauch, and Stewart for Rollins and Brett Myers, we got a deal. :D

Depends. Gimme more info on Myers. I know hes a decent pitching prospect but is he worth Rauch? All I want is Rogers and a CF. Nothing more. We dont want to get another Royce Clayton and screw ourselves over for the next two years...

Myers is considered by many the best pitching prospect in the majors.

No way the Phils would do it, it would make me happy though.

Heres my deal. Manos, and Sanders or Stewart for Rollins.

They can take it or leave it. If they would rather have Hummell, then make it Manos and Hummel for him.

No way do we give up one of our top pitching prospects.

Especially when you think that in a year, we may not have Colon and we definately won't have Rogers. Then you have just 3 guys again. You would have Rauch ready to step in, and then would be looking at using either Stewart if he's still here or someone like Malone or maybe even Honel or Diaz, etc.

I do think we'll be bringing Colon back though.

It would be nice to have a good middle infield defense. But how good is Rollins defensively?

I dont think we need to give Rauch to get Rollins, throw in some other prospect. He hit 11 HRs with .245 avg. I havent seen much of Rollins but is he going to be a real great upgrade in our SS position defensively?

It would be nice to have a good middle infield defense. But how good is Rollins defensively?

I dont think we need to give Rauch to get Rollins, throw in some other prospect. He hit 11 HRs with .245 avg.  I havent seen much of Rollins but is he going to be a real great upgrade in our SS position defensively?

Yeah he is......... he's got a nasty gun, and he can actually hit the firstbaseman's mit when he throws. He's got hella lot of range, and unlike Jose he can make the routine plays as well.

I dont think we need to give Rauch to get Rollins, throw in some other prospect. He hit 11 HRs with .245 avg.  I havent seen much of Rollins but is he going to be a real great upgrade in our SS position defensively?

he only hit 245??? :o :o how many steals?

I dont think we need to give Rauch to get Rollins

KW giving more than what a player is worth to obtain another team's player has become somewhat of a calling card of KW in his trades. I think JV and JR are too much for Rollins but it would fit into what KW has done in the past.