For all of you Ozzie Haters

CWSGuy406

First of all, to end all this "Koch is our closer, stick with him" stuff, Guillen commented that "while Koch is my closer, I will put other pitchers in to close out games for me if I need to."

That being said..

From what I could, Ozzie made no mistakes at all yesterday. He brought in a reliever to get out of a jam when his starter was out of gas. He brought in Koch when Politte was done. He played the numbers correctly and brought in Marte to face the lefty Stairs(who destroys RHP, but is awful against lefties) which was then countered by Pena's move to send Lopez up there. Lopez had 3 homers all of last year, so not much is expected out of him. Marte didn't have his stuff, but battled anyways. On a 3-1 count, he threw a bad pitch, and quite frankly, it still hasn't landed. The rest is history.

As I said in another thread, sometimes, it is better to be lucky then good. I can guarantee you that if we played like that and they played like they did(assuming Marte would have half decent stuff), we would win 9 times out of 10. We just got unlucky.

All I know is Ozzie has the lowest all time winning percentage of any White Sox manager. A win Wednesday will jump him past quite a few guys  :D

A win tomorrow will pull Ozzie into a White Sox managerial tie with Doug Rader!

1-1

ok im sorry but i dont think it was a mistake to bring in marte. if you think about it he was one of the best closers last year he had a 1. somethin era and 11 saves. i know the saves wernt high but he was lights out. so ozzie was just doin what he thought was right. imo it was right at the time. but i also think if he left koch in there koch woulda gotten out of it so stop blamin ozzie. plus its his first year hes bound to make some mistakes