I know it's early but......

NUKE_CLEVELAND

don't forget the stolen base!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang  :headbang

Who knows, he may just become the next Rickey Henderson. Can you Imagine it? Paulie "Wheels" Konerko.

Mark my words, in 5 years he will steal 3rd in the last game of the season to pass Mr Henderson, yank the base out of the ground and hold it up in the air for the perfect photo op.

Konerko is the one hitter who all of the sudden seems to "get it".

Last year Walnuts learned his lessons the hard way: if you don't manage the strike zone well, if you don't shorten the swing and don't use an all-field approach, especially against tough pitchers....no matter how quick or strong you are, you'll be lucky to hit .250. The league constantly adjusts to you and will punish the stupid, the greedy and the mechanically unsound -- which let's face it, many Sox hitters were/are.

So now he is spraying line-drives all over the field -- even outs are hit hard (it's a matter of time before they start falling in), whereas last year he would roll over the first breaking ball in sight and produce a tailor-made GIDP.

Now....if Joe, Lee, Jose and Rowand can emulate Paulie's less greedy approach, you'll see offensive explosion, 1st half of 2000-style as Maggs and Hurt will see a ton of hittable pitches.

So, yeah......I'd rather Paulie hit 15-20 homers but with only 15 GIDP, 875 OPS and much better clutch/RBI numbers -- I'll take 90 RBI.

Hes been sizzling ever since that amazing come-from-behind game that he had last year, as far as I can remember.

Nah. He kind of struggled in September, as did the rest of the team. But, PK can hit and last year was an abberation, imho.

Everybody knows Paul can hit.  This isn't a flash in the pan as somebody asked.  I think last year's struggles will be good for Paul in the long run...

There were a whole bunch of people that wanted to give PK away, and I heard it all winter long.

Who knows, he may just become the next Rickey Henderson. Can you Imagine it?  Paulie "Wheels" Konerko. 

Mark my words, in 5 years he will steal 3rd in the last game of the season to pass Mr Henderson, yank the base out of the ground and hold it up in the air for the perfect photo op.

Sooner or later Ozzie will call for a double steal with Konerko on third.

Hope for a bad throw.

Everybody knows Paul can hit

But that's my point: you can be a very good hitter, but if you have no confidence in yourself and/or refuse to make adjustments day-to-day, pitcher-to-pitcher, AB-to-AB.....the league WILL catch up with you.

Even Barry Bonds would struggle if he was swinging at some of the garbage Konerko was (and Rowand, Harris, Valentin, Uribe, Crede are) swinging at last year's 1st half.