I know I'm crazy

Texsox

In the interest of being helpful around the casa, I decided to do the laundry. We were backed up and there was about 8 or 9 loads to be done. (Active family of 4). Instead of using our nice washer and dryer, I like to pack everything up and head to the laundromat. I can complete 8 loads in an hour or two and bring everything home folded or on hangers. Seems much better and faster than doing a load at a time all day long. The laundromat has those nice big tables for folding and I can watch Mexican soap operas.

Anyone else prefer the laundromat to doing laundry at home?

In the interest of being helpful around the casa, I decided to do the laundry. We were backed up and there was about 8 or 9 loads to be done. (Active family of 4). Instead of using our nice washer and dryer, I like to pack everything up and head to the laundromat. I can complete 8 loads in an hour or two and bring everything home folded or on hangers. Seems much better and faster than doing a load at a time all day long. The laundromat has those nice big tables for folding and I can watch Mexican soap operas.

Anyone else prefer the laundromat to doing laundry at home?

I hate the laundry mat. All of the damned kids of HS dropout running around getting into everything, not to mention how much it costs... I bet it ran you like $50 to wash and dry all of that.

I hate the laundry mat.  All of the damned kids of HS dropout running around getting into everything, not to mention how much it costs... I bet it ran you like $50 to wash and dry all of that.

$1.25 to wash and $.50 mi to dry, but I needed an extra $.25 cycle on some of it. So it was more like $20

Now that I think about it a little more, I guess that makes sense.  I would bet that you wouldn't have nearly the amount of heavy laundry that us Northerns do.

There maybe was a long sleeve shirt and pants in the mix :D

I just put away my winter sweater :lolhitting

For a couple years (while I was still living at home) we had to go to the laundromat to do laundry cuz my parents couldn't afford to buy a washer and/or dryer. I didn't mind it too much, but I like being able to throw in a load and then go and do whatever I wanted to do (surf the 'net, cook, nap, etc.).