Bullpen or heart?

danman31

Would you rather have a good bullpen or a team with heart?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather have a good bullpen or a team with heart?

• Bullpen
    • Heart

s***, remember how well it worked last time we tried to convert our set-up guy into a closer? I don't think anyone remembers that Keith Foulke guy.....

Yeah well, We got Miguel Olivo in that trade too, if we don't have Olivo we don't win the game today. Plus he's laying off breaking pitches a LOT better than last year. Personally, It wouldn't surprise me if Olivo hits 270+ with right around 60 or 70 RBIs, pretty good production from the lower third of the order IMO.

While Koch blows - first, why was he in the game yesterday anyways? With a seven run lead, I think Shingo should have gotten another chance, or someone like Adkins. I still want to see Koch get another chance, call me crazy (which will probably happen.), but I still think if Koch can hit 95 and have movement on his pitches, he can be effective (that didn't happen today).

Anyways, I don't think our 'pen is terrible. Marte, even though he had a bad outing, is one of the better relievers in all of baseball. Politte has been pretty lights out so far. Adkins, while he's inexperienced, has been solid so far - same goes for Cotts. Jackson hasn't been terrible, and we really haven't seen Shingo (other than one outing, his first, in all places, Yankee Stadium). I think one move is necessary that could really improve our bullpen as well as our rotation, and it's as simple as switching Neal Cotts and Danny Wright. Wright can be more effective when he throws for a shorter amount of time, he could put more on his fastball and not worry about how many pitches he's throwing. Cotts is a starter, simple as that, has good stuff, and should be given/has earned a spot to start on this team.

Yeah well, We got Miguel Olivo in that trade too, if we don't have Olivo we don't win the game today.  Plus he's laying off breaking pitches a LOT better than last year.  Personally, It wouldn't surprise me if Olivo hits 270+ with right around 60 or 70 RBIs, pretty good production from the lower third of the order IMO.

While Koch blows - first, why was he in the game yesterday anyways?  With a seven run lead, I think Shingo should have gotten another chance, or someone like Adkins.  I still want to see Koch get another chance, call me crazy (which will probably happen.), but I still think if Koch can hit 95 and have movement on his pitches, he can be effective (that didn't happen today).

Anyways, I don't think our 'pen is terrible.  Marte, even though he had a bad outing, is one of the better relievers in all of baseball.  Politte has been pretty lights out so far.  Adkins, while he's inexperienced, has been solid so far - same goes for Cotts.  Jackson hasn't been terrible, and we really haven't seen Shingo (other than one outing, his first, in all places, Yankee Stadium).  I think one move is necessary that could really improve our bullpen as well as our rotation, and it's as simple as switching Neal Cotts and Danny Wright.  Wright can be more effective when he throws for a shorter amount of time, he could put more on his fastball and not worry about how many pitches he's throwing.  Cotts is a starter, simple as that, has good stuff, and should be given/has earned a spot to start on this team.

We got Olivo for Bradford, not foulke.

s***, remember how well it worked last time we tried to convert our set-up guy into a closer? I don't think anyone remembers that Keith Foulke guy.....

Keith Who? Foulke? I didnt see a whole lot of him cause when he pitched it was usually for one inning maybe 2 and those innings were usually over pretty quickly. I'd run to the fridge for a beer at the start of the inning and by the time I got back they were already celebrating another win.

Keith Who?  Foulke?  I didnt see a whole lot of him cause when he pitched it was usually for one inning maybe 2 and those innings were usually over pretty quickly.  I'd run to the fridge for a beer at the start of the inning and by the time I got back they were already celebrating another win.

Unless of course we were playing the Twins, Mariners, or Yankees.

I don't think they're mutually exclusive. A team that plays with heart should also have bullpen guys who can get outs late in games.

I didn't say you couldn't have both, I said we don't. The bullpen can be fixed, but it hasn't looked so good as of now.