Things that make me happy about baseball

sox4lifeinPA

From ESPN

Home Run Derby

Two-for-one day at the ballparks. Barry Bonds went deep twice for the Giants, who lost 7-6 to L.A. Sammy Sosa hit two for a Cubs' milestone, but Adam Dunn also homered twice in the Reds' wild 11-10 victory at Wrigley Field.

ahhhhhh...I love seeing bonds and sammy hit lots of homeruns when their team lose

That and 50 cent will get you a newspaper ;)

Why would 50 cent buy me a newspaper? :huh

gallery_01.jpg

There ain't s*** in this world deeper than loyalty and love

(Except loyalty and love, between thugs)

For you, I pull up in the whip and spray the whole strip

(For you, I walk up close and lay a n****'s kin)

For you, there ain't a damn thing that I won't do

I'm a Thug, this my way I show, my love for you

(n**** for you, I get the coke, I'ma turn it into cash)

For you, if we go broke, we gon' rob a n**** ass

(For you, if we get knocked, I'ma have to take the weight

'Cause with a record like yours dogg, you ain't stayin' upstate)

n**** for you, I kill a whole God damn crew (Why?)

'Cause I know you'd do the same thing too… haha

I ride, you ride for me, my enemies your enemies

How could you not love a Thug like me?

Today at school was classic. Kid walks into class and said he saw the best game yesturday, cuase of all the HR's, and I said "what was the score" and he just shurged his shoulders, then went on about how far Sammy's HR's went. Classic.

That's because all Cub fans care about is how many homers SamME hits...They couldn't tell you the score of their game, or even who caused the error that lost the game for them...As long as SamME hits his fair share of homers, they go home happy...That's what divides us from them...We actually could tell you not only the score, but who made the key plays and some major stats for our players...Cub fans are so dumb!

It's not just Chitown residents.  Every time I visit the Cell and come out of that tunnel to see the field for the first time, I am a child all over again for one brief instant.

That's exactly what I feel too. And I'll never forget that moment went I first walked into old Comiskey as a kid ... walking up the ramp, see the field appear before my eyes. I still get goosebumps when I think about it.

But, when I go to the game with my dad(20 or so times a summer), and the first time I see the wonder of Comiskey,  I get a tear in my eye.

awwwwwwwwww

:crying

it's so beautiful!

No seriously though, I definitly know the feeling you're talking about. There's not much better then that. :)

That's exactly what I feel too.  And I'll never forget that moment went I first walked into old Comiskey as a kid ... walking up the ramp, see the field appear before my eyes.  I still get goosebumps when I think about it.

I know exactly what you mean! :)

One of the best moments with my dad was when the Sox had just swept the Tribe and Spankees. Sox fans were greeted to that video montage.  Now everytime I am there, I am sure to stand up the entire song.

Home Run of the Century - I always stand and clap for that, I have to be in my sheet before that starts because I love that moment

That's exactly what I feel too.  And I'll never forget that moment went I first walked into old Comiskey as a kid ... walking up the ramp, see the field appear before my eyes.  I still get goosebumps when I think about it.

I hear ya big time Yas! As much as I like The Cell. Nothing compares to Old Comiskey

and the wonder if you're going to see another "Rooftop Shot!!!"

Man, I miss the upperdeck atmosphere of that park. Along with when the fireworks exploding, it was DEAFENING" as the booming bounced all over the walls!