I've got a column up on WSC

Heads22

Great article...I loved how your wraped it up.

Soxheads:

Wrapup

The Sox are off to an 8-4 start this year and can be considered a surprise to many people who don’t follow the organization. The talent is most definitely there. Now it’s just a matter of utilizing that talent out on the the field, and Ozzie Guillen appears to be the guy who can get that talent to produce.

Headsie ya did a great job, you should persue writing if ya intrested enough in it.

It's a solid article. It basically sums up the season thus far, and is well written.

However, there is one part that is kind of awkward and repetitive...

His defense has been spectacular, as witnessed by Hideki Matsui. Matsui witnessed Olivo’s exemplary arm as he was picked off at second base.

To me, it seems like you're saying the same thing twice.

I see nothing blatantly wrong with it, and there's nothing I disagree with much.

Looks good to me.

It's a solid article.  It basically sums up the season thus far, and is well written. 

However, there is one part that is kind of awkward and repetitive...

To me, it seems like you're saying the same thing twice. 

I see nothing blatantly wrong with it, and there's nothing I disagree with much.

Looks good to me.

Must be a North Dakota thing....things are different down here in Iowa...:)

Actually, it was the way I'm being taught to write in my AP Lit and Comp class....introduce something, then back it up....it's a real pain in the ass. :lol:

Must be a North Dakota thing....things are different down here in Iowa...:)

Actually, it was the way I'm being taught to write in my AP Lit and Comp class....introduce something, then back it up....it's a real pain in the ass. :lol:

:finger

I understand what you're saying and how you are trying to point it out.

I just think it is a little awkward using the same verb twice in a row like that...maybe it just soudns weird to me.

I just think that "His defense has been spectacular, as witnessed by Hideki Matsui. Matsui witnessed Olivo’s exemplary arm as he was picked off at second base" with 'witnessed' being the key verb both times could be upgraded a little. IMO, "His defense has been spectacular, as seen first-hand by Hideki Matsui. Matsui witnessed Olivo’s exemplary arm as he was picked off at second base. "

To me, the way I have it worded just seems a little more colorful. Using the same verb, especially in back-to-back sentences, seems to get a little boring. Using synonyms like that I think can help make articles more fun to read.

I couldn't have written an article like that with such big words, and that's the only thing that I found really wrong. It's nothing to complain about

I skimmed through it and thought it was a good piece as well Alex. there were times when you were a bit repetitive and could've combined two sentences, but it was a good piece overall.

considering your age, you could definitely become a writer, but as you said, the getting the ideas is the hard part. there are some good writers out there, but they can't think of more than one thing to write every month or so.