U&H take a bow

greg775

That was a sweet double play. I loved every second of it.

Let me say this...yay to Uribe, nay to Harris. I know Willie struck out swinging, but I swear, that had to of been the only time he swung the bat all night. When he's not hitting, he is complete s*** at the plate.

I think Willie Harris needs to be our Herb Washington(bonus points to whoever can tell me what Herb Washington is famour for without looking it up...this is something our ancient ones should get easily)

With Jose being out, I hope Uribe continues. For all the guff that KW took for this being the only offseason acquisition, he's definately got to be smiling that after getting snake-bit so many times in the past, that as of now, Uribe is paying off big dividends to the club. Not only that, I don't see Valentine being with us next year, and this is kind of giving KW a better look at what this guy may do for us in the future.

With Jose being out, I hope Uribe continues. For all the guff that KW took for this being the only offseason acquisition, he's definately got to be smiling that after getting snake-bit so many times in the past, that as of now, Uribe is paying off big dividends to the club. Not only that, I don't see Valentine being with us next year, and this is kind of giving KW a better look at what this guy may do for us in the future.

Valentin should be retained, especially if the team does well.

You can get some pretty damn good glovework from Jose. He'll botch a few routine plays now and then, but for the most part, he is solid. He can run the bases like no one's buisness, has pretty damn good power for a SS, hits from the left side of the plate, and is a leader of this team.

I think that if Jose is let go, this team will feel the effects of his absence IMMEDIATELY. If we can retain him at $2-3 mill a year, I am all for it.

Personally, I would not mind having a 2B-SS combo of Uribe-Valentin for 2-3 years, especially if Uribe can put up .275 10 60 20 .700-.750 OPS for us with solid D up the middle. I like the way Uribe looks at the plate, and honestly, if he can continue to improve, I could see him potentially becoming a .280 20 75 20 .800-.850 type of guy. From a 2Bman, there is not much more you can ask for. He looks real good at the plate.

That was a sweet double play.  I loved every second of it.

Let me say this...yay to Uribe, nay to Harris.  I know Willie struck out swinging, but I swear, that had to of been the only time he swung the bat all night.  When he's not hitting, he is complete s*** at the plate.

I think Willie Harris needs to be our Herb Washington(bonus points to whoever can tell me what Herb Washington is famour for without looking it up...this is something our ancient ones should get easily)

Herb Washington was the "Designated Runner" for Charley Finley's Oakland A's in the 70's.

Can't say I watched him, but from the looks of his stats, it doesn't look like he was too incredibly effective.

In his career, he was 31 of 48 for stolen bases, or about a 64.6% steal percentage. Just goes to show that pure speed does NOT steal bases for you. Being able to get good jumps and reading a pitcher is more important in most cases of stealing bases then having pure speed. Paul O'Neill stole 22 bases in his final season somehow, and I can guarantee you that it was not pure speed.

Can't say I watched him, but from the looks of his stats, it doesn't look like he was too incredibly effective.

In his career, he was 31 of 48 for stolen bases, or about a 64.6% steal percentage.  Just goes to show that pure speed does NOT steal bases for you.  Being able to get good jumps and reading a pitcher is more important in most cases of stealing bases then having pure speed.  Paul O'Neill stole 22 bases in his final season somehow, and I can guarantee you that it was not pure speed.

I never said it was a good idea. Just that it happened. :lol: