The Official/Un-Official Ozzie Quote Thread:

CSF

Here's one today from whitesox.com regarding the use of Paul Konerko as an emergency catcher in case Sandy Alomar couldn't make it:

"I thought about Konerko," Guillen said. "But if Konerko caught for a half of inning, he might get hurt for the rest of his career."

Any others???

This excerpt taken from Whitesox.com is not a quote, but deserves to be included in this thread:

'Oz-zie, Oz-zie:' With another evening game on the schedule Wednesday, Guillen took the opportunity to be part of the studio audience at the Jerry Springer Show. Guillen didn't remember the topic for the taping, not that it really mattered.

"It's more fun in person then watching it on television," said Guillen with a laugh of the Springer experience.

:lol: :headbang

Also from the same article in whitesox.com regarding Frank's injury and the status:

"Frank is fine, and he wants to play," Guillen said. "He wants to help me and help his teammates win games.

"What I worry the most is Frank wanting to do something so bad and he makes it worse. That's not what I want. Just forget about the team right now, and just get healthy."

Just for those that think Frank is dogging it.

My favorite Ozzie quote so far is gonna look REALLY boring in print, but it made me laugh out loud when I heard it and I still repeat it to myself because it's so much fun to say.

He was on Talking Baseball on WMVP and he was talking about Shingo's pitches. He said he didn't know what pitch Shingo threw so he asked him. Then Oz said:

"He said it was a sinker but I've never seen a sinker sink like that".

I'll try to spell how it sounded to me:

"Ee seditwozza seener boat Eye neber seenaseenerseen lye daht"

He said it so fast it sounded like he was singing, so for the rest of the day I'm singing, "Ee seditwozza seener boat Eye neber seenaseenerseen lye daht"

Singing it again now.... :lol:

I love Oz as manager - this year has been so much fun so far... :headbang

My Fav quote so far:

"The double play is the pitcher's best friend, but it's an

overrated statistic,"Guillen said. "People will say, 'You led the lead the

league in double plays.' Well, no kidding. Maybe it's because your pitching staff sucks and there are men on base every day."

My Fav quote so far:

"The double play is the pitcher's best friend, but it's an

overrated statistic,"Guillen said. "People will say, 'You led the lead the

league in double plays.' Well, no kidding. Maybe it's because your pitching staff sucks and there are men on base every day."

That deserves reposting! :headbang

Funny and some what true.