Sunday 4/25 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the game yesterday on WGN. I agree with others about plate discipline. The Sox had the sacks packed in the 8th I think it was and two outs. Lee swings at the 1st pitch and pops out to right. Uribe swings at everything and it seems the others are either missing everyhting or swinging for downtown. Ozzie ball? I don't think so.

I watched the game yesterday on WGN. I agree with others about plate discipline. The Sox had the sacks packed in the 8th I think it was and two outs. Lee swings at the 1st pitch and pops out to right. Uribe swings at everything and it seems the others are either missing everyhting or swinging for downtown. Ozzie ball? I don't think so.

exactly uribe should've done something other then swinging at the first pitch (i think it was) and grounding into a double play.

A few more corpse ball efforts and maybe I'll be starting to think JM wasn't the problem last year.

I agree with you on that. If we have a coach that preaches patience then what is happening here? Do we miss Jose Valentin that much? Maybe having that bat in the line up puts a bit more pressure on the opposing team and protects Maggs better?

I agree with you on that. If we have a coach that preaches patience then what is happening here? Do we miss Jose Valentin that much? Maybe having that bat in the line up puts a bit more pressure on the opposing team and protects Maggs better?

Valentin at least has some discipline whereas Uribe swings at everything.

They will learn Ozzie ball as this season progresses. It's still very early into the season and we have a winning record. Be satisfied of what we have rather than talk about the negatives too much.

One positive spin on this game then is the fact Buerhle hasn't let the 8 runs and 2 innings in the last start bother him. That's why I like the guy so much. He has given up 8 hits in 6 innings, but he seems to do that a lot. His control is good (no walks) and he is getting some k's. Just too bad about that homer to Huff.