BabyBerroa

BrandoFan

I haven't been around much, but I assume "BabyBerroa" means Uribe. If that is so then I concur my friend, this guy can rake. Plus, that at bat in the bottom of the ninth was unbelievable for a guy who is know to be a free-swinger. Like I said earlier in the week if he figures out how to have some sort of plate discipline he'll be a great player, and he showed flashes of it today.

So I guess that prompts the question of will this guy play everyday with jose back? I sure hope so because if this guy played in the national league he could be mentioned in the running for an all-star bid when the time comes.

I may be a bit over my head with the praise, especially for a guy who hasn't been able to put a full season together in his career, but yet again he's only 24. If anything he's going to be fun to watch and to me he should play 2nd everyday when jose gets back.

Juan es muy bueno! :D

I haven't been around much, but I assume "BabyBerroa" means Uribe. If that is so then I concur my friend, this guy can rake. Plus, that at bat in the bottom of the ninth was unbelievable for a guy who is know to be a free-swinger. Like I said earlier in the week if he figures out how to have some sort of plate discipline he'll be a great player, and he showed flashes of it today.

So I guess that prompts the question of will this guy play everyday with jose back? I sure hope so because if this guy played in the national league he could be mentioned in the running for an all-star bid when the time comes.

I may be a bit over my head with the praise, especially for a guy who hasn't been able to put a full season together in his career, but yet again he's only 24. If anything he's going to be fun to watch and to me he should play 2nd everyday when jose gets back.

Juan es muy bueno! :D

si si senor

el nino berroa es un hombre muy taliente.

So I guess that prompts the question of will this guy play everyday with jose back?

Jose plays SS. Uribe plays 2B. Best DP combo in the majors. Problem solved.

I remember seeing him play with Colorado before injury as he was putting it together after a bad 2002, which should have been spent in AAA. That's where he got his nickname.

I'm not exactly on the SS Willie yet, but I like him better at 2b and Uribe at short, and Jose just becoming dead wood. Jose SUCKS defensively and he's part of the best db combo in the majors? hmmm...

But then again, it's Jose can't throw, not field.

:lol:

I'd have to disagree about Jose "sucking" defensively, I don't know about you but I don't look at errors as heavily as others. An error is a rather subjective stat, and I rather worry about range. And if range is the question then Jose is well-above average, the man covers a lot of area and people may not notice it because his "hard" plays are otherwise unplayable by other shortstops.

So is it fair to say a guy is bad defensively if he gets to more balls than others, yet makes more errors? I say no. If you want to watch some bad fielding watch the team across town, walker/gonzalez is quite possibly the worst ss/2b combo in the majors (defensively).

As long as Jose keeps his arm angle up, he'll be a great defensive shortstop. It's that simple.

So if you do read the rest I corrected myself.  He can field, he just can't throw.

Of course he can throw. Few turn DP as well as he does.

Sure, he'll dip that shoulder and fire an occasional routine throw 10 rows up, but over 160 games, it evens out.

He is off to a slow start (last april had 7 errors), but then again Visquel has

4 errors as well -- as do Tejada, Wilson, Guzman, Renteria and Jeter. Guess who leads the majors in Zone Rating?

Sure, he'll dip that shoulder and fire an occasional routine throw 10 rows up, but over 160 games, it evens out.

4 errors as well -- as do Tejada, Wilson, Guzman, Renteria and Jeter. Guess who leads the majors in Zone Rating?

I bet Royce Clayton does

I guess I just keep thinking of the present, (I've seen Jose throw a lot of balls in the stands early so far) - and it drives me nuts. You are right that in the course of a season it evens out but I just don't put Jose in the "ELITE" SS's in the league.

And I have to also admit that I've been spoiled watching Pay-Rod the last couple of years, and like him or not, he's awesome defensively.

Actually, he's off to a good start, only 1 or 2 errors so far and a middle-of-the-pack range. 

Better than Miles, that's for sure.

He's even hitting too. A pretty good .317 average with a .377 OBP along with a middle of the pack .774 OPS. Then again, he is in Colorado.

You are right that in the course of a season it evens out but I just don't put Jose in the "ELITE" SS's in the league

Hey man, there are only a few "elite" fielders -- Vizquel, A-Rod, Itzituranius, Cabrera.........If Jose was a great fielder, he'd be making twice what he is making now -- back in 2001 when he signed his contract, people were getting PAAAAID like crazy.

i think i would rather see uribe and jose up the middle because if anyones defense or offense is questionable its willies.

Funny you should say that, I think Willie might win GG.

Btw...Uribe is gonna make his share of errors, too. Last year, Berroa had 25 and JU already has 3 or 4.

To me Uribe is almost like Tejada. He's nowhere near that level yet, but he's got a similar look, both in the field and at the plate.

I think Uribe will get plenty of time when he's back, playing for Jose, Willie and Crede. Right now I want Willie playing though. I'm glad him and Juan will get a lot of playing time.

To me Uribe is almost like Tejada.  He's nowhere near that level yet, but he's got a similar look, both in the field and at the plate. 

I think Uribe will get plenty of time when he's back, playing for Jose, Willie and Crede.  Right now I want Willie playing though.  I'm glad him and Juan will get a lot of playing time.

i like juan at third too. he really played nice in that game against the d-rays in tampa

To me Uribe is almost like Tejada. He's nowhere near that level yet, but he's got a similar look, both in the field and at the plate

I think Tejada, like Renteria and Guzman, is overrated defensively; home scorers treat them like Gold Glovers, so whenever they boot the ball in the hole, it's rarely scored as an error.

Uribe looks and hits and fields like Berroa -- hence the nickname. But if he ends up being the kinda hitter Tejada is, who has a very live bat, then I'll be ecstatic.

Boy, did Rockies drop the ball on this one...

I think Tejada, like Renteria and Guzman, is overrated defensively;  home scorers treat them like Gold Glovers, so whenever they boot the ball in the hole, it's rarely scored as an error.   

Uribe looks and hits and fields like Berroa -- hence the nickname. But if he ends up being the kinda hitter Tejada, who has a very live bat, then I'll be ecstatic.

Boy, did Rockies drop the ball on this one...

yep they did because babyberroa can rake baby

To me Uribe is almost like Tejada.  He's nowhere near that level yet, but he's got a similar look, both in the field and at the plate. 

I think Uribe will get plenty of time when he's back, playing for Jose, Willie and Crede.  Right now I want Willie playing though.  I'm glad him and Juan will get a lot of playing time.

Power wise I think he could be like Tejada in the future if he cuts down on his K's but I don't know if he'll hit ova .300 again like he did at Coors Field. .280 is a more likely prediction I think.