Gload at 3B?

BrandoFan

can someone change the title of this thread, because the fact that someone actually thought this was a possibility is sad ... a real idiot.

It's a QUESTION, rio, not a statement of fact.

You make it sound like I am posting a fake trade here. :nono

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still say we trade Crede for Aubrey Huff and be done with it. Huff brings .30 30 100 .900 to the table right now, and the most important part of those stats is that he brings it from the left-side of the plate. Huff doesn't bring GG defense to 3B, but he'd be solid enough, and that power that he would bring would be very nice to have at the 5th spot in our lineup.

I am sure Tampa will ask for Crede AND Cotts.

I don't see it.

I'll do it. You look at our lineup...

Harris/Uribe - 2B

Valentin - SS

Maggs - RF

Thomas - DH

Huff - 3B

Lee - LF

Konerko - 1B

Rowand - CF

Olivo/Alomar - C

...and I'm still trying to figure where our incredibly weak hitter is in that lineup who is streakier then hell.

So we give up a good young lefty...big deal. We call up Wunsch to be the other lefty out of the pen then.

What is so bad about that move? :huh

I'll do it.  You look at our lineup...

Harris/Uribe - 2B

Valentin - SS

Maggs - RF

Thomas - DH

Huff - 3B

Lee - LF

Konerko - 1B

Rowand - CF

Olivo/Alomar - C

...and I'm still trying to figure where our incredibly weak hitter is in that lineup who is streakier then hell.

So we give up a good young lefty...big deal.  We call up Wunsch to be the other lefty out of the pen then. 

What is so bad about that move?  :huh

I should add that I've seen the incredibly weak and/or streaky hitter...Big Mo. He started off solidly last year, and went down the crapper right away.

I like Olivo though, but to say he isn't streaky or that he won't be streaky is wrong at this point.

I would trade Carlos first before I even touch Crede or Cotts. He is expendable right now because f his value and of our prospects who are ready. (mostly Reed) I would also trade Carlos cause of his lack to play the ozzie ball on RISP. At least Crede is a team player and doesn't worry about the longball. He already has 2 GW hits in this year. If our 3rd base prospect is for real (The Schur) or if we get a couple of good players/prospects in return for a future all-star in Crede (Huff, I wouldn't mind maybe with a couple of throw-in prospects) would I pull the trigger.

I would trade Carlos first before I even touch Crede or Cotts. He is expendable right now because f his value and of our prospects who are ready. (mostly Reed) I would also trade Carlos cause of his lack to play the ozzie ball on RISP. At least Crede is a team player and doesn't worry about the longball. He already has 2 GW hits in this year. If our 3rd base prospect is for real (The Schur) or if we get a couple of good players/prospects in return for a future all-star in Crede (Huff, I wouldn't mind maybe with a couple of throw-in prospects) would I pull the trigger.

I'm all for trading Lee for Odalis Perez. Whether that happens or not is unknown.

But to GET prospects along with Huff for ONLY Crede? I don't think so. Huff is proven, has put up pretty damn good numbers before, and the Devil Rays have the leverage here, not us. They do NOT have to give up Huff. We are the ones in contention who are wanting Huff to help us go a long ways. It would probably cost us atleast Crede and Cotts....

...and I would make that move...

...in a heart beat.

Hell, wite I'll go with your trade idea for a sec. Let's say we traded Crede for a Huff, then swapped Lee for a Victor Zambrano or Odalis Perez (with some good prospects) in return. Called up Reed just for kicks. Our line-up would be:

Harris/Uribe - 2B

Reed - LF

Maggs - RF

Thomas - DH

Huff - 3B

Konerko - 1B

Valentin- SS

Rowand - CF

Olivo/Alomar - C

It can be flipped flopped around if need be.

Loaiza - R

Buehrle - L

Garland - R

Perez - R or Zambrano - R

Shoey - L (or other)

or..

Buehrle - L

Loaiza - R

Perez - L or Zambrano - R

Garland - R

Shoey - L (or other)

That is very solid Line-up and Rotation.

What was said was

I wouldn't presume to know what Ozzie or Kenny want to do here, just my own opinion on what SHOULD be done.    You and others disagree, fine.

Brando ... I think you're posting so much, you forget what you say half the time.

Go back and read your 2nd post in this thread, on the first page.

You said:

"Crede has lost the job and unless he shortens his swing he won't get it back."

Besides the Dodgers I dunno if there'll be a big market for Carlos. Toronto could be an option if they trade Delgado in a cost cutting move. San Francisco mayb if they r willin to add payroll and we could get one of their stud young pitchin prospects or Elgardo Alfonso. I would do Crede and Cotts for Aubrey Huff in a second too. Huff ain't arbitration eligible for bout 3 or 4 years too I think.

Hell, wite I'll go with your trade idea for a sec. Let's say we traded Crede for a Huff, then swapped Lee for a Victor Zambrano or Odalis Perez (with some good prospects) in return. Called up Reed just for kicks. Our line-up would be:

Harris/Uribe - 2B

Reed - LF

Maggs - RF

Thomas - DH

Huff - 3B

Konerko - 1B

Valentin- SS

Rowand - CF

Olivo/Alomar - C

It can be flipped flopped around if need be.

Loaiza - R                                             

Buehrle - L                                                   

Garland - R                                                     

Perez - R or Zambrano - R                               

Shoey - L (or other)                                           

or..

Buehrle - L

Loaiza - R

Perez - L or Zambrano - R

Garland - R

Shoey - L (or other)

That is very solid Line-up and Rotation.

You take that lineup, Buehrle, Loaiza, Perez, Garland, and Scho, along with a pen of Marte, Politte, Koch, Shingo, Adkins, Wunsch, and Jackson, and that's a solid-ass team; at the very least, a post-season team, and with another ace pitcher(be it Perez maturing again, Garland coming together, or Scho doing it, or just flat out going out and getting one), that could very well be a World Series team too.

I would still like a little more bullpen depth. I think the pen is overacheiving right now, so getting a stud reliever would not be a bad idea...if Seattle continues to suck, I would not mind Hasegawa or Guardado(assuming they took on some of Guardado's salary).

Gload has a role on the team, it's not as a backup 3B.

He's never played 3B before, even in the minors, to my knowledge.

Why would he be qualfied to be Crede's replacement?

Crede's defense hasn't suffered, let him play through it.  He's still a younger guy, he needs some confidence shown in him.

Crede is our 3rd baseman.

I am glad when Ventura was a rookie there was not an internet because when he went through his0-50something period, interent meesage boards would be overloaded directing invective at hi and the manage and we could have lost a great player

patience is a part of baseball

I would also go back to see if the Mets would still do a Koch/Weathers deal as well. Then Marte/Shingo would be our closer. I think we'd be set afterwards.

If Shingo is ever closing for us, we are f***ed. I like Shingo, and he seems like a solid middle reliever, but he is not a closer in the major leagues.

Marte/Politte are closers(and though I bring up those two, I am not suggesting that a closer has to throw it hard, just that those are the only two who look like they could have that closer mentality).

How about we just trade for Urbina then too, and he can close for us.

Brando ... I think you're posting so much, you forget what you say half the time.

Go back and read your 2nd post in this thread, on the first page.

You said:

"Crede has lost the job and unless he shortens his swing he won't get it back."

Well, yeah, after the first post made it clear what I meant, I could be more liberal with words in the follow-up posts.

Back to the topic.

So we give up a good young lefty...big deal

No, no -- we ain't the Yankees, we are gonna need Cotts not only this year (Wrong's spot), but also in 2005-2008 and beyond. I'd rather give up Wing or Pacheco, but it won't be enough.

Crede is one of my favorite players believe it or not, but I have liked what I've seen from Gload so far -- his production may not be great for a DH/1B type, but if he could become a decent 3B, it would be an asset.

Well, yeah, after the first post made it clear what I meant, I could be more liberal with words in the follow-up posts.

Back to the topic.

Sounds good to me ...

Gload isn't qualified to play 3B :D

No, no -- we ain't the Yankees, we are gonna need Cotts not only this year (Wrong's spot), but also in 2005-2008 and beyond.    I'd rather give up Wing or Pacheco, but it won't be enough.

Crede is one of my favorite players believe it or not, but I have liked what I've seen from Gload so far -- his production may not be great for a DH/1B type, but if he could become a decent 3B, it would be an asset.

I think LA accepts Lee-for-Perez, and you have wanted to get Perez for quite osme time, have you not? Wright is demoted to the pen, a rotation of Buehrle-Loz-Perez-Garland-Scho is put into place. Where's the weak link there? The pen is Marte, Politte, Shingo, Koch, Wunsch, Adkins, Jackson...I see 2 lefties, and that's about all we need.

What's the big loss in Cotts? I'm not seeing it.

How about we just trade for Urbina then too, and he can close for us.

I would not mind that at all that's if the tigers take some of that hefty salery of his. I still have faith in shingo closing for us. Like people say, give a guy a chance first. Crede will probably put it together soon. I said this before, Crede reminds me of Konerko. They would get cold before/after the all-star break, then they will get hot before/after the all-star break. I would say Crede catches fire after the all-star break this year whereas Konerko gets alittle cold by then. ;)

No, no -- we ain't the Yankees, we are gonna need Cotts not only this year (Wrong's spot), but also in 2005-2008 and beyond.

Definitely. I could see a:

Buerhle/Garland (whoever's still around)

Cotts

Honel

Wing

McCarthy

by 2006-beyond for a long time

Very lights out for many years to come. (those are just the prospects I like)