4/25 Games

Cali

Warthogs killed 11-2 Sweeney with another 0 fer.

Knights lose 3-2 Reed goes 0-4 hitting a measly .349 now. Joe B goes 1-4. Diaz solid.

Kanny wins big 11-2 Bounds goes 3 for 4 with 3 doubles. Ryan Rodriguez goes 7 innings 2 runs 6 K's. What kind of stuff does Ryan have? I know I've heard good things about him in the past.

Barons shut out 5-0 They suck, nothing to comment on.

Bull pitched good, but he made a costly 3 run error in the game.

Rodriguez is pretty talented. Off the top of my head I'm thinking he has a good curve and a low 90's fastball with some life to it. His other pitchers are still pretty raw, but he's doing very well considernig he was out all of last season.

Prior to the injury he looked like a guy with a very high ceiling and it looks like he's still that guy.

A positive note from Winston-Salem, Jason Stumm pitched 3 innings, one hit, no walks, 2 SO's.

I don't recall him ever having that long of an outing.

And it took his ERA down to a stingy 9.00 ... :D

Still very early in the year, not terribly concerned about the ERA, just glad to see him have a good outing.

Valido and Schnurstien a combined 0-9 today for Kanny, big day for Clint King, 2-4 with a HR and 2 rbi. Looks like he's starting to adjust to wood bats.

The oft-mentioned Chris Young a 1-3 with a run scored, caught stealing.

Ryan Rodriguez is a big kid, about 6'4, left handed. Good outing for him :headbang

Good to see Lopez get some action. He didn't dominate (3 hits, 1 walk in 2 IP), but he didn't give up any runs.

Stumm pitching that long and that well is very encouraging. From what I've read it doesn't seem like he can make it as a starter, but maybe he is a future closer in MLB? Either way, nice to see him pitch well.