Texas considers partnering with

Texsox

Tax plan turns into strip club spat

HOUSTON, Texas (Reuters) -- What started as a proposal to reform school finance in Texas has turned into a fight over strip joints.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry wants to tax the clubs to help pay for public schools, but fellow Republican Carole Keeton Strayhorn, the powerful state comptroller, thinks the state should shut them down.

Strayhorn has blasted the plan in what political experts say are likely the early shots of a possible gubernatorial campaign in 2006, when Perry's term expires.

The dispute also highlights a party split in President Bush's home state of Texas between Bush's gubernatorial successor and the mother of his White House spokesman Scott McClellan and his Medicare administrator Mark McClellan.

I saw that on the news on Friday and cracked up. When are these people going to learn? State politics here is just a shade more soap operaish then most states I've paid attention to.

Hey little Jimmy, guess how your teacher gets paid? From a STRIP CLUB!

:lol:

I think we should tax anyone with a friggin' F350... WHY DO YOU NEED THIS VEHICLE...er, AIRCRAFT CARRIER?!?!?!

F250s are sufficient for tow/trailing cars, but if you have a larger drag car/RV/etc., you need an F350.

We have an F250 which suits us, but the race car we have isn't that heavy and it holds a decent amount of scrap! :lol:

And can you imagine the first husband arguing with his wife who uses that as his rational to go to the nudey bar?

"But honey, it is for Juniors education."

"Junior," is that what you call it? Well, by all means get out there and get it educated, or frustrated, or whatever... :D

F250s are sufficient for tow/trailing cars, but if you have a larger drag car/RV/etc., you need an F350.

We have an F250 which suits us, but the race car we have isn't that heavy and it holds a decent amount of scrap!  :lol:

I just saw a pic of Bush's Crawfrod Ranch Limo

txpreslimo.jpg