Has anyone else never been to a Sox home game?

ChiSox_Sonix

I'm just curious. Has anyone else here, for logistical reasons, never been to Chicago to see a game? I've seen a few down in NY when they've played the Yankee$ but thats it. I know i'm gonna take a week next summer after i graduate and spend it there, but as of now, i havent been west of Cleveland.

:o

Get your ass to Chicago  :D

trust me, i'd love too. But with school and work in the summer and limited finances at this point in my life, i have to live with going to NY. Unfortunately, they played NY too early this year, so i'm hoping i can get the time to head to Boston this summer. But that in itself is a 4-5 hour drive.

Never, but if I ever go to America I want to at least see U.S Cell. I'd luv to see a game at Camden Yards, PETCO Park or the San Franscico Park (SBC Park?) as well.

Ooo, you should visit Kaufmann Stadium too. I went there last September for the last weekend of the season, and loved it. The waterfall in centerfield is quite cool. :D

Unfortunately, they played NY too early this year, so i'm hoping i can get the time to head to Boston this summer. But that in itself is a 4-5 hour drive.

Hey, If I was willing to drive 4-5 hrs for minor league hockey, you can do it for the Sox! :lol: :headbang :lol:

Ooo, you should visit Kaufmann Stadium too.  I went there last September for the last weekend of the season, and loved it.  The waterfall in centerfield is quite cool.  :D

Is Kaufman really that nice? I've been thinking about a trip down there. How's the area around the park? Anything to do?

I seen the White Sox in only 2 games both were at Yankmee Stadium. But this year I'm really trying to go with a lot of people to Chi-town, and I'm tryin to even convince to have the summer family vacation in Chi-town. I may even go with just one person (my younger bro) if no one else wants to go to chi-town with me.

I'm tryin really hard to get people and I'm makin it my goal to go to Chi-town this summer, even if it's for a weekend.

baltimore isnt that far.

Nah, it's not..and I'll probably make my way up there for one of our games against the O's this year.. The only cool thing is that we have the Norfolk Tides here, and they play Charlotte quite a bit.

I don't know if I'm allowed to...(I haven't been able to yet...)

going to see the knights play the scanton/wilkes-barre red barons in may

really? i think im going to the game on the 17th, maybe i'll see ya there. I also plan on going to the Knights games in Syracuse a few weeks later

Nah, it's not..and I'll probably make my way up there for one of our games against the O's this year..  The only cool thing is that we have the Norfolk Tides here, and they play Charlotte quite a bit.

i saw Charlotte play at Norfolk last summer. Norfolk has a nice ballpark there

Is Kaufman really that nice? I've been thinking about a trip down there. How's the area around the park? Anything to do?

Well, I liked the stadium. My time there was seriously some of the best fun I had at a baseball game all season. Yes it was a really good game (It was the 19-3 win on 9/27/03). But honestly, I thought it was a nice ballpark. As for around the park, yeah, my friend and I couldn't find much to do. The only place we could find to eat was Denny's (which ended up not being that bad since we saw Joe Crede while we were there :D ) We spent most of our time at Denny's, in our hotel, and at the ballpark (maybe I was just excited at the fact that even though I had UD seats I could hang out on the LD on like at USCF).

WsoxShuf doesn't like Kaufmann, so you may want to ask him why to get the other side of the spectrum. Maybe he just doesn't like the spinning cars :lol: (yeah, I found those kinda dumb, but whatever, the waterfall makes me happy. :) )

i saw Charlotte play at Norfolk last summer. Norfolk has a nice ballpark there

Yeah it is a pretty nice park..I dig it..usually try to go to a few games out there..There's a possibility of us getting a ML franchise here, and they want to use Harbor Park(but expanded) to play there..I think it would work great.

I seen the White Sox in only 2 games both were at Yankmee Stadium.  But this year I'm really trying to go with a lot of people to Chi-town, and I'm tryin to even convince to have the summer family vacation in Chi-town.  I may even go with just one person (my younger bro) if no one else wants to go to chi-town with me.

I'm tryin really hard to get people and I'm makin it my goal to go to Chi-town this summer, even if it's for a weekend.

You could ask your 5-year-old cousin!!! :lol:

Would you :begood if you came to Chicago??? :D