Has anyone else never been to a Sox home game?

ChiSox_Sonix

No games yet this year....I am thinking of going to some, um, Cubs games this summer when I come home though.

This just in...SS has been seen wearing a Mark Grace jersey from the mid-90s. He later commented, "I have tried to do everything I can to model his 'graceful' ways." No other comments were made.

Therein lies your evidence of SS's change of allegiance! I'm at loss of words, SS!!! ;)

I will probably miss out this season, unless something changes. Both tentaive trips I have to head north on during road trips. I'm trying to change the dates to catch at least a game of two.

You're coming here, right? Or have you decided not to? I remember you said you'd be backpacking in the big bend country the first time the sox are here. What about September?

I guess I take it for granted that as long as I have some cash in my pocket I can just hop on the "L" and go to a game anytime they are home.

All of you who have not been need to get out there ASAP! The park, especially with the new renovations, is great!

Make sure you get to section 111 a buy a steak pita. Very good.

I guess I take it for granted that as long as I have some cash in my pocket I can just hop on the "L" and go to a game anytime they are home.

All of you who have not been need to get out there ASAP!  The park, especially with the new renovations, is great!

Make sure you get to section 111 a buy a steak pita.  Very good.

Just don't believe him if he saids he will buy you a beer :lol:

I've seen 4 White Sox games in Minnesota though.

You going to any this May? I've got tickets for the Friday night game, and I might go up for more if any of my friends are willing to be conned into going...

You going to any this May? I've got tickets for the Friday night game, and I might go up for more if any of my friends are willing to be conned into going...

Actually that's exactly when we planned on going if we were to go. My dad wanted to go mid-summer, but couldn't because he has a bunch of stuff planned for those series's.

We are looking at May 22nd and 23rd(a Satuday and Sunday). Not sure if we have the tickets yet though. I'm hoping my dad makes up his mind soon though.

I don't know if I'm allowed to...(I haven't been able to yet...)

going to see the knights play the scanton/wilkes-barre red barons in may

i saw our boys in Houston v. the astros and in Philly V. the phillies.

fun times.

plus I've seen the knights play in wilkes-barre

i've only been to 2 mlb games in my life. a home game in chicago when i was like 15 and a rangers game while i was on vacation in texas with family... :bang

what sucks is the sox were getting their butts kicked (i think they were playing detroit) and the ticket people gave us "really good seats" (it was like a row or two from top :puke ) and were newbies so didn't realize we could move up so we decided to leave in the 8th we're walking down ramp and get to bottom when stadium erupts. frank thomas hit a two run homer. we still lost though... :angry:

don't remember much about the ranger game since i was pretty young. but do remember as we're driving out of park there was a car stopped along the side and we were in our big ass van and we had to stop beside the car and wait on traffic. we glance over into the car and there's this half naked chick giving the driver a bill clinton... :lol:

The Sox have always been my team, but my ability to see the Pale Hose is limited. The first time I did was in 1977, and the "Winnin Ugly on the Southside" team was playing a 4 game series versus the then California Angels at Anaheim. I was on vacation in the LA area and took in all 4 games. I saw Zisk and Gamble and Orta as well as Bobby Bonds on the Angels. in 1987 I was on vacation and stopped in Chicago and saw the Sox at Old Comiskey. That was a thrill. They played the Brewers and lost 7-4. Kenny Williams hit a homer and I remember Baines pinch hitting for Fisk in the 9th.

I have also seen games in 1998 in Colorado (Rockies versus the D-Backs) and in 2000 I was at Fenway Park to see the Red Sox beat the Twinkies.

My first game was in June of 1982 vs the Yanks.. they lost... I was 9... hot dogs and candy are great.. baseball.. ehhh.

Second was in September of 1983 :headbang vs the Angels I was 10. Baines singled home Julio Cruz for a White Sox winner! Hot Dogs, candy AND Baseball are great!

Looong drought...

In 1992, went to two games..

One, I froze in April in the right field bleachers watching the Sox lose to the Yanks (again!)... couldn't see anything.

The second, I roasted in the upper deck in July just to the right of home plate watching the Sox beat the A's with the Bash (read 'Roid) Brothers.

I was glued to my seat as I was close to the overhang and scared for my life. :ph34r:

Long drought again..

Went to the "cell" on half price Monday Buehrle vs Pedro and the Sawks last June.

Only 15 rows up almost behind home plate! :headbang

Good game.... Manny hit a monster homer but the White Sox beat the bullpen after Grady Little pulled Pedro after 5 innings.

I hope to make it back to a couple games this year.

This drought has to end.

:)

I've been: July 2nd, 2000 v. Red Sox W

August 15th, 2001 v. Rangers W

August 21-24, 2003 v. Rangers W,W,W,L

5-1

I'm going to be at the Twins-Sox series at the end of July, and at Safeco for Sox baseball on June 5th, 6th.

Yeah, those of you who are able to go to a Sox game merely on a whim are SO lucky.