Question-Joe Crede

VenomSox

He's not eligible, but he should definately be really fun to watch. He had amazing numbers last year. If he were able to do that over a full season, he'd probably be the Sox 2nd best offensive threat. That isn't likely, but this kid is going to be really good.

Welcome aboard!!!!

All CLee haters and doubters, recall how plain pathetic and overmatched Joe Crede looked at the plate in his first 30 or so at-bats in 2002, sending the "here we go again: another overhyped Sox prospect" chills down many a spine...before busting out to the point where he effortless homered off Clemens and Derek Lowe. Sometimes one adjustment makes all the difference in the world. This also makes me want to give Rowand and Borchard more time.

Joes and Jons need to step up for Sox to make noise :)

All CLee haters and doubters, recall how plain pathetic and overmatched Joe Crede looked at the plate in his first 30 or so at-bats in 2002, sending the "here we go again: another overhyped Sox prospect" chills down many a spine...before busting out to the point where he effortless homered off Clemens and Derek Lowe.  Sometimes one adjustment makes all the difference in the world.  This also makes me want to give Rowand and Borchard more time.

Joes and Jons need to step up for Sox to make noise :)

I'm a Carlos Lee supporter, but remember, Lee has had a couple years in the majors to adjust. Crede, Rowand and Borchard have never had a full season as a major league starter yet.

You guys missed my point: sometimes it takes just one tiny swing and approach adjustment for a player to get his confidence and his swing on. Crede looked lost and dominated in his first 30 atbats (something like 5 singles) and then dominated himself. It was unexpected and awesome.

Crede is only a year younger than Carlos, too.

You guys missed my point:  sometimes it takes just one tiny swing and approach adjustment for a player to get his confidence and his swing on.  Crede looked lost and dominated in his first 30 atbats (something like 5 singles) and then dominated himself.  It was unexpected and awesome.

Crede is only a year younger than Carlos, too.

For crede I think it was the fact that he was just lost. The pitchers were way better and he was nervous. With him I think he just had to relax.

I do agree though, one little adjustment can go a long way.

I think the one thing to make him a better ballplayer who can adjust to situations is to give him more playing time, as he will be getting this year! He would've had even higher stats last year had they brought him in earlier, rather than turning him into a September ballplayer. Crede needs confidence that JM believes in him via that playing time, which he will be getting barring something major happening in spring training...He's going to be good for us this season.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Did Joe play to many games last year to be a rookie this year?

That is correct... Crede is not eligible to be rookie of the year.

he may not be eligable.. but his baseball cards are starting to be hard to come by... they sure have gotten popular in the off season... i was talking with one of the dealers by my house and belive this or not joes cards are the most sought after right now in the chicago area......pretty impressive i would say............

Did Joe play to many games last year to be a rookie this year?

That is correct... Crede is not eligible to be rookie of the year.

he may not be eligable.. but his baseball cards are starting to be hard to come by... they sure have gotten popular in the off season... i was talking with one of the dealers by my house and belive this or not joes cards are the most sought after right now in the chicago area......pretty impressive i would say............

That is pretty impressive... I may have to check out and see what they are going for here. Hmmmm.

I agree. Hopefully he will do fine. I think we need Joe more for his glove then his bat. If he can hit .260-.270 15HR 60-70RBI I think that would be a good year for him. He doesn't need to be the star of the team, just a good defensive player with some timely hitting on occassion.

I agree. Hopefully he will do fine. I think we need Joe more for his glove then his bat. If he can hit .260-.270 15HR 60-70RBI I think that would be a good year for him. He doesn't need to be the star of the team, just a good defensive player with some timely hitting on occassion.

thats really all im expecting form joe this year ...even your lower numbers...260 - 15 -60 would be fine..it will be nice to see that kid's glove at 3rd..in his short time here he has made some great plays

i hope we arnt putting too much pressure on joe...kind of wish he didnt have the success he did at the end of last year....really pulling for him to get off to a good start..when people get disappointed they tend to turn on a guy quick :o

I'm patient Baggs. BUT, I think if there is any guy out there that could pull an Albert Pujols and just have immediate sucess it would be Crede. He's spent plenty of time in the minors and has a nice swing with a live bat and now can take it to all parts of the field.

Either way, I know the kids got the talent, a great glove and a strong arm. It could definately take him a year or two, but he should still hit 20 hr's with a .250 avg or so and thats pretty good considering where he is. Odds are he'll do better then that, but if he's playing everyday I am very confident he could at least hit .250 with 20 hr's.

All these people backing crede now, but who was the original "CredeFan" when no one cared about him?  ;)

Joe Crede is a GOD! :headbang

I knew that the intense love RPS has for Crede was going to show up sooner or later! :D

Stop stalking the poor man - what are you, The Cable Guy??? :lol:

I've never even spoke to the guy. But i talked to his wife who is a hottie! :lol: