And that's a White Sox Winner!

aboz56

Last night, as pissed as I was and how much I kept telling myself I wouldn't watch the bottom of the 10th, I did. And I kept honestly believing that we would win. And bam, we get Big Frank as the tying run, and I thought he was gonna tie it up. He popped out, and a part of me died, and I threw myself hard to the floor and asked, "Why? Why make it so close?" It wouldn't have hurt so bad if they went 1-2-3.

Unfortunately, I didn't see today's game because I was at school, but I can only imagine what that must've been like. Hurrah!

Last night, as pissed as I was and how much I kept telling myself I wouldn't watch the bottom of the 10th, I did.  And I kept honestly believing that we would win. And bam, we get Big Frank as the tying run, and I thought he was gonna tie it up.  He popped out, and a part of me died, and I threw myself hard to the floor and asked, "Why?  Why make it so close?" It wouldn't have hurt so bad if they went 1-2-3. 

Unfortunately, I didn't see today's game because I was at school, but I can only imagine what that must've been like.    Hurrah!

You know; last nights loss to me was not a loss. It was a growing pain. The team showed passion in what they did do and pains in what they failed to do. Simple as it was, those games are lost, as CHAMPION Teams unite.

You know; last nights loss to me was not a loss. It was a growing pain. The team showed passion in what they did do and pains in what they failed to do. Simple as it was, those games are lost, as CHAMPION Teams unite.

totally agreed.

Even when we lose, the sox are really close to coming back, usually having the tying or winning run on base or at plate.

This team wants to win.

totally agreed.

Even when we lose, the sox are really close to coming back, usually having the tying or winning run on base or at plate.

This team wants to win.

Couldn't agree more. You just watch them and you know that they want it. Teams like that are dangerous.

In other words, we are one of the most dangerous teams in the league right now.

i know its only april..... but damn that felt like a world series win

i believe its six walk offs, but not sure

I LOVE OZZIE....... f*** JERRRY.... he would not of won that game

I can remember a lot of games that JM managed, particularly in 2000, where we moubted such comebacks and I woudl point one to the games around Labor Day week end beginning with the Angels game where we were down 8-3 in the 8th and take that right through the weekend and Monday.

and I'd follow with the Labor Day or Labor Day Sunday game in 2001 where we were down big and came back to stomp Cleveland.

JM managed those games. JM won his share of these.

Why can't we enjoy today without unfairly and very wrongly bashing JM?

I can remember a lot of games that JM managed, particularly in 2000, where we moubted such comebacks and I woudl point one to the games around Labor Day week end beginning with the Angels game where we were down 8-3 in the 8th and take that right through the weekend and Monday.

and I'd follow with the Labor Day or Labor Day Sunday game in 2001 where we were down big and came back to stomp Cleveland.

JM managed those games.  JM won his share of these.

I think he got through to THAT team in 00 and into 01 but his message just started not getting through to this group of guys. No more, no less. It's kind of like when you want to watch something a little different on tv you just change the channel and all of a sudden you get the message.

JM managed those games.  JM won his share of these.

"What have you done for me lately?"

The meaning of that saying is simple. It comes right out and says it.

However, it holds true for former managers. People view JM as a bad manager because quite frankly he was a bad manager in 2002 and 2003. Those teams had all kinds of talent, but they didn't win. JM could not get through to those teams and they never won on a consistent basis.

However, in 2000 and 01, JM was a good manager, just as you have brought up.

I think why people bring JM up and bash him is because he was a bad manager in 2003, last year, and that year hurt. In fact, to me, 2003 still hurts. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I won't forgive JM, because I have nothing to forgive him for. He had no control of that team. There was nothing he could do except put people in the lineup and put pitchers in and take them out when he needed. He could not get through to that team.

If Oz manages that team last year, they could have been World Series champs. He is getting through to the team like no one I have seen(then again, I have not seen a lot). If the JM of 2000 or 01 is managing that team, they could have been World Series champs. We just had a bad manager, that's all. That was the difference between going to the playoffs and not.

If it is any easier...with JM of 00 and 01(and before that), we probably win this game today. With JM of 02 or 03, we don't.

I love it....I was watching the first few innings at school, and I was going to baseball practice w/ Clev up 6-2. I was just down thinking that Clev was just going to blow us out; however, I forgot JM was not the manager. Ozzie has this team believing; it was great coming home to a win.