The Tigers roughed up Bartolo tonight

CSF

Colon's line: 4 innings, 7 hits, 7 earned runs, 3 walks, 6 K's. ERA of 4.06.

So in comparison, the Angel retread now pitching in our organization gave up 8 runs over 5 innings, while their big catch during FA gave up 7 runs over 4 innings. At least we have the comfort of knowing that the Angel retread is only making 1.725 million, while Bartolo pulls down 11 million. It's all about that bang for the buck! :lol:

Colon's line: 4 innings, 7 hits, 7 earned runs, 3 walks, 6 K's.  ERA of 4.06.

So in comparison, the Angel retread now pitching in our organization gave up 8 runs over 5 innings, while their big catch during FA gave up 7 runs over 4 innings. At least we have the comfort of knowing that the Angel retread is only making 1.725 million, while Bartolo pulls down 11 million.  It's all about that bang for the buck!  :lol:

The tigers are getting to the point where we might have to take them seriously --

So far, the Tigers are batting .315 with runners in scoring position, vs. .280 overall. Here's a list of their top six batters with runners in scoring position:

Inge B.      .455

Munson E.    .438

Higginson B.    .438

White R.        .400

Rodriguez I  .400

Guillen C.      .400

The tigers are getting to the point where we might have to take them seriously --

I've been taking them seriously since the 2nd time Loaiza lost 1-0 to them. They've only gotten better this year. Fortunately, we don't face them until the end of July. Either by then, they'll be definitely for real, or they would've cooled off significantly.

New venue, same team, same result.

Colon's line: 6 IP, 10 H, 6 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 4 K's, 1 HR 4.38 ERA, and in line for a loss (though the Angels are now trailing 6-5).

The 2 unearned runs was due to a Vlad Guererro error when he let an lazy fly ball go off his glove.

Schoe's line tonight against the O's: 7 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 3 BB, 3 K's, 3.69 ERA and a win. :headbang

http://6-4-2.blogspot.com/2004_05_02_6-4-2...364399493708519 :

Colón is an overpaid number two. (Sorry, Richard, I hadda do it.) It makes you wonder, did they evaluate talent based on asking price? If that's true, I'll start telling the Angels' front office about my $12 million price tag. Two rotten starts in a row against a weak AL Central team, and this time with no excuse about temperature.

Now, aren't you all glad that the Sox did not shell out the big bucks for the guy that Ncorgbl called the "Tub O' Goo"?