DECLINE THIS!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND

Where are you folks??? I dont see you anywhere. Where can you be??

Probably at the diner eating your words. Want some ketchup with that??

All razzing aside. MB has been MONEY since he got here except for one bad stretch to start off last season. He has been consistent and will continue to be so. He gets people out, he gets it and throws it & he doesn't throw a 98 MPH fastball with no movement that leaves the park twice as fast as it got to the plate & if he got just a little more run support (these last 2 starts nonwithstanding) he'd have 10-15 more career wins.

Bottom line. MARK IS MONEY. I've said that loud & proud since he got here & I'm gonna keep saying it so all you MB haters out there go ahead & bookmark this post cause this is where I call you out.

Where are you folks???  I dont see you anywhere.  Where can you be?? 

Probably at the diner eating your words.  Want some ketchup with that??

All razzing aside.  MB has been MONEY since he got here except for one bad stretch to start off last season.  He has been consistent and will continue to be so.  He gets people out, he gets it and throws it & he doesn't throw a 98 MPH fastball with no movement that leaves the park twice as fast as it got to the plate & if he got just a little more run support (these last 2 starts nonwithstanding) he'd have 10-15 more career wins.

Bottom line.  MARK IS MONEY.  I've said that loud & proud since he got here & I'm gonna keep saying it so all you MB haters out there go ahead & bookmark this post cause this is where I call you out.

Mark is our ace right now.

Buehrle's solid. He always has been. Even last year, he got a lot of bad breaks and got snakebit luck. But, even with all that, he pulled himself out of it and pitched well the second half. Mark Buehrle = Professional

Where are you folks???  I dont see you anywhere.  Where can you be?? 

Probably at the diner eating your words.  Want some ketchup with that??

All razzing aside.  MB has been MONEY since he got here except for one bad stretch to start off last season.  He has been consistent and will continue to be so.  He gets people out, he gets it and throws it & he doesn't throw a 98 MPH fastball with no movement that leaves the park twice as fast as it got to the plate & if he got just a little more run support (these last 2 starts nonwithstanding) he'd have 10-15 more career wins.

Bottom line.  MARK IS MONEY.  I've said that loud & proud since he got here & I'm gonna keep saying it so all you MB haters out there go ahead & bookmark this post cause this is where I call you out.

Glad your impressed and easy pleased. When Mark finishes a season with better stats then the one previous, then a claim can be made. One bad or good start does not mean a rise of fall.

Glad your impressed and easy pleased. When Mark finishes a season with better stats then the one previous, then a claim can be made. One bad or good start does not mean a rise of fall.

You of all people should know I'm not easily pleased but MB has been a rock for us since his rookie season except for that one bad stretch last season.

I'm not easy to please at all when it comes to big money baseball players but I am more than happy to give credit where it is due.

You of all people should know I'm not easily pleased but MB has been a rock for us since his rookie season except for that one bad stretch last season.

I'm not easy to please at all when it comes to big money baseball players but I am more than happy to give credit where it is due.

I think he's our staff ace but am worried about his season stats for the past couple of years. I expected him to improve from last season. Basically I've been predicting that his gains will be Estaban's losses and the two will balance out. I'm just not ready to call his decline over until the season is finished. Nothing against Mark.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the 2001 season was good and bad for, Mark. He basically came outta nowhere. He didn't have a whole lot of pub comin out of the minors. He comes up and pretty much dominates. From that point on everybody expects you to either be just as good if not better. People have to remember this guy is still young. He's still learning and maturing. I think the rest of the league made adjustments against Mark after that amazing 2001 season. Now he's making those same adjustments against the league.

Anyone else remember, coming through the minor leagues, how much better Rauch and Danny Wright were considered compared to Buerhle

Buerhle was not supposed to be this good.....he is not going to be an ace for a WS winning team....but he is very good as a #2.

If we can get Randy Johnson to lead this staff in the playoffs this year, watch out

RJ, Buerhle, Elo and Garland can be a very good 4 some for the playoffs

Anyone else remember, coming through the minor leagues, how much better Rauch and Danny Wright were considered compared to Buerhle

Buerhle was not supposed to be this good.....he is not going to be an ace for a WS winning team....but he is very good as a #2.

If we can get Randy Johnson to lead this staff in the playoffs this year, watch out

RJ, Buerhle, Elo and Garland can be a very good 4 some for the playoffs

Exactly :headbang

I like mark! he has been the saving grace of my fantasy baseball team the last 2 years. never doubted him, always have faith. I will just never go to a game he pitches again. He has lost the last 4 games i have seen him pitch. :crying

Mark is money, as has been said. Period.

That being said, I still want him going in game 2 with maybe Jason Schmidt going in game 1. To me, Mark is not an ace. At this point, he is our #1 starter, but by August or September, I want him to be a damn good #2 starter for us.

If our rotation can look something like Schmidt, Buehrle, Loaiza, then I am going to be happy as hell.

Not so sure I'd like RJ, Buehrle, Loaiza, Garland...that's two lefties and two righties right in a row there. I would want to break it up. Also, unless Arizona took on a ton of RJ's contract, he would make $16 mill next year. Too much for any player not named Bonds, Alex Rodriguez, or Pujols, let alone a pitcher who's over the age of 40 who has had injury problems within the past year or so. The one player from Arizona I would like is Steve Finley. Put him in CF against RHP, Rowand in against LHP. Lee would probably be involved with any trade involving an ace, so that would open up a spot in LF for say Harris perhaps(maybe it's just me, but if Harris can play CF, why can't he play LF, which actually suits his arm better?). A lineup of

Harris - LF

Uribe - 2B

Maggs - RF

Thomas - DH

Finley - CF

Konerko - 1B

Valentin - SS

Crede - 3B

Olivo - C

is definately playoff ready. Give me a rotation of Schmidt, Buehrle, Loaiza, Garland, and Scho(Jon and Scho can be flipped), and I am happy as hell.

Damn, how the hell did I get so far off-topic?

Anyways, MARK KICKS ASS! :headbang

Mark has been a very good pitcher for the White Sox. The only real bad game he had was against New York where he let 7 runs go by in the first inning. It was simply horrible, but now he’s improved allot! A record of 5-1 is just awesome. MB himself is awesome. Every time I see him, I see him having fun. The guy is an excellent pitcher and should keep it up.

Buehrle's ERA during his four-game winning streak is just 0.65 (two earned runs in 27 2-3 innings) and he's been showered with run support.

Hard to argue with that  :headbang

i dont know...that 1 ER could have came back and bit us....

:)

CRector, where you at man? Oh yeah, but it's because of the run support that he's doing so well, not because he's only allowed one run.

I really don't think Randy Johnson is a possibility. I think we have a shot to get Schmidt (sp?), Garcia, and Glavine. I'd like to have either one of those three on our team. My hope is that we can fleece the Pirates (ala the Cubs last year) for Kip Wells. He might not be an ace, but he's a very good number two number three. Then again, we want an ace. I like Glavine. I like Schmidt. I like Garcia.

I never understood why so many guys get their panties in a wad when someone starts a thread no one likes. The original thread was started by C. Rector who overdramatized things.

The fact is, Mark's numbers had declined each of the past two seasons and that was a legitimate concern. How that is translated into "MB Haters" is beyond the scope of my imagination.

If keeping the old thread going or keep starting new ones every time he has a good start makes you feel better, well by all means for your own mental health feel free to do so. But I find it comical that this grudge has to be carried about a thread that while overdramatized by one person in the beginning, had a valid basis.