WHITE SOX rumor mill

JUGGERNAUT

Burnity for Rowand and a lower prospect or two.

Do it

Hell no.

Burnitz hasn't been able to handle pressure the past 2 seasons in New York and LA. Why would the Sox then take a player whose stats are undoubtedly Coors-inflated who can't handle the pressure, and give up a player who can be solid against LHP?

I liked Jurassic when he was here though. If the Sox could bring him back, they should.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pitt has Chris Wilson, and they would NEVER trade for Konerko's contract.  Ever.

Seattle doesn't need Konerko's schitzophrenic, GIDP-loving, no-range self either.

Lee has more value than Konerko, but neither of those teams want him after such a bad start.

Craig Wilson, and they seem reluctant to make him an everyday player.

Seattle's minor teams are devoid of power-hitting outfielders. If Lee can step it up a notch, I think they'd be interested in a relatively young caballo.

Just shut up and agree with me, the Sox would be so much better off if KW could swing this.

Craig Wilson, and they seem reluctant to make him an everyday player. 

Seattle's minor teams are devoid of power-hitting outfielders.  If Lee can step it up a notch, I think they'd be interested in a relatively young caballo.

Just shut up and agree with me, the Sox would be so much better off if KW could swing this.

Not only is Craig "Chris" Wilson an everyday player, he's thoroughly outhit Konerko in 2003 and 2004, while making 300K. There is NO way Pitt even considers the possibility of Konerko and Lee.

Seattle will trade Garcia but it won't be for some overrrated, overpaid head-case like Konerko or Lee. It will be for prospects like Honel and Cotts.

Of course it would be beneficial to the Sox. So will be Bonds for Jason Dellaro. Doesn't mean it will ever happen.

Not only is Craig "Chris" Wilson an everyday player, he's thoroughly outhit Konerko in 2003 and 2004, while making 300K.      There is NO way Pitt even considers the possibility of Konerko and Lee.

Seattle will trade Garcia but it won't be for some overrrated, overpaid head-case like Konerko or Lee. It will be for prospects like Honel and Cotts.

Of course it would be beneficial to the Sox. So will be Bonds for Jason Dellaro.    Doesn't mean it will ever happen.

Is Lee a head case? I think Konerko is high-maintenance, but Lee seems ok in that regard.

I was assuming that prospects would have to be included in any deal along with a Konerko/Lee. If Seattle, for example, was licking their chops over getting someone like Sweeney, then maybe they could be talked into taking Okrenok's contract in order to get him.

Not only is Craig "Chris" Wilson an everyday player, he's thoroughly outhit Konerko in 2003 and 2004, while making 300K.      There is NO way Pitt even considers the possibility of Konerko and Lee.

Of course it would be beneficial to the Sox. So will be Bonds for Jason Dellaro.    Doesn't mean it will ever happen.

Wilson makes $1.15 million

Wilson hit .262 last year, in only 309 AB's.

Wilson has never had more than 368 Ab's in a season.

He is outhitting Konerko so far this year, for sure, but it's not like he's Todd Helton or anything.

Wilson makes $1.15 million

Wilson hit .262 last year, in only 309 AB's. 

Wilson has never had more than 368 Ab's in a season.

He is outhitting Konerko so far this year, for sure, but it's not like he's Todd Helton or anything.

Wilson 2003:

871 OPS

6 GIDP

Konerko 2003:

704 OPS

28 GIDP

Wilson 2004:

1041 OPS

4 GIDP

Konerko 2004

838 OPS

5 GIDP

Wilson won't be making more than 4 Mill in the next 2 years while Konerko is owed 16 Mill. Plus the genetic hip condition rumors will always hurt Kong's value.

There is virtually NO chance Pirates in the present state will think twice about trading for Konerko, esp after 2003 collapse. None.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.soxtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=20600

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sports_s...?intID=38155160

Is a package of Class AAA Charlotte outfielder Jeremy Reed and disappointing starter Jon Rauch enough to land Garcia or Hernandez? Sox fans should be getting an answer soon.

Swap Reed with Borchard & I'll say yes.

The SOX have other holes besides 5th starter: Kock, Politte, Jackson

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/mlb/mlbrumors.html

Navarro's Likely Bait For Garcia (NYY & SEA)

Santana FA in 2006. (MIN)

Kip Wells arbit for 2005 .. ineffective & injured (PITT)

A's vying for Beltran? (OAK & KCR)

Two A's officials on Wednesday said no deal is imminent but acknowledged the teams keep in semi-regular contact.

KC looking for 3B & C. A's fit the bill with the Teahen & (John Baker/Casey Myers).