Yankees Dropping Cracker Jack!

Which do you prefer?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Cracker Jack
    • Crunch-n-Munch
    • Yuck, Neither

NEW YORK -- "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" might not have quite the same ring at Yankee Stadium anymore.

The ballpark is bagging Cracker Jack in favor of Crunch 'n Munch, a competing caramel popcorn, Yankees spokesman Jason Zillo said Wednesday.

Cracker Jack has been part of baseball for more than a century and was immortalized in the sport's own anthem, which is played during the seventh-inning stretch at ballparks nationwide.

Zillo said the change was made in part because Crunch 'n Munch tastes better. The stadium's director of hospitality, David Bernstein, told The New York Times that the move was prompted by Cracker Jack's decision to make only bags, not boxes, of its snack.

Bernstein did not rule out switching back to Cracker Jack, and Charles Nicolas, a spokesman for Cracker Jack's parent company, Frito Lay, hopes it happens.

"Baseball historians would say Cracker Jack and the Yankees belong together," Nicolas said.

Who eats Cracker Jacks at baseball games?

Hell, who eats Cracker Jacks anywhere?

Lemme tell you somethin'.....Yankees are lying when they say Crunch N Munch was made the substitute because it "taste better." They are merely trying to save some money by going for the cheap substitute.

Sure this is different then the Spiderman debacle (or selling the naming rights to a stadium), but generally baseball fans are against any change which alienates long standing traditions. Just look for Cracker Jacks return to Yankee Stadium within the next several weeks.

Everyone here in the NY area is making a huge deal about this.

I have not seen Cracker Jack at Yankee stadium since 2002. Last year, and so far this year it has been crunch-n-munch.

I think crunch-n-munch is just as good, if not better.

We/they are??????  :o

lol, I am not sure what that means.

while reading this thread, they read 'take me out to the ball game' and changed the cracker jack part to 'crunch-n-munch' on 95.5.

They joked about it on the morning news shows this morning too.

I have a friend who is a huge yankee fan, he thought it was some funny s***.

Oh I just figured out what you meant by we/they.

Yes, 'we' are.

I still don't consider myself an east coaster. I don't have the mindset I guess.

Anyway, turn on PLJ, maybe they will do the song with crunch-n-munch again.