Borchard Named Player of the Week

Chisoxfn

CHARLOTTE KNIGHTS PRESS RELEASE

FORT MILL, SC -- Charlotte Knights outfielder Joe Borchard was named the International League Batter-of-the-Week today. Over his last seven games Borchard is hitting .452 (14/31) with five home runs and 18 RBI.

Yesterday he hit three home runs (two in one inning) and had six RBI. It is just the fifth time since Charlotte joined the IL in 1993 that a Knights’ player hit three home runs in one game. He is the first Knights player to hit three home runs in a game since Anthony Sanders hit three at Durham on 5/26 last season. Borchard’s 14 total bases (2B, 3-HR) yesterday are the most by a Knights player since Creighton Gubanich had 14 total bases (2B, 3-HR) in a game on 8/28/01 at Norfolk.

He is just the 19th player in IL history to hit two home runs in one inning and is the first Charlotte Knight player to do so. Borchard entered the season rated as the #5 Prospect in the Chicago organization as selected by Baseball America.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, Nanita was also named player of the week in his league as well.

Congrats to Joe, I plan on catching back up with him for another five minutes when Charlotte is back in town in early August, assuming he is still with the club. A class act, a great person and a hard worker, he deserves all he gets...I can't say enough about him. :headbang Joe

Congrats to Joe, I plan on catching back up with him for another five minutes when Charlotte is back in town in early August, assuming he is still with the club.  A class act, a great person and a hard worker, he deserves all he gets...I can't say enough about him. :headbang Joe

asskiss.gif

Why don't you kiss some more ass. Geez, the guy isn't here yet.

asskiss.gif

Why don't you kiss some more ass. Geez, the guy isn't here yet.

I don't care if I am kissing ass, I've spoken to Borchard on several occasions, he knows me by name and if I want to cheer for him, I have that right...He's always been nice to me, cooperative and eager to talk about baseball. To me, that means something.

Guest JimH
I don't care if I am kissing ass, I've spoken to Borchard on several occasions, he knows me by name and if I want to cheer for him, I have that right...He's always been nice to me, cooperative and eager to talk about baseball.  To me, that means something.

You're rooting for the guy, that is very cool, and that's what being a baseball fan is all about. I think Dan was just kidding, but I must say that ass kissing smiley is one of the best I've seen! :lol:

It all comes down to this, Joe Borchard has got to force the White Sox into a decision on him. To the organizations credit, they have always come out and said they have faith in him - I've especially noticed Williams has said this, whenever he's been asked about Borchard.

For now, he is a great insurance policy if someone gets hurt. If he is truly starting to put it all together, watch out, we have a stud on our hands. :headbang

I will admit to losing some faith in Borchard after last year, and I will continue to say I hope I was dead wrong.

You're rooting for the guy, that is very cool, and that's what being a baseball fan is all about.  I think Dan was just kidding, but I must say that ass kissing smiley is one of the best I've seen!  :lol:

It all comes down to this, Joe Borchard has got to force the White Sox into a decision on him.  To the organizations credit, they have always come out and said they have faith in him - I've especially noticed Williams has said this, whenever he's been asked about Borchard.

For now, he is a great insurance policy if someone gets hurt.  If he is truly starting to put it all together, watch out, we have a stud on our hands.  :headbang

I will admit to losing some faith in Borchard after last year, and I will continue to say I hope I was dead wrong.

Exactly what you said, I was definitely losing faith in Borchard but still rooting for him. I'm a huge joe bo fan and I hope I'm dead, dead wrong on him, I want him to be the stud we all know he can be.

I think Dan was just kidding, but I must say that ass kissing smiley is one of the best I've seen!  :lol:

Yeah I was just looking for an excuse to use that smiley. Sorry, I didn't think we were all touchy about that. I didn't think it was going to stir anyone up, ss2k4.

On a serious note aboz is enjoying the 'I told you so' stuff right now.