Tickets

Guest wsc425

Guest hotsoxchick1

they go on sale online at 10 am sharp.. but i know for a fact that if your waiting in line at comiskey park that day they will open the ticket counters about a half hour before... so it pays to stand in line as opposed to sit online........besides you can hit the garage sale afterwords and stock up on those jerseys with the comiskey patch on them lol......

Of Note: It DOES NOT pay to wait at comiskey, UNLESS you are one of the first 15-20 in each line. Last year was a joke. I decided hell i'll go down there and kill two birds with one stone, pick up hawks playoff tickets and sox tickets without the handling charges, etc. But the Sox don't reward their fans for waiting outside. You see, the Cubs put their tickets on sale to people at Wrigley 2 hours before they go on sale via internet and phone. For the Sox, it's all the same. Last year i was there at about 830, got in line. By the time i got within 10 people of the window, all the cubs/sox games and opening day were sold out.

My uncle talks to me later that day, he rolled out of bed at about 9:55, got online, while sipping on a coffee while i'm in the freezing cold, and ordered tickets to all 3 cubs/sox game and a select few other games. Anyone who went down last year and wasn't there really really early got suckered, because the people online got a crack at tickets before people like me did. And if i remember correctly last year, the computers at comiskey were malfunctioning, and tickets actually went on sale AFTER 10 am. What a joke that was. My recommendation: Unless you go real early, and i'm talking like 4 am or something, stay home and use the internet, no doubt.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Of Note: It DOES NOT pay to wait at comiskey, UNLESS you are one of the first 15-20 in each line. Last year was a joke. I decided hell i'll go down there and kill two birds with one stone, pick up hawks playoff tickets and sox tickets without the handling charges, etc. But the Sox don't reward their fans for waiting outside.  You see, the Cubs put their tickets on sale to people at Wrigley 2 hours before they go on sale via internet and phone. For the Sox, it's all the same.  Last year i was there at about 830, got in line. By the time i got within 10 people of the window, all the cubs/sox games and opening day were sold out.

My uncle talks to me later that day, he rolled out of bed at about 9:55, got online, while sipping on a coffee while i'm in the freezing cold, and ordered tickets to all 3 cubs/sox game and a select few other games.  Anyone who went down last year and wasn't there really really early got suckered, because the people online got a crack at tickets before people like me did. And if i remember correctly last year, the computers at comiskey were malfunctioning, and tickets actually went on sale AFTER 10 am. What a joke that was. My recommendation: Unless you go real early, and i'm talking like 4 am or something, stay home and use the internet, no doubt.

you must have been at the wrong ticket window then or the problem was just at your ticket window......i know for fact, cause i was there with a few friends who were purchasing tickets at 930 am on the dot.... at the ticket window off 35th st.. (gate 4 i think it is)..... they got all their scrubs/sox tickets for all three games.......then we walked over to the garage sale and bought up a storm......and we didnt get to the park till around 730 am and were pretty close in the line to the front .....about 35 people away ............maybe it depends on which ticket window you go to??? i know they are all open that day..........we make a full day of it each year... they get their tickets and i get my stuff from the garage sale and then we go out to eat .. its alot of fun and it gets my "jones" under control for a few weeks till the season starts.......lol

Whatever the case, i got screwed last year, along with plenty of other people...MAYBE they will open a half hour early, but big deal, when you have people in front of you buying 15 games and parkin passes, that's not that many people getting through the line by 10...the sox need to review their policy and have tix at comiskey go on sale at least 2 hours before online and phone, to reward the fans that show up at the park.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Whatever the case, i got screwed last year, along with plenty of other people...MAYBE they will open a half hour early, but big deal, when you have people in front of you buying 15 games and parkin passes, that's not that many people getting through the line by 10...the sox need to review their policy and have tix at comiskey go on sale at least 2 hours before online and phone, to reward the fans that show up at the park.

call gallas and drop a suggestion in his box... im sure he will take you up on it... espically since hes scrambling around to find new creative ideas.......... :D

I have more than a few proposals for those crappy Sox fan relation people, let me tell you...a quick story.

Me and 3 friends went to a Sox/Seattle game last august, a friday night game. Tailgated before the game. We took some cans into the park, soda to be honest (we aren't stupid), and in the 3rd inning we got caught with them...security came up and said they found us with their high tech cameras. Then later, two of my friends pull out another one, i didn' t know they still had any, but anyway, they end up taking them downstairs to security crap and what not and kick them out of the park. So i have to waste a whole inning going downstairs and getting them the keys to my car so they have somewhere to go

Alright so that really sucks, and after the game we decide to tailgate again (at the time we didn't know you couldn't), so we light up the grill and have some burgers not even half done, and two security b****es in a golf cart come by and say put it out, you can't tailgate after the game. We were "oh, i didn't know that, alright". We were disappointed. Well one of my friends says "oh man, we have to waste the food". He's talking to us, just commenting. Well, one of the security guys responds with "I don't give a f***, get your s*** in the car and drive off." WHOA. I was like sir, all he was saying was that we have to waste the food and it's unfortunate, you don't ahve to swear. "I don't give a f***, i have to deal with asshole kids like you all day." At that point, we knew this wasn't any normal confrontation. Basically, after we asked them not to swear and they didn't listen, i started talking back, f*** if i'm gonna get pushed around by parking lot s***heads. So started making fun of their job and their life under my breath, and stuff like that, maybe even a wife joke in there. Well then the little scrawny guy of the two, shorter than me, and i'm 5'8", approaches me and says "you need another 100 pounds on you", and i'm like "excuse me" and he's right in my face. And i'm just boiling, just waiting for him to touch me, cuz hell would have broken loose...right about this time some other guy comes over that has no idea what's going on, and tells me to drive off and takes his cuffs out to arrest me! I would have loved to see that, i get arrested for tailgaiting after the game...and the security guy wanted to fight us! Then the morons tell us to throw the grill in the car right away, even though it's burning hot, and gives us s*** about that. Then we are like i wanna talk to your manager, and he goes "reinsdorf is my manager". And he says wanna call em now, i'm like sure...needless to say that didn't go anywhere. We took down their names and numbers from their badges and they were starting to get scared, all the while i kept ripping on their dead end job, it was hilarious.

That really pissed me off...probly the worst Sox experience i've ever had...they just treat people like s*** down there

Guest hotsoxchick1

wow i must say i have NEVER had that kind of experience at the park.......of course i park in the lots and we do some heafty tailgating.....ive never had any problems... what lots were you in??? and what did those security guys look like cause i dont know any who wear badges or name tags at the park in the parking lots.......not unless they are real cops and in uniform and on duty for cpd........i know the no tailgating rules after the game , and i believe it says so on the back of your ticket stubs or parking passes....maybe you should have looked there??? im not blaming you for anything but when going to do things like this you should probably find out the rules first???? just a suggestion... and like taking cans of anything into the park is definately not allowed i guess thats your own fault in the first place for not following that rule..........cant blame security for that one cause they were just doing their job...........im sorry you didnt have a great experience at the park but from what you put there it looks like you brought most of it on yourself for not following the rules.. and its people like you all who do not take the time to get the information that ruin stuff for the rest of us who follow the rules.............just another way to think about it.........

The whole way they handled the situation was my biggest problem, i'm sure i'm not the first one who has tried to tailgate after the game. It wasn't like we were putting up a fight. We got cursed at, numerous times, before we stepped up and started to talk back. That's a complete bulls*** way to treat a customer, trust me if u were there u wouldn't be blaming me for any of this, they were complete assholes. Just cuz the rule is on the ticket doesn't mean they have the right to be complete assholes to fans for no reason, i was pissed.

They had white shirts on with nametags and ID numbers, they weren't real cops, just a bunch of dumbasses that didn't graduate from high school and thought they'd be tough pickign on a bunch of high schoolers. I think it was lot E, it's the one outside the rightfield foul pole...not sure if that's E or not

I just don't think the Sox actually believe many of there games will sell out. The Cubs believe and know there games will sell out or at least a lot of them will.

Guest hotsoxchick1
The whole way they handled the situation was my biggest problem, i'm sure i'm not the first one who has tried to tailgate after the game. It wasn't like we were putting up a fight. We got cursed at, numerous times, before we stepped up and started to talk back. That's a complete bulls*** way to treat a customer, trust me if u were there u wouldn't be blaming me for any of this, they were complete assholes. Just cuz the rule is on the ticket doesn't mean they have the right to be complete assholes to fans for no reason, i was pissed.

They had white shirts on with nametags and ID numbers, they weren't real cops, just a bunch of dumbasses that didn't graduate from high school and thought they'd be tough pickign on a bunch of high schoolers. I think it was lot E, it's the one outside the rightfield foul pole...not sure if that's E or not

well if its lot E thats where we happen to tailgate and park... its actually reserved for the season ticket holders so i dont know how you got in there in the first place unless you had a green parking pass.......or told joey you were with us........lol.........i happen to know all the guys who patrol that lot and believe me none of them are assholes nor would any of them stop you from tailgating after the game(they might have asked for some food lol) and surely would not hastle you like you said so you coudnt have been in those lot E....... im there for 70 or more games a season so i know full right well the goings on in those lots before and after the game..............