The problems with the Draft

The only issue I have with Kruk's argument is why should anybody settle for less money then they can get? Do you think Kruk told ESPN, hey I've never done this before. Give me $25,000 for the first year and we'll talk?

I read this earlier. He said good stuff in there. The problem with baseball goes deeper than draftees wanting more money than they deserve. It starts with the agents.

Part of the problem is they are drafting high school kids and enticing them to skip college and play pro ball. Sometimes that takes more cash. I've read stories where kids say no, then the team starts offering what sounds like a great deal, the kid has no professional representation, and gets screwed.

It certainly isn't all fun and games.

Everything he says is correct, but its something that isn't going to change by one article.  Players will continue to be millionaires before even doing anything, and there isn't a damn thing we or Kruk can do about it.

I like your posts so much more w/ that new avatar...... :lolhitting

I've always had a question about the draft, maybe one of you could answer it.

I know alot of teams draft HS kids, but then the kids choose college instead of going to the minors.

Do the teams that draft those HS kids who choose college instead, get anything in return? since they don't get the player

I've always had a question about the draft, maybe one of you could answer it.

I know alot of teams draft HS kids, but then the kids choose college instead of going to the minors.

Do the teams that draft those HS kids who choose college instead, get anything in return? since they don't get the player

The teams recieve nothing, and thats the chance they take when drafting that kid.