HSC...you'll like this

witesoxfan

This is from the White Sox team report, from the Sporting News.

2B Aaron Miles has impressed the coaching staff with his all-out play, drawing comparisons to Angels SS David Eckstein. Miles' defense needs polish, but the 5-8, 170-pounder might have a future with the team. Last season, he was voted MVP of the Class AA Southern League after batting .322 with a league-leading 171 hits and 39 doubles for Birmingham.

link

There is other stuff as well....just thought I should point that out

Guest hotsoxchick1

uhh huh.. and now wadda you all think of my boy ..............didnt i tell ya he was awesome......... :D :D :D :D :D GOOOOOOOO AARON.......

3035...from what I've read from HSC's ravings about him...he's got good baseball instincts, solid defense, a decent arm, he's very small(like 5'6", not 5'8"), he hits well, and he's just a smart ballplayer....but it seems like hardwork got him to where he is today....which is the same thing that happened to David Eckstein.

I hope he wins the 2B job out of ST, or he atleast gets a roster spot. If you have a 25-man of players like that, you could seriously win a lot of games.

Miles compared to Eckstein eh? Now thats what i like to hear. Eckstein is one pesky motherf***a :headbang

the only problem is that Miles is a year younger than eckstien, yet has not seen one day of ML Action. Eckstien also has 2 years service and a ring. I really can't see Miles beating of Jimenez for the job, mainly because he's all but been gaurenteed the lead off spot and job at the 2 bag. If Miles hasn't broken out of the minors at 27 or whatever he is, why can he do it now?

LOL one thing i remeber about Eck was that WS Yankee game (I believe). Guy on base (Kennedy I belive), the Yanks had a pitchout going on, with Kennedy running. Eck stood straining on his tiptoes and fouled that pitch out. Thus saving the run. :D I would not be a BIT disappointed if Miles turns into that pest Eckstein :headbang

Miles compared to Eckstein eh? Now thats what i like to hear. Eckstein is one pesky motherf***a :headbang

the only problem is that Miles is a year younger than eckstien, yet has not seen one day of ML Action. Eckstien also has 2 years service and a ring. I really can't see Miles beating of Jimenez for the job, mainly because he's all but been gaurenteed the lead off spot and job at the 2 bag. If Miles hasn't broken out of the minors at 27 or whatever he is, why can he do it now?

Why couldn't he do it now? Sometimes, a player is a late bloomer.

I can't wait to see Aaron play next week.  Hopefully he impresses and he's everything Michelle has been saying he is.

Looking forward to any input you can give us all on your trip out there next week....it'll be fun to find out what you think....the good, the bad and the ugly.....

I, too, am interested in the development of some of these kids we've heard so much about....Munoz, Diaz, Adkins, Cotts, Nunez and Miles too....to name a few....

Waiting for the season to begin is like waiting for paint to dry...the more you pay attention to it, the longer it seems to take!

Guest hotsoxchick1

he can do it now cause i say he can..............hes got to make some kind of impression out of spring training... hey and at least jm is lookin at him a little harder now too.......hes got the potiential to kick some serious bootay up here.... and jimenez, who the hell cares.. i wasnt all that impressed with him anyhow.. not as impressed as i am with aaron.... i called miguel, begged for sandys return now i am cryin for aaron to be up here this year........i know someone has to hear me loud and clear.................they always end up listening.......... :D :headbang

he can do it now cause i say he can..............hes got to make some kind of impression out of spring training... hey and at least jm is lookin at him a little harder now too.......hes got the potiential to kick some serious bootay up here.... and jimenez, who the hell cares.. i wasnt all that impressed with him anyhow.. not as impressed as i am with aaron.... i called miguel, begged for sandys return now i am cryin for aaron to be up here this year........i know someone has to hear me loud and clear.................they always end up listening.......... :D :headbang

Well JM has also said he was impressed by Stewart, do you think he'll get the 5th spot? Probably not. It's just that there are so many things in favor of Miles not making the starting line-up, at least not on this team. Bench player probably, but KW traded for D'Ang that's one thing, D'Ang is also younger, and has ML experience. He would have to completely fall flat on his face to not have the lead-off and 2nd base job, and Aaron would have to hit like .700 and play flawless D. I'm not saying that that wouldn't be a great story, especially if he succeded at the ML level, but everyone is questioning our up the middle guys now, can you imagine what the press would say if we had a 27 year old, thus far, career minor leaguer, at 2nd?

another thing is that at least I've seen Miguel on some lists of top prospects, I've NEVER seen Aaron's name mentioned, If he's as good as you say, why hasn't he already pushed his way onto this team or any other team for that matter?

Guest hotsoxchick1
It is never wise to doubt HSC.

I doubted HSC at 2002's SoxFest and she STILL owes me a 6 pack of Sam Adams :headbang

yeah what was that bet even about again..i foregot........... :D

why hasn't he already pushed his way onto this team or any other team for that matter?

Because Miles is 27 and he's always been behind someone at 2B in the organization....he was behind Biggio in Houston and was behind Durham here in Chicago....and now he may be behind Jimenez(hopefully not). I believe those are the only two teams he's ever played for.

Guest hotsoxchick1
why hasn't he already pushed his way onto this team or any other team for that matter?

Because Miles is 27 and he's always been behind someone at 2B in the organization....he was behind Biggio in Houston and was behind Durham here in Chicago....and now he may be behind Jimenez(hopefully not). I believe those are the only two teams he's ever played for.

and jimenez screwed up a nice and easy double play today... miles is lookin better and better....... :D :D :D

oh yeah killa that was the bet wasnt it.........lol its ok you can collect anytime .....you know me im always good for it....... :D

oh yeah killa that was the bet wasnt it.........lol its ok you can collect anytime .....you know me im always good for it....... :D

Nah. I would never think of collecting on that bet. You are always more than willing to let me, Guido, and RPS bum a few burgers and, as Guido would say, saaaaa-sage from you when we're getting crunked at a USCF tailgate. That doesn't go without appreciation you know ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1

Nah. I would never think of collecting on that bet. You are always more than willing to let me, Guido, and RPS bum a few burgers and, as Guido would say, saaaaa-sage from you when we're getting crunked at a USCF tailgate. That doesn't go without appreciation you know ;)

hey killa you know ill always take care of my favorite guys.............. ;) its just a given......... btw i was listening to a little bit of todays game on the way home from work.... my boy miles did some nice defense today huh....I LOVE THAT KID............... :D