Jung Bong

C.Rector

How often does someone like him come up from double-a. Didn't he actually start the very beginning of the season at single-a???

No -- Willis has 6 game total above A-ball. All last season with teh Carolina Mudcats.

It's not uncommon to move up that quickly. Rex can explain the whole jumping from AA thing better than I can.

Grienke pitched 9 games at AA last year, and 6 at AAA this year. He's now tearing up the Majors.

Beckett pitched 14 games above A-Ball in his career. One was a re-hab start.

That's the difference between an established player who makes $X+ and an unproven commodity that makes $X--

You pay for the experience and the safety in knowing what you will get.

We should have paid for some experience in the off-season, but that would have been way to hard.

No -- Willis has 6 game total above A-ball.  All last season with teh Carolina Mudcats.

It's not uncommon to move up that quickly.  Rex can explain the whole jumping from AA thing better than I can.

Grienke pitched 9 games at AA last year, and 6 at AAA this year. He's now tearing up the Majors.

Beckett pitched 14 games above A-Ball in his career. One was a re-hab start.

So are you saying beckett never pitched at double-a or triple-a???

We should have paid for some experience in the off-season, but that would have been way to hard.

Colon wanted 4 years. At his age and physical condition, who knows if he would be pitching in year three, let alone year four.

Still, he would look a whole lot better than what we have now.

Colon wanted 4 years. At his age and physical condition, who knows if he would be pitching in year three, let alone year four.

Still, he would look a whole lot better than what we have now.

That's pretty sad considering how he's been terrible for the most part.

That's pretty sad considering how he's been terrible for the most part.

Hard to compare but he would have been a solid #3 I'm certain and he would be eating a #1 salary. But overpaying in money may have been better than overpaying in minor league talent.

Hard to compare but he would have been a solid #3 I'm certain and he would be eating a #1 salary. But overpaying in money may have been better than overpaying in minor league talent.

haha, you said eating.

I wonder if Giovanni Gonzalez can be one of those A/AA to MLB pitchers... any of the minor league guys around here have any idea?

11 million dollars a year for a 6.04 era, they can keep it.

11 million dollars a year for a 6.04 era, they can keep it.

And we can have the Wright, Munoz, Rauch, Diaz, Rauch merry-go-round.

JR keeps some money and we are 2 games out, and hoping to make a deal. We'll probably have to give up a top prospect or two to get some real help. Dollars or players, eitehr way we are overpaying.

One thing last year with Colon's ERA, and something I really disliked about him, if he smelled a loss coming on, he practically offered up BP. It wasn't until the team showed a little spark that he beared down and pitched. At the end of last season I had the most confidence in him or our starting 5.