Cubs as Champs

Who does not mind seeing the Cubs win a World Series this year?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who does not mind seeing the Cubs win a World Series this year?

• I do not mind
    • I absolutely mind. They can burn in hell forever.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God damn.  Is this Soxtalk.com or Northsidebaseball.com?  I could go to a Cubs site and not see as much Cubs ass licking.  Are the Cubs a good team?  Yes.  R they the 27 Yankees?  NO.  They don't have a true leadoff hitter for one.  Say what you want about the Cubs pitching last year.  THEY DON'T GO ANYWHERE WITHOUT THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF KENNY LOFTON.  They don't have that this year.  They're not a great defensive team outside of Lee and Gonzalez.  I'm sure we all know that defense counts for a ton in the post-season.  They have an AVERAGE bullpen at best.  Nobody knows how Hawkins is gonna do longterm as the closer.  Borowski,  Remlinger,  Beltran,  Welmeyer and just about every other bum they have suck.  Farnsworth is as inconsistent as they come.  Mercker is nothing to get excited about.  Add to that, people act as if they know for sure that Wood is gonna come back and dominate.  Who's to say he doesn't struggle at 1st?  Who's to say beyond a shadow of a doubt that his injury won't bother him all season long?  Nobody knows. And for the 50th time.  THE MARLINS R THE TEAM TO BEAT.

Right on! :cheers :headbang :notworthy

I haven't chimed in here, but I hate to say it, but take the damn Sox glasses off. This team does NOT have a legit #1. You put MB out there against anyone in baseball that is in first place in any of the divisions today, and he will get his ass kicked 8 out of 10 times. PERIOD. (Save the Rangers, who I cannot believe still are in first place this late ... talk about the ARod effect, first Seattle and now Texas).

Anyway, I really don't care for the Cubs, although my hatred is not as bad as some here. But reality says this team goes as far as the pitching will carry it, and while it might be good enough to win the division, it won't win dick in the playoffs against the top pitching staffs in baseball.

It figures you'd say this cuz you're a f***ing idiot!

;)

Keep defending YOUR cubs, Brandofan! You have more good things to say about them than the Sox.

BTW..."MODS"...if you are reading this, please note that yesterday one of you were on me for allegedly calling someone a "dick"...however, you will notice that I was just referred to as a "f***ing idiot". Just wanted to make you aware.

Keep defending YOUR cubs, Brandofan! You have more good things to say about them than the Sox.

Because, and I hate to admit this, the Cubs today are a better team then the Sox. Will that be the case after the deadline? That remains to be seen. But, as much as the truth hurts, the Sox staff are ballwashers and can't hold a candle to the Cubs staff right now. A blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while, but pit these two teams against each other for more then 6 games, and the Cubs kill them with the teams as they are now.

All I have to say about that is, I sure hope that KW can do something about that.

Because, and I hate to admit this, the Cubs today are a better team then the Sox.  Will that be the case after the deadline?  That remains to be seen.  But, as much as the truth hurts, the Sox staff are ballwashers and can't hold a candle to the Cubs staff right now.  A blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while, but pit these two teams against each other for more then 6 games, and the Cubs kill them with the teams as they are now. 

All I have to say about that is, I sure hope that KW can do something about that.

While I agree (as much as it hurts to say), I am glad they are still capable of blowing a 9-5 lead.

Because, and I hate to admit this, the Cubs today are a better team then the Sox.  Will that be the case after the deadline?  That remains to be seen.  But, as much as the truth hurts, the Sox staff are ballwashers and can't hold a candle to the Cubs staff right now.  A blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while, but pit these two teams against each other for more then 6 games, and the Cubs kill them with the teams as they are now. 

Last time I looked, the Sox pounded the cubbies 4 out of 6 games!

BTW..."MODS"...if you are reading this, please note that yesterday one of you were on me for allegedly calling someone a "dick"...however, you will notice that I was just referred to as a "f***ing idiot". Just wanted to make you aware.

You only get in trouble if the statement is not true.

Last time I looked, the Sox pounded the cubbies 4 out of 6 games!

Last time you looked, that was last year. There is no comparison of talent between this year's Cubs and this year's Sox, ON PAPER. I know, the games have to be played on the field and all that BS.

Without the Sox goggles on, let's have this for an excercise. With the rosters of today, going into the playoffs which team would you pick to go the farthest?

I am NOT saying that moves cannot be made to rectify, but TODAY, the Cubs are better, PERIOD. I hate it, we all hate it, but that is the facts as they exist today.

That might change if KW has some freedom to fix some things.

The Cubs r no doubt better than the Sox right now. I can name atleast 10 other teams better. That doesn't mean i'm gonna crown the Cubs world series champions on June 24th. They still have a lot to prove before anybody can truly call them a great team. That division is a lot better than it was last year. So there won't be any going into September a whopping 3 gms over .500 and then fattening up against argubly the 3 worst teams in the national league like they did last year.

Last time you looked, that was last year.  There is no comparison of talent between this year's Cubs and this year's Sox, ON PAPER.  I know, the games have to be played on the field and all that BS.

Without the Sox goggles on, let's have this for an excercise.  With the rosters of today, going into the playoffs which team would you pick to go the farthest?

I am NOT saying that moves cannot be made to rectify, but TODAY, the Cubs are better, PERIOD.  I hate it, we all hate it, but that is the facts as they exist today.

That might change if KW has some freedom to fix some things.

Maybe we can't match their pitching staff 1-5. But we can no doubt match them on offense and in the pen.

I'm not calling them World Champs either. All I'm saying is that the Sox are not as good as the Cubs RIGHT NOW. Facts are facts and some people need to learn to deal with reality.

It DOESN'T mean that will be the case come September.

I'm out.

I'm not calling them World Champs either.  All I'm saying is that the Sox are not as good as the Cubs RIGHT NOW.  Facts are facts and some people need to learn to deal with reality.

It DOESN'T mean that will be the case come September.

I'm out.

Apparently our friends Izzy and M-Jeff4lifeyo can't differentiate between

"Let's give the Cubs World Series trophey right f***ing now...They're just too good"

AND

"A healthy Cub squad should be considered the favorite to go to WS from NL"

:bang :cheers

Apparently our friends Izzy and M-Jeff4lifeyo can't differentiate between

"Let's give the Cubs World Series trophey right f***ing now...They're just too good"

AND

"A healthy Cub squad should be considered the favorite to go to WS from NL"

:bang  :cheers

I can make that differentiation....all I am saying is that:

1) I think you are overrating the Cubs;

2) I think you are undderating the Sox; and

3) The only reason the Cubs may be closer to the WS than the Sox is because the NL SUCKS! The Yankees, Redsox, Angels, A's are better than ANY team in the NL, the Whitesox, Twins and Mariners are just as good as any NL team!

:fthecubs

I can make that differentiation....all I am saying is that:

1) I think you are overrating the Cubs;

2) I think you are undderating the Sox; and

3) The only reason the Cubs may be closer to the WS than the Sox is because the  NL SUCKS! The Yankees, Redsox, Angels, A's are better than ANY team in the NL, the Whitesox, Twins and Mariners are just as good as any NL team!

I agree with the NL road to the WS is easier then the AL road.

:lol:  Someone is not a morning person. :crying

Nah...I feel great today.

The sun's out, my family's healthy, and the Sox are on the verge of pounding the Cubs (AGAIN!).

I just don't like being called a "f***ing idiot", especially by those who are obviously intellectually inferior to me.