popeye089

What should we do about Frank?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do about Frank?

• Trade him
    • Make this his last year
    • Just bench him
    • Send him down for Punishment

I really think this could be our year or next when the chemistry clicks. I think Frank can have a great year because he has something to prove to everyone, is playing for his livelyhood, and is working with his old hitting coach. But, do we sacrifice the locker room for his maybe numbers. You all have to admit he was and may still be great but a dicontented team cannot go all the way. Do we risk it and hope things get better. Paully wanted to move on, so did Manuel, but Frank just won't let go. I know he did a lot in the past, but that was the past. Do we sacrifice a much talented team's chances of winning to stay loyal to someone who only has loyalty to himself, as he has proven. Even Jose questioned his team ethics. I am a big Frank Thomas fan but when is enough enough. Also don't you think the Big Hurt is just starting to put a BIG HURT on our payroll? I do apologize I forgot that 5th option of keeping him. I was typing while listening to the game Sorry Rookie mistake

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also he has tainted his legend with selfishness If you want an example look at Ripken. He decided to sit out & end his record to give younger players a chance because he new he wasn't putting out the same numbers. I think Daubach or Borchard can also use the time at dh since they have proven they can produce and not cry about making less than 5 mil

popeye089 i wont vote either. what the hell is wrong with you. why would you not want to keep him he still has a few years left in him. And look what happen to ripken did he ever win a world series?

Yeah he did(though he shouldn't have....damn 1983....we got screwed)

That poll is stupid....Thomas is going to hit .330 40 140 this year and he will stay for another year and the rest of his career. That will shut you up real quick.

You probably should have put in choice 5....keep him and watch him rip the f***in cover off the ball

Why dont I see any positive voting choice? He should stay a lifetime white sox player. I know he's been getting into locker room arguments, but we also know he REALLY is trying to get along with everyone and prove that he is the Sox's MVP. He has stated that he wants to put all the controversy behind him and just play some damn ball. Everyone get off Frank's back! :fyou

Yeah, no offense, but a pretty ridiculous poll.....there should at least have been a "other" option, that most of us could have used.....anyone who doesn't see the value of the hurt and what he WILL do for us this year, and hopefully the next 5, obviously has a somewhat blurred memory or has only recently become a fan....

My opinion, he deserves better..... yeah, I know....a self-centered, ego-filled head case, a cancer in the clubhouse, yada yada...but, he can CARRY a team for extended periods of time and I think his "negative" influence is very much overrated when it comes to the fellas on the bench...most simply roll their eyes and move on.....

Let's give it a rest.

a self-centered, ego-filled head case, a cancer in the clubhouse, yada yada...but, he can CARRY a team for extended periods of time and I think his "negative" influence is very much overrated when it comes to the fellas on the bench...most simply roll their eyes and move on.....

You know who that sounds like? Barry Bonds

Not sure that is what Bonds is like, but the media isn't always nice to star players.

a self-centered, ego-filled head case, a cancer in the clubhouse, yada yada...but, he can CARRY a team for extended periods of time and I think his "negative" influence is very much overrated when it comes to the fellas on the bench...most simply roll their eyes and move on.....

Not sure that is what Bonds is like, but the media isn't always nice to star players.

Sounds more like shamMe to me

Yep, that does sound more like Bonds, excellent point...but, for all the negative feedback we got from the SF press about Barry's impact in the clubhouse, it didn't seem to have any problem with the team's success last year....

I had a chance to live in SF last year and watched the daily frenzy of info created by the local media to help sell papers about how bad things were in the clubhouse, but at the end of the day, it appears that, no, the players were just fine and it was the media and the fans who got carried away...

All the players know what Barry and Frank are like and handle their personalities the same way they handle all the other 23 personalities on the team.....some folks need more space than others, some get their egos bruised a bit easier (see the 2 guys mentioned above), but bottom line is that they are ALL PROFESSIONALS who are there to do a job...

Team chemistry is critical, don't get me wrong, but I think most of the negative stuff we read about is the same kinda crap we deal with every day in our jobs....and at the end of the day, we all have to perform individually and as a group in order to be the best.

Frank will hit 330, 31,112 this year.....mark it down. :headbang

I really dislike this poll - how f***ing biased can a poll be -

and I think it is very disrespectful to the greatest White Sox player ever, and also way of whack with what the team needs in 2003.

There are always a lot more options than what we were presented with here and really being a thinking fan means that you look at things as objectively as possible. When something is so biased it loses respect.

Collins is the one you can make an argument for. Baines does not belong on that list, and Weaver and Jackson, 2 of the * Men Out? Give me a break. :nono Fisk, I loved Fisk as a player, but no way is he the greatest Sox player ever. It is Frank.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Collins is the one you can make an argument for.  Baines does not belong on that list, and Weaver and Jackson, 2 of the * Men Out?  Give me a break.  :nono Fisk, I loved Fisk as a player, but no way is he the greatest Sox player ever.  It is Frank.

well ill just say that i dont think that frank is the greatest.. he shares that title with all those you mentioned .......no one is the greatest on their own.........each contributed in their own way to the teams history..........thus making them all good at what they did for their time frame..........cause in reality tell me if shoeless joe were still alive today and franks age he would be rocking franks numbers all over the place............he was the frank of the early 1900's.............