Or-KISS-tra

LowerCaseRepublican

:puke :rolleyes: :puke :wacko: :puke :o

Stick a fork in Kiss...

so is the new official sign that a band officially sucks now? This orchestra bulls***? Aerosmith, Pathetica and now Kiss?

.....ugh.....very ugh.....

and by the way, I still think it's REALLY pathetic to pass Tommy Thayer off as Ace Frehley and ( I believe it's Eric Singer ) as Peter Criss by throwing them out their in Ace and Peter's clothes. Gene and Paul showed their true colors with that classless move.

and by the way, I still think it's REALLY pathetic to pass Tommy Thayer off as Ace Frehley and ( I believe it's Eric Singer ) as Peter Criss by throwing them out their in Ace and Peter's clothes. Gene and Paul showed their true colors with that classless move.

I agree with you there. I find it funny how some on this board rip on, as you call them, Pathetica, but treat KISS as if they are still some kind of "all for the fans" rock band. KISS are the ultimate sellouts. Not to mention, their pathetic attempts to get more money from their loyal fans always reaches new lows. Additionally, the hundreds, maybe thousands, of lawsuits where KISS sued one or more of their fans civilly for any of a number of really petty violations of certain corporate laws. And last but not least, KISS was really never that good.

:fyou KISS

Kiss are the Home Shopping Network of music, except that NOTHING they sell is low-priced. Come on, $150 for a f***ing BOOK???

The Kiss Army is so close to being Trekkies that it isn't even funny....no wait, I take that back - it's VERY funny!!

"Ah'm onna git berried inna KISS CASKET!! Ah'll be thuh kewlist guy in the cemetary!!!"

The Kiss Army is so close to being Trekkies that it isn't even funny....no wait, I take that back - it's VERY funny!!

"Ah'm onna git berried inna KISS CASKET!! Ah'll be thuh kewlist guy in the cemetary!!!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

I was going to mention the KISS casket too. But it's worth it..... you can use it as a cooler before you die :headbang

I agree with you there. I find it funny how some on this board rip on, as you call them, Pathetica, but treat KISS as if they are still some kind of "all for the fans" rock band. KISS are the ultimate sellouts. Not to mention, their pathetic attempts to get more money from their loyal fans always reaches new lows. Additionally, the hundreds, maybe thousands, of lawsuits where KISS sued one or more of their fans civilly for any of a number of really petty violations of certain corporate laws. And last but not least, KISS was really never that good.

Kiss Blows :bringit

:puke  :rolleyes:  :puke  :wacko:  :puke  :o

Stick a fork in Kiss...

so is the new official sign that a band officially sucks now? This orchestra bulls***? Aerosmith, Pathetica and now Kiss?

.....ugh.....very ugh.....

Tommy Thayer in place of Ace is weak, even though he is a much better guitar player at this point. Peter Criss was back behind the drums...for these Australia shows anyway. I can understand why Simmons and Stanley have resorted to the "classless move" of replacing them. Peter & Ace both wanted out of KISS in the late 70's/early 80's. They gave up their rights to their makeup designs & no were no longer a part of the KISS Corp. They were both f*** ups who cared more about getting f***ed up than their careers. So after about 15 years of being washed up, out of work hacks, Gene & Paul gave them both big pay days with the Reunion/Psycho Circus/Neverending Farewell Tours. Half way through the Farewell tour, Peter Criss decided that he had leverage enough to hold KISS hostage & demand more money. f*** him! He's lucky to not be bussing tables somewhere. Now Ace tried the same s*** before these Austalian shows. If they wanted their full pieces of the KISS pie, they should have been putting in the work Simmons & Stanley have over the "thin" non-makeup years. KISS is Paul Stanley & Gene Simmons. I like the line up much better with Ace Frehley & Peter Criss in it, but if they are not able to carry their weight & are expecting to be welcomed back in the band as "equals" they can tell their stories walking.

Guest hotsoxchick1

kiss is still a band??? geez i would have figured they went out in the 80's with the bee gees and abba........what does gene simmions come out in a wheel chair now.... i know he cant possibly be walking on those stilts anymore....... :o

While you make good points about Peter and Ace f***ing up their spots in Kiss, it's also fair to say that when the reunion tour took place, Gene and Paul needed Ace and Peter almost as much as Ace and Peter needed them. Kiss was falling off the radar screen quickly at that point - CD sales were as thin as Gene's real hair, and concert crowds were dwindling as well. Sure, they still sold a lot of Kiss Krap, but they were being reduced to the Trekkie-like convention circuit. So they took advantage of Ace and Peter's weak bargaining position and signed them on at an insulting pay rate of 10% of the profits each. So I really can't blame the guys for wanting a bigger piece of the pie once Kiss re-established themselves, even if it was as an oldies show and novelty act. Fact of the matter is, if they hadn't done the makeup tour with the ORIGINAL line-up, nobody would have cared. Gene and Paul should have at least recognized that and given the guys a bonus of some sort. But Simmons and Stanley are totally greedy f***s, and will never recognize that anyone other than themselves could possibly have anything to do with any success Kiss has.

Guest hotsoxchick1

But Simmons and Stanley are totally greedy f***s, and will never recognize that anyone other than themselves could possibly have anything to do with any success Kiss has.

and come to think of it kiss really isnt as successful as other bands.... take areosmith and the stones.. hell even ozzy is still rockin these days..... dont see much of kiss anymore nor were they around as long as the forementioned......like i said before didnt they go out in the 80's with the other hair bands.........yep i think so.......

But Simmons and Stanley are totally greedy f***s, and will never recognize that anyone other than themselves could possibly have anything to do with any success Kiss has.

and come to think of it kiss really isnt as successful  as other bands.... take areosmith and the stones.. hell even ozzy is still rockin these days..... dont see much of kiss anymore nor were they around as long as the forementioned......like i said before didnt they go out in the 80's with the other hair bands.........yep i think so.......

They grossed $62.7 million on touring alone in 2000. I don't see a whole lot of "80's hair bands" doing that.

Speaking of Aerosmith...they are doing a co-headlining tour with KISS this summer...something like 40 dates. :headbang

Name me one band that is not a sell out! If any band was not in it for the money, they would never sign a record deal in the 1st place. That was the goal from the very beginning with KISS. They invented the "sellout". They were the 1st to do the comic books, action figures, trading cards, pinball machines, etc. Then they took it 1000-fold. KISS to me has always been about the fun. If your looking for something political or more serious, go check out U2, not KISS.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Speaking of Aerosmith...they are doing a co-headlining tour with KISS this summer...something like 40 dates. :headbang

no kidding... well maybe kiss will have learned something by the end of the tour........ :D

no kidding... well maybe kiss will have learned something by the end of the tour........ :D

Don't count on it.

(Am I slagging KISS or Aerosmith? hmmmmm...)

Name me one band that is not a sell out! If any band was not in it for the money, they would never sign a record deal in the 1st place. That was the goal from the very beginning with KISS. They invented the "sellout". They were the 1st to do the comic books, action figures, trading cards, pinball machines, etc. Then they took it 1000-fold. KISS to me has always been about the fun. If your looking for something political or more serious, go check out U2, not KISS.

Actually, I was busting the balls of a friend of mine who posts on these boards. He knows who he is. And he would have seen the humor in it. Glad someone else took it so seriously..... :rolleyes:

Actually, I was busting the balls of a friend of mine who posts on these boards. He knows who he is. And he would have seen the humor in it. Glad someone else took it so seriously..... :rolleyes:

Uh..yeah...so was I....

gene.gif

and come to think of it kiss really isnt as successful  as other bands.... take areosmith and the stones.. hell even ozzy is still rockin these days..... dont see much of kiss anymore nor were they around as long as the forementioned......like i said before didnt they go out in the 80's with the other hair bands.........yep i think so.......

They grossed $62.7 million on touring alone in 2000. I don't see a whole lot of "80's hair bands" doing that.

Really????????? s*** , they better be coming here!

and come to think of it kiss really isnt as successful  as other bands.... take areosmith and the stones.. hell even ozzy is still rockin these days..... dont see much of kiss anymore nor were they around as long as the forementioned......like i said before didnt they go out in the 80's with the other hair bands.........yep i think so.......

Poser!

Guest hotsoxchick1

Poser!

more like hoser............. :D